Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Detective Comics #938 preview/discussion (spoilers!)

Okay, can't wait any longer since DC is sitting on the previews for whatever reason. But now we have a brief taste of what's in store:

938.jpg

So... yeah! The team's finally gonna kick some ass! WOO!

I'll add the full preview here when ever it gets released.

Edit: Preview!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/co...dc-comics-2016

Looks great.
    Last edited by Caivu; 08-09-2016 at 03:52 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Is Eddy Barrows back for this issue? It looks nice.

If #939 ends with "The Rumor" I wonder if this issue will hint at it somehow. I think I'll be very nervous reading through this one.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Okay, can't wait any longer since DC is sitting on the previews for whatever reason. But now we have a brief taste of what's in store:

938.jpg

They're going to rock the Colony!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Is Eddy Barrows back for this issue? It looks nice.

If #939 ends with "The Rumor" I wonder if this issue will hint at it somehow. I think I'll be very nervous reading through this one.
    If DC does it, I'm done with the book. Tim doesn't make the book by himself, but after finally getting Tim right, I'll be super angry if they do it. And I'll drop this book immediately as a form of protest.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    If DC does it, I'm done with the book. Tim doesn't make the book by himself, but after finally getting Tim right, I'll be super angry if they do it. And I'll drop this book immediately as a form of protest.
    That's not necessary, Tynion has stated that he has big plans for Tim in the future. He's his all time favorite character, no way he'd kill Tim off just to keep him dead. He'll be back faster than Damian, I'm positive.

That's not necessary, Tynion has stated that he has big plans for Tim in the future. He's his all time favorite character, no way he'd kill Tim off just to keep him dead. He'll be back faster than Damian, I'm positive.
    I don't think he will kill him off, and I don't believe the rumors. But if it does happen..........

The Batfamily Will Preval UnderTheRedHood's Avatar

938.jpg

Awesome, Batman Got Stomped Out the last time he Fought the colony. I'm curious to see how the team beats back this threat. And what will be the status quo afterward cause they already reverse engendered alot of batman's tech

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Not saying it's happening, but a death is big plans. And it's possible they already have his resurrection plan in store and this is all just one big storyline.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Not saying it's happening, but a death is big plans. And it's possible they already have his resurrection plan in store and this is all just one big storyline.
    That's exactly what it is. And after all the indications we've seen, I'd be more shocked if he doesn't die. Again, he'll be back 1 storyline later if he does.

BANNED

I don't think he will kill him off, and I don't believe the rumors. But if it does happen..........
    Tim isn't going to get killed. If anything, they'll kick Batman and the rest of the pack out of the title and make a Tim solo book out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Tim isn't going to get killed. If anything, they'll kick Batman and the rest of the pack out of the title and make a Tim solo book out of it.
    Not sure if serious.
    If so, and out of curiosity, have you at least seen the assembled list of circumstantial evidence that seems to point to him dying?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Not sure if serious.
    If so, and out of curiosity, have you at least seen the assembled list of circumstantial evidence that seems to point to him dying?
    Initial Bleeding Cool rumor, Tim's absence from the Monster Men preview art, the 'Tec #939 solicitation promising a shocking ending with both covers focusing on Tim and the alt cover looking ominous as hell, the suspicious fake-ness of the 'Tec #940 cover where the characters are mourning some random dead goon. If those things aren't foreshadowing the death of the character, then it's all a pretty big coincidence.

Initial Bleeding Cool rumor, Tim's absence from the Monster Men preview art, the 'Tec #939 solicitation promising a shocking ending with both covers focusing on Tim and the alt cover looking ominous as hell, the suspicious fake-ness of the 'Tec #940 cover where the characters are mourning some random dead goon. If those things aren't foreshadowing the death of the character, then it's all a pretty big coincidence.
    Eh, Tim will fake his death and then covertly join a sinister super-secret spy organization so he can break up that group's nefarious plans.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Eh, Tim will fake his death and then covertly join a sinister super-secret spy organization so he can break up that group's nefarious plans.
    Hmmmm, where have I read this story before?

If they wanted to kill Tim off I honestly felt Teen Titans would have been the place. That could have been what caused the team to split, thus leading to Damian opportunity to take over. Why give him the rebirth treatment only to send him off so soon?

Really hope he dies with his goody two shoe $?&.