View Poll Results: whats you favourite solo marvel movie ?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thor

1 6.25%
  • Captain America

13 81.25%
  • Ironman

2 12.50%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I'm late to the race but for me, its honestly Thor......D;D;D

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I feel like I'm the only guy that likes the Thor movies. They aren't the best Marvel films but they have enjoyable moments.
    I like the first one, don't care for the second.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Extraordinary Member

Love Thor, but Caps movies have been stronger.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Spectacular Member

Winter Soldier is the single best movie of the MCU. There is only one thing that disappointed me in it but it doesn't lower my opinion of WS in any way. Iron Man and Captain America:The First Avenger are the best origin stories and as much as I enjoyed Civil War it was not a Cap movie, it was Avengers 2.5.

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

I enjoyed the Thor movies the most to be honest.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I feel like I'm the only guy that likes the Thor movies. They aren't the best Marvel films but they have enjoyable moments.
    I really enjoyed the first Thor movie. The 2nd one is a mess though with a paper thin villain and plot and to much bad comic relief thrown in when it was not needed. It was a huge drop off from the first movie, but hopefully Ragnarok turns things around again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I really enjoyed the first Thor movie. The 2nd one is a mess though with a paper thin villain and plot and to much bad comic relief thrown in when it was not needed. It was a huge drop off from the first movie, but hopefully Ragnarok turns things around again.
    The villain of the movie is Loki. He's the actual villain of that movie and you're with him the whole movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    I didn't mean it wasn't Hulk from the Comics, or not part of Marvel.
    I didn't think you did.

For me, as a trilogy, Captain America edges out Ironman.
    Ironman 1 is much better than The First Avenger.
    The Winter Soldier is leaps and bounds better than Ironman 2.
    Civil War (despite being Avengers 2.5) is much better than Ironman 3.

For a singular movie, I think Ironman edges out The Winter Soldier by a hair.

BANNED

Winter Soldier is hands down the best Marvel movie in my mind. Not even close.

For me, Cap is the better movie. Comparing the first film for Cap and Iron Man, Iron Man started out really strong, but ultimately the third act didn't live up to the amazing first two acts. For me, Cap just kept building. Even though Cap's only happy victory moment happened after he rescued Bucky and the Commandos, that first Cap movie was unique amongst Marvel movies - it wasn't about a guy becoming a hero, it was about a man who was a hero who only needed the chance to prove that he was. He didn't need to grow into it the way Tony or Scott or Thor or the Guardians did, and in *every* Cap movie, Cap doesn't walk away with a clear win. He almost always loses in some way - he represents the cost and sacrifice of doing the right thing and that's ultimately more heroic than Tony Stark at a press conference preening and declaring, "I AM Iron Man."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    For me, Cap is the better movie. Comparing the first film for Cap and Iron Man, Iron Man started out really strong, but ultimately the third act didn't live up to the amazing first two acts.
    Yeah, that was the issue for me with Iron Man. The final showdown between Stark and Stane just didn't have the punch (literally and figuratively) it needed. The resolution was a major letdown, esp. given how great the performances and chemistry between Downey and Bridges was up to that point.

BANNED

As a group I guess I say the Iron Man films are the best. The first and third are two of the best movies Marvel's done. The second was awful, but it's terrible flabby middle didn't seems as annoying when I rewatched it a few years ago.

Captain America is really only one good movie, that movie being the first one, and that first one loses momentum once the team really gets together, and falls apart during the big (unfinished looked) action scene in the hanger at the end. Winter Soldier was god awful. Civil War was just ok, it's kind of a mess in how unfocused it is, but it's unfocusedness also gives way to the one really good action scene in that action movie...so what can you do?

The Thor movies aren't really anything great, but they're more fun than the Captain America and Avengers movies. And none of them have yet to be as bad as the worst any of the others have to offer. Will be interesting to see how this new one turns out, because right now it's got the best director that's made a Marvel movie doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Winter Soldier was god awful.
    Now you've done it! Rik's coming for you! Everyone: Take cover!

Yup, IMO Cap is the best cbm trilogy with TDK as a close 2nd. Iron Man movies are a mixed bag, even the first one is a bit overrated (it gets really boring after Tony gets rescued). Neither Thor movie is terrible, but at the same time I wouldn't call either one a good movie either.