Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    It sucks that the Bradleys weren't around when Sam was Cap. We know now that Marvel can use them again, but the opportunity to have them interact with Sam as Cap. has passed, unfortunately.

Isaiah was revealed to have been Captain America in a book that came out in 2003. Sam became Captain America in 2014. How was he the first in publishing date?
    Sam became Captain America back in Captain America Sentinel of Liberty #9 published in 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I swear that the only reason for Josiah X not being written right now is cause I don't think society can wrap its head around the concept of a black male hero that is strong, intelligent, assertive, and has all kinds of agency. It's hard to imagine the present day writers doing what Priest did for him on The Crew.
    I was going to offer up Luke Cage as a counter argument, but I don’t think he’s in a regular series right now either, so maybe you’re right?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Extraordinary Member

Characters only get used if a writer wants to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Characters only get used if a writer wants to use them.
    As a matter of fact you couldn't be any more wrong. There have been too many cases documented where a writer wanted to use a character and were told no for many reasons, some legit and some suspicious. This is not even on a conspiracy level writers have often leaked to to fans when they were denied a chance to write characters they wanted to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    It sucks that the Bradleys weren't around when Sam was Cap. We know now that Marvel can use them again, but the opportunity to have them interact with Sam as Cap. has passed, unfortunately.
    One of the Bradleys will apparantly interact with Sam in the MCU...
    Marvel Reportedly Adding a ‘Young Avenger’ to Falcon & Winter Soldier https://bleedingfool.com/movies-tv-f...inter-soldier/

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

If I'm getting this all correct, the Estate of Robert Moralas and Kyle Baker both have had lawsuits going on in regard to the Bradley family and Marvel. From what I read, and this was back a few years ago, there seems to have been a settlement with Moralas's estate about the use of the characters from The Truth, and they were not happy that Josiah X and Eli were created as spin off characters from Isaiah. Not sure why that was, but there may have also been a gag order put on as well in regard to the legal proceedings (Ie what the money was and other aspects). So Marvel may not have bee allowed to use either Josiah X or Eli due to the deal with the suit and that may have changed over the years for a new deal in regard to the movies and other IP factors. Apparently we're getting Eli in for two episodes of Falcon & Winter solider.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I thought USAgent and Battlestar were in Spencer's run.

Also Remender wanted to do fantasy stories like Kirby and Spencer wanted to do his Stevil Rogers story. Spencer used Rage and introduced a new Patriot in Secret Empire.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I thought USAgent and Battlestar were in Spencer's run.

Also Remender wanted to do fantasy stories like Kirby and Spencer wanted to do his Stevil Rogers story. Spencer used Rage and introduced a new Patriot in Secret Empire.
    I'm kind of chill on Rayshaun Patriot, he seems to lack any real presence to me. I thought we were going to get another The Crew for a quick moment with Falcap, Luke Cage, Rhodes, and BP. Ended up being a bad rumor. However just the thought of it was so exciting.

Yeah. I doubt we were getting another The Crew volume after Coates almost inflicted coma death with his attempt. Plus Rhodes was fridged to push Carol and Tony, BP was still with Coates and Marvel straight up had Luke and Jessica Jones permanently under Bendis.
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Member

Yeah. I doubt we were getting another The Crew volume after Coates almost inflicted coma death with his attempt. Plus Rhodes was fridged to push Carol and Tony, BP was still with Coates and Marvel straight up had Luke and Jessica Jones permanently under Bendis.
    Rhodes is back, just so's you know

Lol, I know fam! It was just sad and sickening to see on the shelf when I walked into comic shops knowing the garbage it contained from cover to cover. I hated that I even read the first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Rhodes is back, just so's you know
    He was a corpse during Spencer's Cap America runs which is what this thread is about.
    "Cable was right!"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    If I'm getting this all correct, the Estate of Robert Moralas and Kyle Baker both have had lawsuits going on in regard to the Bradley family and Marvel. From what I read, and this was back a few years ago, there seems to have been a settlement with Moralas's estate about the use of the characters from The Truth, and they were not happy that Josiah X and Eli were created as spin off characters from Isaiah. Not sure why that was, but there may have also been a gag order put on as well in regard to the legal proceedings (Ie what the money was and other aspects). So Marvel may not have bee allowed to use either Josiah X or Eli due to the deal with the suit and that may have changed over the years for a new deal in regard to the movies and other IP factors. Apparently we're getting Eli in for two episodes of Falcon & Winter solider.
    So that's what happened? No wonder . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I'm kind of chill on Rayshaun Patriot, he seems to lack any real presence to me. I thought we were going to get another The Crew for a quick moment with Falcap, Luke Cage, Rhodes, and BP. Ended up being a bad rumor. However just the thought of it was so exciting.
    It may not happen, but it would be great if we got a live action film with them, plus Fury & Blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    It may not happen, but it would be great if we got a live action film with them, plus Fury & Blade.
    I'm all in for this! The screen is where hope resides for anything like this to happen.