Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default All-Star Batman, #1

"My Own Worst Enemy" part one! Superstar writer Scott Snyder explodes into an all-new Batman series alongside legendary artist John Romita Jr., reimagining some of the Dark Knight's greatest villains. First up: Two-Face! Batman must take Two-Face to a destination out of Gotham City, but the duplicitous villain has a two of spades up his sleeve. Every assassin, bounty hunter and ordinary citizen with something to hide is on their tails with one goal: kill Batman! Handcuffed together on the road to hell, this is Batman and Two-Face as you've never seen them before!

Full article here.

Batman's not a dick, check. He's giving some good smack talk, check. Romita's art is sick, check. Guys, I think we've got Rebirths first truly great hit on our hands.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Love that Snyder used an "info dump" as some of you LOVE to call it, as a "fun fact". To me he's basically telling all the "info dump" haters to suck it......and it's awesome. Romita Jr's art looks really strong here. I hope it continues.

The Dark Knight

Not been fussed by this 'rebirth' series but this story just sounds too good to pass up on tbh.

Since JRJR came to DC I've been singularly unimpressed. This, though, shows me why he's a superstar artist. This is, as ekrolo put it, sick.

Incredible Member

That works for me. Not sure what cover I'm going to go with...maybe Jock's.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaffrey View Post
    Since JRJR came to DC I've been singularly unimpressed. This, though, shows me why he's a superstar artist. This is, as ekrolo put it, sick.
    Yeah this is the first series he's done recently which has me excited by his art. I honestly didn't care for this series until I read that preview, now I can't wait!

This looks interesting.

Batman the Most wanted man in the State? WOW.

I have to say...I'm not really thrilled by the concept and the preview didn't do much for me, still though after New 52 Batman there is no way I'm not picking this up. Snyder's earned more then a bit of good will from me to try just about anything he writes.
    Last edited by Panfoot; 08-08-2016 at 08:02 AM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Looks decent but I'll still be getting it in trade later instead of following this one month to month. Frankly, I'm still burned out on Snyder's Batman and the $4.99 per issue price point doesn't really help either. There are books from other companies I'm much more interested in following monthly then this one at least right now.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Batman's voice seems a little off here. And I'm not a fan of Firefly and Moth's designs even though I like the art overall. Still think this is a better use of Snyder's talent than the main Batman series.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

The book looks interesting, but the $4.99 price tag makes me weary. I'll probably end up getting this first issue at least, but unless it is absolutly spectacular I may also be trade waiting this series overall.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

I wonder if this is New 52 Firefly (which means it's not Lynss?), and Killer Moth no longer looks like a creepy, goth, pest control guy .

BANNED

I think I'll give this a miss. I'm waiting for JR jr to remember he can draw again I really hate his modern style, and although this is better than he has been lately it's still not as good as he used to be back in his Iron Man days. I keep checking his books in the hope he reverts.

Plus , and I know I'm in a minority here, I thought Snyder's N52 Batman was poor (for me it shark jumped when Jim Gordon became BatMech) so this would have to be something exceptional for me to get it.