Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Loved it. Hope it stays the same for the next issues.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

I'll just leave this here to stop the merry go around of conclusion jumping. Just like I suspect and have been saying.....

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

He's answering A LOT of questions (on Twitter) that have to do with the overreacting that's been going on. Some of you guys owe it to yourself to go read them to put your minds at ease.
    Last edited by Maxpower00044; 08-16-2016 at 07:52 AM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Ah, excellent. Looks like Snyder has a tweet essay about it - I'll check it out.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Ah, excellent. Looks like Snyder has a tweet essay about it - I'll check it out.
    Yeah, he's answering just about everyones' concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Yeah, he's answering just about everyones' concerns.
    Okay, I've collected the conversation on Storify: https://storify.com/millernumber1/scott-snyder-on-robin

This is what I was hoping for in interviews, but apparently Snyder wasn't aware of how his stuff was being taken, so didn't think to address it until now. Very glad he did.

(Also, the Stephanie Brown fan in me was thrilled when he mentioned "he or she" with respect to the Robin identity
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I mean it's Scott Snyder. Nothing short of greatness was to be expected there. But JRJR was a wild card. Very hit-or-miss artist, for me. But he put in good work here.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Okay, I've collected the conversation on Storify: https://storify.com/millernumber1/scott-snyder-on-robin

This is what I was hoping for in interviews, but apparently Snyder wasn't aware of how his stuff was being taken, so didn't think to address it until now. Very glad he did.

(Also, the Stephanie Brown fan in me was thrilled when he mentioned "he or she" with respect to the Robin identity
    Thanks for collecting it. Good read.

If Linkara is reading this:

It looks like Crazy Steve is back.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

BANNED

Snyder seems pretty sincere. I'm still not interested in his plans for Duke, but I'm not angry about those "better than Robin" lines anymore. Also, Snyder is really sensitive. Maybe it's because I don't have kids but his feelings on kid characters seem a little excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Snyder seems pretty sincere. I'm still not interested in his plans for Duke, but I'm not angry about those "better than Robin" lines anymore. Also, Snyder is really sensitive. Maybe it's because I don't have kids but his feelings on kid characters seem a little excessive.
    Yes, that was my reaction - I was hoping for something like this explanation, but given how ambiguous the lines were, I really wanted more than just, "Well, I'm sure Snyder is okay with Robin." from other fans. Seeing his own response is very helpful.

Snyder is pretty sensitive - I don't have kids, but I do have younger siblings, so I definitely see where he's coming from.

Hey dad! Thanks for telling all my mates at school that I still sleep with my teddy bear. I've made a mental note to tell my future shrink about all the bullying I had to endure thanks to your reveal - made to defend yourself against a comic book fan base. Bastard.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I actually got what he meant right away. Trying a better approach.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by rev516 View Post

I wonder what can go wrong.
    Any body an idea who Batman is referring to?
    The only characters I can think of are Wingman (but I don't know if his training by Batman is still canon) and Bat-Hombre (but I doubt that he is still canon).

Seems like a very Jeph Loeb-ish stab at a new villain to me.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow