Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    I prefer to simplify firestorm : get rid of the fusion nonsense, retain only the fire powers.
    I feel the opposite. Imo there should be more emphasis on the transmutation and less emphasis on the 'fire' part of Firestorm since I feel there's plenty of fire characters already, which is partly why I suggested moving away from the Red/Yellow color scheme for a new Firestorm, including the color of the fire itself.
    Last edited by SmokeMonster; 08-08-2016 at 08:24 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Firestorm is probably better paired with the Jaime Blue Beetle or Blue Devil.
    I am actually thinking he doesn't need a partner, since he already has one in his head.

But I would keep Stein for the talking and either of the kids/teens for the moving... like Ronnie being this enthusiastic and lovable clod that often gets amazed by what he can do as Firestorm, and you have Stein the back of his head to bring him down to Earth with a boring/simple explanation or to point out the flaws.

"You see that Professor? I turned that truck into jelly!"
    "Good show Ronnie, now perhaps you'd like to stop it before it hits us?"

Wasn't this already a thread?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Honestly DC had a pretty good setup coming out of Brightest Day but chucked it all away for that Fury of Firestorm nonsense.

I would keep Ronnie and Jason and Stein. Have Ronnie and Jason alternate "driving" and have them have an odd coupley but best friend relationship, and both being the "yay this is cool" guys to Martin's "please focus". Keep Deathstorm around too as the example of their power without restraint (with his extreme 90's dialogue of course) and have him constantly hunting Martin to add him to his martix.

Incredible Member

Honestly I say that DC actually has the groundwork for Firestorm laid out in the Flash show, place him in a team of people coaching his individual components to work together and explore the depth of their abilities with the Firestorm Matrix. Could have Stein in a similar role to Harrison Wells/Eobard Thawn of season 1 while Jason and Ronnie make up the components to Firestorm.

One idea for Firestorm I have is making the Firestorm Matrix like the Avatar Cycle from Avatar. The current Firestorm can communicate with previous Firestorms. This way all of them are involved to an extent.

BANNED

Blue Beetle is going to be busy in the **cough! cough!** Charlton team title.**cough! cough!**

Quote Originally Posted by Icefalcon View Post
    Bendis would never work again
    We so need a "like" button for posts like this.

Incredible Member

Here's a opinion: Please have the crew move to a proper fictionopolis. I think being limmited to Pittsburgh really limits supporting cast option. Move Firestorm to a different place and flesh it out.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Firestorm Day One was Ronnie Raymond and Martin Stein. Two very different personalities in one body with an amazing power set controlled by the less experienced partner. Sounds like an amazingly set concept to me. That pairing is a good one which has continued through fiction to this day whether you look at Calvin and Hobbes or Walter White and Jesse Pinkman. It's a pairing that really doesn't need much tweaking.
    Exactly.
    I liked Jason's tenure but ultimately the concept is best with Ronnie/Stein.
    I do like the role Jason is playing in the Legends of Tomorrow issues, he's sorta Mission Control + Civilian Friend and helps with other things as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Firestorm is probably better paired with the Jaime Blue Beetle or Blue Devil.
    I like Jaime so it could really work - both are in their core normal people with immense power, but Ronnie has a old physicist in the back of his head, while Jason has a alien computer AI optimised to kill. Firestorm can go back to normal at will, while Jaime is bounded with the Scarab. And you can go on with the comparisons...

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    I prefer to simplify firestorm : get rid of the fusion nonsense, retain only the fire powers.
    Transmutation and fusion is the very core of the character. Took a while until he started to shoot fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Blue Beetle is going to be busy in the **cough! cough!** Charlton team title.**cough! cough!**
    Holy crap, they're bringing LAW back?! 90s nostalgia!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    Here's a opinion: Please have the crew move to a proper fictionopolis. I think being limmited to Pittsburgh really limits supporting cast option. Move Firestorm to a different place and flesh it out.

Exactly.
    I do like the role Jason is playing in the Legends of Tomorrow issues, he's sorta Mission Control + Civilian Friend and helps with other things as well.

I like Jaime so it could really work - both are in their core normal people with immense power, but Ronnie has a old physicist in the back of his head, while Jason has a alien computer AI optimised to kill. Firestorm can go back to normal at will, while Jaime is bounded with the Scarab. And you can go on with the comparisons...

Transmutation and fusion is the very core of the character. Took a while until he started to shoot fire.

It ain't gonna be LAW. And they haven't said they'll do it yet. But why wouldn't they? Here:

http://community.comicbookresources....ton-characters

I guess we do remember LAW.

BANNED

Anyway I think Beetle is busy, so Booster Gold might be the guy.

For Ronnie and Martin (or Jason), Firestorm is all about science so why not give him science-based adventures and Martin educating him about science. For example, if Firestorm was inside the microverse and Ronnie hasn't got a clue about it then Martin can inform him about the physics of the subatomic universe, Martin could be his Sheldon to Ronnie's Penny where Martin talks non-stop about it. Martin tells Ronnie about molecules around the world where he could change the structure of a rock to water but Ronnie prefers changing the form of a rock into a gold bar where he realises that he could get rich with his powers or something. So it's student vs. teacher for Ronnie and Martin or brains vs. strength for Ronnie and Jason.

Also, I would change his current look for either his Future End's or JL3000 design. My alternate idea was to have all 4 (including Tonya) to be Firestorm and all have each different spectrum of the Firestorm Matrix.

In my opinion, I think Firestorn should be rebirthed back to his roots with a twist. He needs to go back to his transmutation abilities. The reason this worked so well was that Ronnie controlled the Firestorm body but didn't understand much about chemistry. He had to perform the transmutations but with Professor Stein guiding him and instructing him with all of the science stuff in the midst of battles. Even though Ronnie liked the transmutation ability, he still never really learned enough of chemistry to battle on his own, except when it came to physical confrontation. This would work better than the nuclear fire capabilities because it creates a need for someone with an advanced scientific background thus creating the need for someone like Stein to be integral to the character.
    My twist would be that Stein, Ronny, and Jason Rusch are all three still a part of the matrix but when Firestorm forms, you don't know which two of the trio will combine to form the hero. Sometimes it's Stein and Ronny, sometimes Ronny and Jason and sometimes Stein and Jason. This would cause stress and angst for the character.
    I also think that Firestorm has a pretty good Rogues Gallery that should be used more with him. There's Multiplex, Killer Frost, Black Bison, Hyena and Typhoon to name a few. I actually like his Rogues Gallery better than Superman's. Flesh these villains out and use them more in conjunction with Firestorm. Bring in and create more quirky villains for him too.
    These are just my opinions which I think will make Firestorm a better and more fun character.

Ultimate Member

Exactly.

We got enough black guys sitting in the background and being background support at DC. We don't need another one.

How about this-Ronnie/Stein are Firestorm.

If the original Firehawk is not being used-hello Jason 's new name. You free him to be whoever he wants to be.

You can do one arc with Ronnie/Stein and one with Jason.

Or Ronnie/Jason main story, Jason as a back up (4-6 pages) and vice versa.

You now have two "Firestorm" that are free to be used in other books. Ronnie can hang with Justice League. Jason can try to hang with Titans.