View Poll Results: whats you favourite solo marvel movie ?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thor

1 6.25%
  • Captain America

13 81.25%
  • Ironman

2 12.50%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The third one definitely divides opinion.

I feel the movie had some of Marvel's better action sequences. The barrel of monkeys scene was breath taking and even the end with Tony getting torn out of his suits was pretty awesome.

The movie just didn't conform with what people expected at all and I loved that.
    Yeah, I thought Iron Man 3 had the most exciting and inventive action scenes. Loved Tony and Rhodey running around that mansion, loved the fighting with just the boot and the glove, and really liked the ending with switching from armor to armor (even if it was a few minutes too long)

I found the racetrack scene in Iron Man 2 kind of boring. The suitcase armor was cool looking but it didn't do anything that interesting and the action wasn't that exciting. He just kinda stood there and got choked.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The third one definitely divides opinion.

I feel the movie had some of Marvel's better action sequences. The barrel of monkeys scene was breath taking and even the end with Tony getting torn out of his suits was pretty awesome.

The movie just didn't conform with what people expected at all and I loved that.
    Iron Man 3 is where Tony's armours to me started to look and feel and have the durability of tin foil.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Iron Man 3 is where Tony's armours to me started to look and feel and have the durability of tin foil.
    Why, because he was fighting someone with the power to cut them in half? That only adds to what made the 1 Vs 100 style fight so cool. Oh, surprised, the Iron Man movie with the Mandarin found a way to work Hong Kong shootouts and 1 vs 100 martial art movie fights into an Iron Man movie in a way that totally makes sense with Iron Man and feels completely natural. That movies Mandarin chopping a suit of armor in half with his hand like a sword would a person in a martial arts movie is a good thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Why, because he was fighting someone with the power to cut them in half?
    Because they looked cheap and fragile, and one pixel thick. And because it carried over into future films.

I agree. They clearly wanted to highlight RDJ and not have him in the armor too much so they had the mansion MacGyver scene and why only parts of his armor arrived instead of all at once and why at the end they kept falling apart into a million pieces the second they got hit by anything. It could have been fun to see him jump in and out of different armors if we had gotten any time to even register what those armors were. (aside from it also being so dark) He was probably in the armor the least out of all the Iron Man and Avengers movies and Civil War. And that's only one of the big things I didn't like about IM3.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Winter Soldier is basically a Captain America and SHIELD movie. .....Civil War, which no matter how it started, what we got was an Avengers movie where Iron Man is a lead, and two halves of the Avengers are fighting.
    Regardless, those movies are called "Captain America" so they're Captain America movies. We can all debate how the new Star Trek isn't really Star Trek, or how Furiosa was the main character in "Mad Max: Fury Road", but it doesn't change that it's a "Mad Max" movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I agree. They clearly wanted to highlight RDJ and not have him in the armor too much so they had the mansion MacGyver scene and why only parts of his armor arrived instead of all at once and why at the end they kept falling apart into a million pieces the second they got hit by anything. It could have been fun to see him jump in and out of different armors if we had gotten any time to even register what those armors were. (aside from it also being so dark) He was probably in the armor the least out of all the Iron Man and Avengers movies and Civil War. And that's only one of the big things I didn't like about IM3.
    I really liked the part where he infiltrates the mansion and generally show he's still badass even without the armour though.

BANNED

Reb Brown Cap movies all the way, baby. The motorcycle helmet is genius.

I really liked the part where he infiltrates the mansion and generally show he's still badass even without the armour though.
    I get it, but for me personally, Tony is at his most badd-assed when he's using the armor as the ultimate expression of his genius combined with the physicality of the armor he created. Not just using the armor to blast people, and not just using his brain in a purely intellectual way. It's the combination that makes him exciting and him using anything other than the armor doesn't fully express that genius. (and also why Rhodes as War Machine could never measure up, imo - he was only half of what makes Iron Man great)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 08-12-2016 at 02:53 PM.

BANNED

Winter Soldier and Civil War don't even count as Solo movies. So Iron Man by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Reb Brown Cap movies all the way, baby. The motorcycle helmet is genius.
    Matt Salinger, too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    Matt Salinger, too.
    The Reb Brown movies were actually kind of goofily entertaining. But the Matt Salinger one, with the Italian Fascist Red Skull, was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    The Reb Brown movies were actually kind of goofily entertaining. But the Matt Salinger one, with the Italian Fascist Red Skull, was terrible.
    Directed by Albert Pyun, too.