Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Let me just this as an opportunity to tell ya'll to start reading 'Thor', and 'The Mighty Thor', if you aren't already. It's great, and seems to have influenced the creation of this book.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    extreme mary sue. it is ridiculous
    You are really stuck on that phrase aren't you?

Its fine because she grew up with him. I have issues when a fully formed, adult Superman needs others to teach him to be the man he should already be by that time. In his actual formative years though this is no different than the wisdom and lessons he learns from his parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Kelley View Post
    Its a female character in the Superman mythos being credited for something whose name isn't Lois Lane. That's why she has a problem with it. Nothing more.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-08-2016 at 05:46 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its fine because she grew up with him. I have issues when a fully formed, adult Superman needs others to teach him to be the man he should already be by that time. In his actual formative years though this is no different than his learning via Martha and Jonathan.

Its a female character in the Superman mythos being credited for something whose name isn't Lois Lane. That's why she has a problem with it. Nothing more.
    I appreciate the clarification. I suspected as much.

BANNED

just commenting what the character is. hard to not repeat when it slaps my face everytime

BANNED

Its fine because she grew up with him. I have issues when a fully formed, adult Superman needs others to teach him to be the man he should already be by that time. In his actual formative years though this is no different than the wisdom and lessons he learns from his parents.
    let's credit lana instead of his parent. makes total sense

only that not;

Bad argument that doesn't refute the fact that lana is *marysue*

All-New Member

just commenting what the character is. hard to not repeat when it slaps my face everytime
    That again is your opinion, I'm sure there are just as many fans who really like what the writers have done with Lana's character. Thankfully the writers are doing great things with Lana and hopefully you will grow to like her relationship with Lois.

Except nowhere on the written page is credit for anything else explicitly taken away from the Kents. She's credited with helping him learn one thing. Suddenly that means the Kents taught him nothing? What a strawman.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

All-New Member

Except nowhere on the written page is credit for anything else explicitly taken away from the Kents. She's credited with helping him learn one thing. Suddenly that means the Kents taught him nothing? What a strawman.
    I absolutely agree. Here's the strange part of these comments, the books isn't even on sale yet and it is the first in a series. No one really knows the story yet just what we surmise from this brief sneak peek.

BANNED

and it need to be more explicit than this? lana literally made new 52 superman

That again is your opinion, I'm sure there are just as many fans who really like what the writers have done with Lana's character. Thankfully the writers are doing great things with Lana and hopefully you will grow to like her relationship with Lois.
    fans liking or not what they are doing with the character doesn't change of she became.

if only lana was less insuferable because on this preview is off the charts... But I would rather lana not being close to this book

also nice that they are taking away the journalism of Lois, but giving it to Lana
    Last edited by Tayswift; 08-08-2016 at 06:35 PM.

All-New Member

fans liking or not what they are doing with the character doesn't change of she became.

if only lana was less insuferable because on this preview is off the charts... But I would rather lana not being close to this book

also nice that they are taking away the journalism of Lois, but giving it to Lana
    The writers are writing for the readers so I'm pretty sure they have received positive feedback in the form of increased sales of their comics because of the way they are writing Lana's character.

Its only insufferable to you, I really like it. Unless you have had early access to the entire series why don't wait to see if you don't like it?
    Last edited by Ron Kelley; 08-08-2016 at 06:52 PM.

BANNED

The writers are writing for the readers so I'm pretty sure they have received positive feedback in the form of increased sales of their comics because of the way they are writing Lana's character.

Its only insufferable to you, I really like it. Unless you have had early access to the entire series why don't wait to see if you don't like it?
    Insuferable to me and Lois fans. we don't want this lana on the book

what increased sales with lana? so why she didnt got a solo?

More made up, exaggerated nonsense.

Too bad. Then don't buy the book. And you don't speak for every Lois fan.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-08-2016 at 07:08 PM.

All-New Member

what increased sales with lana? so why she didnt got a solo?
    Sounds like you're speaking for an awful lot of people. If there were not increased sales based on the popularity of Pak's Action series which he heavily featured Lana then they would not keep bringing her back in multiple books and story lines. This discussion is really getting tedious because you have your mind made up that you don't like this book so enjoy your misery while the rest of us enjoy the story for what it is. Have a great evening.

BANNED

I listened to a recent interview with Jimenez where he said the book has a lot of unexpected twists, and that he can see some people getting upset with the book because of something like "A Super character should never do something like that".

Very curious now.