Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default How come Falcoln Cap never had atory involving Battlestar, Patriot or Josiah X?

Looking at the Sam Wilson version of Captain America and thinking there was a missed opportunity to do a story on black heroes and patriotism. It seems like in recent years Marvel is trying to make the readers forget that THE TRUTH ever happened and not have Patriot or Josiah X appear anywhere. Hell, I don't even see Isaiah Bradley nor is he mentioned.

I'm not sure how long Sam is going to be Cap but it would be nice if they did a story with all these characters together. Also, I do know that Falcon and Battlestar teamed up years ago, but it would be nice to see something contemporary.

I don't have a social agenda but I think it's just odd that you have other characters of color who wear the red, white and blue and they never shared a panel or had a story together. #justsaying

I'm not sure what's up with Patriot.
    At this point, I'm beginning to wonder if his family wasn't swept under the rug, so Marvel could push Sam as THE first black Captain America.

Although I remember a rumor concerning copyrights, but I can't remember the details or where I've read that. Somebody else heard about that? Or was that a dream?
    Last edited by mugiwara; 08-07-2016 at 08:31 PM.

BANNED

Go tweet Nick Spencer about it. Or would you rather just blindly speculate and create conspiracy theories?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    At this point, I'm beginning to wonder if his family wasn't swept under the rug, so Marvel could push Sam as THE first black Captain America.
    It's weird to me that you didn't emphasize FIRST.

Incredible Member

I think writers are either intimidated/scared or it's some editorial mandate. I mean these characters are pretty cool can't use them for just any story I feel like it would have to mean something. Isaiah was last seen in I believe the wedding issue of BP, Josiah hasn't been seen since The Crew and Eli kinda disappeared after CW. If there was ever a time to use them I think it would be now especially in a book like Nighthawk or Sam Cap.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon Based Stickler View Post
    Go tweet Nick Spencer about it. Or would you rather just blindly speculate and create conspiracy theories?
    Who's Nick Spencer?

seriously? The writer of both Captain America comics.
    I surrender to the Contest

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    Who's Nick Spencer?
    The writer of Captain America: Sam Wilson.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    seriously? The writer of both Captain America comics.
    Thanks! I'll look him up on Twitter.

Looking at the Sam Wilson version of Captain America and thinking there was a missed opportunity to do a story on black heroes and patriotism. It seems like in recent years Marvel is trying to make the readers forget that THE TRUTH ever happened and not have Patriot or Josiah X appear anywhere. Hell, I don't even see Isaiah Bradley nor is he mentioned.

I'm not sure how long Sam is going to be Cap but it would be nice if they did a story with all these characters together. Also, I do know that Falcon and Battlestar teamed up years ago, but it would be nice to see something contemporary.

I don't have a social agenda but I think it's just odd that you have other characters of color who wear the red, white and blue and they never shared a panel or had a story together. #justsaying
    I most definitely would support this storyline. There have many African-American characters who are a part of the Captain America lineage. Seeing a team of Sam Wilson, Battlestar, Patriot, and Josiah X would be fantastic. And the way that Spencer has recently been using Cap elements from the past, like Jack Flag, Free Spirit, and the upcoming issues with U.S. Agent, I think it's certainly within the realm of possibility!

Count me in!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

If Reggie Hudlin were writing Sam as Cap, you would have a story arc like that for sure. So it's not something that's completely off the table. We'll see.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post

Although I remember a rumor concerning copyrights, but I can't remember the details or where I've read that. Somebody else heard about that? Or was that a dream?

https://twitter.com/jrome58/status/564642308902371328

BANNED

Does any writer actually care about Battlestar? I'm beginning to think he destined to reappear to be killed off at some point. No one seems to want to use him to any effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefalcon View Post
    Does any writer actually care about Battlestar? I'm beginning to think he destined to reappear to be killed off at some point. No one seems to want to use him to any effect.
    well, he has a cool codename. I can't say that I like him, personally. whenever he appears, i'm reminded of his time as a Bucky. calling it now, he's one of those violent Americops.

Josiah rarely leaves his neighborhood. like he's basically a ghost. and we've seen at least one future where there's a connection between the Wilson family and Patriot.