Super Moderator

Default "X-Men: Apocalypse" Concept Art Reveals Intimidating En Sabah Nur Design

Concept artist Jared Krichevsky has shared his heavily-armored take on the imposing X-Men villain.

Full article here.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Eh. It's definitely more accurate to the comics, the first on especially, but not sure it'd fit with the X-Men films' aesthetic. Then again, neither did the actual design they went with. I dunno, it's a bit TOO alien and sci-fi. The second one's space helmet in particular would seem REALLY out of place.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

I'm one of few who quite liked the final design that ended up in the movie. Even if the lips were missing, they did add the blue lines coming out of the corners of his mouth. My disappointment in his depiction wasn't so much that he wasn't big or 'buff' per se, but that he was unable to grow to a bigger size in the real world, and that this was reduced to a gimmick he could only use on the astral plain while fighting Professor X.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

I really don't get the helmet .

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    I'm one of few who quite liked the final design that ended up in the movie. Even if the lips were missing, they did add the blue lines coming out of the corners of his mouth. My disappointment in his depiction wasn't so much that he wasn't big or 'buff' per se, but that he was unable to grow to a bigger size in the real world, and that this was reduced to a gimmick he could only use on the astral plain while fighting Professor X.
    I AM AS FAR BEYOND MUTANTS AS THEY ARE BEYOND YOU.

*puffs asthma inhaler*

looks better than what we got, still wouldn't have helped the movie...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really don't get the helmet .
    The movie is set in the '80s. Fashion = incomprehensible.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Looks awesome - would DEFINITELY have preferred something like this! = )

Now, I can kind of see what yuir coming from who thinks it wouldn't have fit in - but that's mainly if the OTHER X-men weren't so terribly misdesigned - if they had just kept going with the same theme they did with Psylocke... doing more comic-like stuff all around... I think it would have worked.

Man, the 80's was da' shiz!!

Spectacular Member

Apoc is one of if not my favorite villain, so of course I care what he looks like.

But I'd rather the emphasis have gone into the script and making a better movie.

It had some nice parts and a few cool moments, though.

BANNED

Krichevsky's designs feature an Apocalypse that looks much bigger than the one Isaac played.
    Bigger is not always better.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Bigger is not always better.
    It is when the character is supposed to be big.
    G.O.A.T.: Greatest Of All Time now on Patreon. Please support or spread the word www.patreon.com/andrewhuerta

Looks pretty menacing, but I thought the movie did a pretty respectable job making Apocalypse look like Apocalypse. He was not the Ivan Ooze look-a-like we saw from SDCC last year. He was not the hulking, 7-foot-tall monstrosity he is in the comics. That sort of thing can't be duplicated in a movie without excessive CGI. So overall, I think what we got was pretty good compared to the Barakapools, Blobs, and Toads we've gotten in the past from Fox.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.