Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    Looking at the Sam Wilson version of Captain America and thinking there was a missed opportunity to do a story on black heroes and patriotism. It seems like in recent years Marvel is trying to make the readers forget that THE TRUTH ever happened and not have Patriot or Josiah X appear anywhere. Hell, I don't even see Isaiah Bradley nor is he mentioned.

I'm not sure how long Sam is going to be Cap but it would be nice if they did a story with all these characters together. Also, I do know that Falcon and Battlestar teamed up years ago, but it would be nice to see something contemporary.

I don't have a social agenda but I think it's just odd that you have other characters of color who wear the red, white and blue and they never shared a panel or had a story together. #justsaying
    Cap Falcon is still a recent thing. (Not even 18 issues of his solo series.)
    But I would not worried about seeing more "obscure" characters. US agent is planned for this month in the Sam Wilson book and Rick Flag and Free Spirit in the first of Steve Rogers'. Nick Spencer loves using these type of characters. Just wait a little, I have zero doubt Patriot is going to pop up somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane D View Post
    Thank you! That's what I was searching for.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Josiah rarely leaves his neighborhood. like he's basically a ghost. and we've seen at least one future where there's a connection between the Wilson family and Patriot.

There was a female Falcon! Cool!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane D View Post
    So nobody can sort this out in a manner where everybody is happy?

Since this does stunt the Young Avengers from moving beyond comics as well.

I mean you can't have same in that suit and ELi not come out of nowhere to let Falcon have it.

Quote Originally Posted by alton View Post
    There was a female Falcon! Cool!
    3 if you count the two sisters who honored Sam's legacy as Ladyhawk (in the A-Next reality). their father apparently killed Sam, in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    So nobody can sort this out in a manner where everybody is happy?
    they didn't with Charcoal. I'm just going to mourn the loss of these characters. I think that's what the Patriot "ghost" was about; in the last Young Avengers book.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Since this does stunt the Young Avengers from moving beyond comics as well.
    it hasn't. Kate Bishop has a new book on the way. Cassie has evolved from Stature to Stinger. Billy and Teddy joined the "grown up" Avengers. etc...

Incredible Member

So Kyle Barker has the rights tied up. It's either business related or creative control i.e he doesn't want his creations used inappropriately

Quote Originally Posted by C_haos View Post
    I think writers are either intimidated/scared or it's some editorial mandate. I mean these characters are pretty cool can't use them for just any story I feel like it would have to mean something. Isaiah was last seen in I believe the wedding issue of BP, Josiah hasn't been seen since The Crew and Eli kinda disappeared after CW. If there was ever a time to use them I think it would be now especially in a book like Nighthawk or Sam Cap.
    Eli disappeared after Children's Crusade. That's some time after Civil War! Apparently he quit the team when Jonas Vision and Cassie Lang were killed (Cassie, of course, was later revived by an Inverted Doctor Doom at the end of Axis).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    Looking at the Sam Wilson version of Captain America and thinking there was a missed opportunity to do a story on black heroes and patriotism. It seems like in recent years Marvel is trying to make the readers forget that THE TRUTH ever happened and not have Patriot or Josiah X appear anywhere. Hell, I don't even see Isaiah Bradley nor is he mentioned.

I'm not sure how long Sam is going to be Cap but it would be nice if they did a story with all these characters together. Also, I do know that Falcon and Battlestar teamed up years ago, but it would be nice to see something contemporary.
    Perhaps a team-up of those marvel characters in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier Disney+ series?

I think there was issues between the creator of Isaiah Bradley and Marvel.

Battlestar was probably an oversight.

Battlestar is in the Spencer run. In the wrestling/D-Man spotlight story. The CWII tie-in for War Machine's funeral was the closest to celebrating black heroes in general.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Marvel's Falcon And Winter Soldier Plot Details Revealed!

Fingers crossed for not only an appearance of Isaiah but also Josiah X/Justice..
    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    After a missile derails a train..

..Josiah runs to the train

..to get the people out.

From The Crew #7.

I swear that the only reason for Josiah X not being written right now is cause I don't think society can wrap its head around the concept of a black male hero that is strong, intelligent, assertive, and has all kinds of agency. It's hard to imagine the present day writers doing what Priest did for him on The Crew.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I'm not sure what's up with Patriot.
    At this point, I'm beginning to wonder if his family wasn't swept under the rug, so Marvel could push Sam as THE first black Captain America.

Although I remember a rumor concerning copyrights, but I can't remember the details or where I've read that. Somebody else heard about that? Or was that a dream?
    If we go by publishing date, Sam was the first black Cap.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

It sucks that the Bradleys weren't around when Sam was Cap. We know now that Marvel can use them again, but the opportunity to have them interact with Sam as Cap. has passed, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    If we go by publishing date, Sam was the first black Cap.
    Isaiah was revealed to have been Captain America in a book that came out in 2003. Sam became Captain America in 2014. How was he the first in publishing date?