View Poll Results: whats you favourite solo marvel movie ?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thor

1 6.25%
  • Captain America

13 81.25%
  • Ironman

2 12.50%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    As a trilogy cap, but a single movie the first ironman movie. Ironman for me is almost a perfect movie. But the Cap movies got better with each installment while Ironman never matched the first.
    I feel the same way. Cap has the best solo trilogy so far but Iron Man is the best solo film so far.

Cap movies got better with each installment while the Iron Man sequels never really lived up to the promise of the first movie for me.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I feel like I'm the only guy that likes the Thor movies. They aren't the best Marvel films but they have enjoyable moments.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I feel like I'm the only guy that likes the Thor movies. They aren't the best Marvel films but they have enjoyable moments.
    With Thor, I think the character and actor people show up to view is Loki/Hiddleston. Rather than Thor/Hemsworth himself.

Spectacular Member

thanks man i really appreciate it

BANNED

Easily the best.

Iron Man started the MCU off with a huge bang, but since then the concepts that seemed like they were tailor made for the big screen have really been pretty lackluster. Iron Man 2 & 3 were disappointing misses. Thor and The Incredible Hulk were decent enough but really had messy 3rd acts, and a lackluster, forced villain in the case of TIH. Thor 2 and Ant-Man were uneven results of production/director issues.

I mean, Cap has been the best by default to this point, it's fortunate for the genre that his movies have been so good. TFA was better than it had any right to be, given the need to connect the comic book trappings to WWII, and I thought for sure they would completely botch Red Skull and they didn't. Winter Soldier was incredible in about every way. Civil War managed to even top that though. And yes, I thought the Cap-Bucky thread managed to play well throughout and make it feel as if it was a Cap movie at its core that happened to guest star Iron Man and feature the Avengers in extended cameo, and didn't come off as "Avengers 2.5" at all.

The Incredible Hulk is my favorite.
    But I'd give The Winter Soldier second place.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

Iron Man for me.

But I would also argue that other than the first one, Captain America hasn't had any solo movies even if it was his name in the title. I can't see Winter Soldier and Civil War as solo movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    With Thor, I think the character and actor people show up to view is Loki/Hiddleston. Rather than Thor/Hemsworth himself.
    I think Hemsworth has been badly underrated in his contributions (particular in the first Avengers movie). Hiddleston did a nice job in the first Thor movie, but I haven't been particularly impressed with him since then. Although, in the case of Avengers, I think that's largely the result of him being given a badly underwritten part (although he still managed to chew the scenery with gusto, nonetheless).

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    But I would also argue that other than the first one, Captain America hasn't had any solo movies even if it was his name in the title. I can't see Winter Soldier and Civil War as solo movies.
    Even his first movie isn't exactly solo if you count The Howling Commandos.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Even his first movie isn't exactly solo if you count The Howling Commandos.
    Why would you? The Howling Commandos were supporting characters who got marginal screen time. And in Winter Soldier, both Natasha and Sam were secondary characters, while the plot was clearly being driven by Steve's priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I liked thor and thor 2 was watchable. Its no Ironman though or Winter soldier/ Civil war

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Easily the best solo films Marvel has produced. While the first one has a lot of spotty CGI (not the stuff with Skinny Steve, as that stuff looks great), but it is one of the better origin movies I've seen. It is really well put together, Chris Evans is spot on as Steve Rogers and Captain America and it has one of the best inspirational lines, this side of "With great power, comes great responsibility".

Obviously, Winter Soldier went in a very different direction than the First Avenger, but man was that a crazy movie to watch.

With Civil War, Cap has the trifecta. Strong, start to finish. No doubt about it.
    This.
    I've never been much of a CA fan in the comics - but I absolutely loved him in the movies. Chris Evans is perfectly cast, Seb Stan a wonderful Bucky and an even better WS, and CA2WS is the only film I actually liked Black Widow in.
    These films had heart and soul and a leading character you could really care about. Sadly, the Thor movies completely wasted Norse myth except for Loki, and IronMan never topped the first film although they were enjoyable.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I liked thor and thor 2 was watchable. Its no Ironman though or Winter soldier/ Civil war
    I really am not looking forward to Thor 3, despite the presence of Loki. The more I read about it the more it seems like a buddy flick aimed at teenage boys.

The director lost me when he said he wanted more humour.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    The formula that Ross injected Blonsky with was an attempt to recreate the Super Soldier Serum used on Captain America.
    I didn't mean it wasn't Hulk from the Comics, or not part of Marvel.

It's more like it felt like a different production from the other three. Like Spider-Man.
    Maybe it's also the change in actor. It doesn't like feel Norton is the same guy as Ruffalo.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The Winter Solider was/is. First Avenger wasnt very good at all, and Civil War was an Avengers film.