View Poll Results: whats you favourite solo marvel movie ?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thor

1 6.25%
  • Captain America

13 81.25%
  • Ironman

2 12.50%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The third act of Ironman 1 was weak compared to the start and middle, however in the end Stark confessing he was Ironman got me hooked as we've never really had a hero who's identity was public knowledge.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    Now you've done it! Rik's coming for you! Everyone: Take cover!
    He's going to minority me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    The third act of Ironman 1 was weak compared to the start and middle, however in the end Stark confessing he was Ironman got me hooked as we've never really had a hero who's identity was public knowledge.
    I'm not really sure why people are making such a big deal about the movies final action scene showdown being a letdown in Ironman with regard to just Marvel movies. I could see this if we're talking about the best movies of 2008, or best action movies of all time. But we aren't, we're talking Marvel movies, and Marvel movies routinely have this problem. What they don't routinely have is all the other stuff that works so well about it.

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but Iron Man 3 is maybe my #2-3 favorite Marvel movie. In terms of a series, Captain America beats Iron Man though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    There have been plenty of them in the comics. If you're just talking about movies . . . Fantastic Four. The movie X-Men don't have secret identities. It seemed to be known that Jean was a mutant when she testified in Congress in X-Men, and public knowledge that the Xavier school was a mutant stronghold in Last Stand, which came out 2 years before Iron Man. Also, Hancock came out about 2 months after Iron Man.

Mighty Member

I liked the first Cap movie. I'm not entirely sure why it gets so much disdain/hate on CBR. Evans, Jones, and Atwell were all perfectly cast and almost perfectly scripted. Weaving REALLY overplayed his character, though. it reminds me of Raimi's first Spiderman film. the first half of the movie is very nearly perfect and then it sort of goes off the rails in the third act.

I didn't really mind the 'weak' ending for Ironman. I watched that movie solely for the combination of cast and director. I figured it would be either awesome good fun or an awesomely bad train wreck (with good intentions). I watched the first Thor movie out of the same morbid mixture of curiousity an almost complete lack of expectations.

maybe, for some people, it's the fact that Cap doesn't have legitimate superpowers. like all those kids you might know growing up who said "ohmigod, <insert non-powered street-leveler here> is so lame! they don't have superpowers!" I heard that at least a dozen times growing up. perhaps for some people a character like Cap is insufficient to meet their power fantasy needs. hence why so many found the first Cap movie to be 'the worst Marvel movie ever'. even though, if you look at it in terms of characterization and story-telling it's actually one of their best films.

Extraordinary Member

The last 2 Cap movies don't really count as solo movies definitely not CW.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    I know it's an unpopular opinion, but Iron Man 3 is maybe my #2-3 favorite Marvel movie. In terms of a series, Captain America beats Iron Man though.
    Unpopular with comic fans, general audience liked Ironman 3, ironman 2 and thor 2 are the only true stinkers imo.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    The last 2 Cap movies don't really count as solo movies definitely not CW.
    Winter soldier is a cap movie through and through. Civil war he played costar with RDJ but TWS was a cap movie. He owned the movie everyone else was jst there.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Winter soldier is a cap movie through and through. Civil war he played costar with RDJ but TWS was a cap movie. He owned the movie everyone else was jst there.
    Ehhh I don't feel like Evans carried that movie tho. Not in the same way RDJ did those IM movies. Jackson,Scarlett,Mackie,TWS (I forget his name now lol) helped him a lot.

Ultimate Member

The Cap series is definitely the best.

Not many series carry on the quality from the second movie to the third (even though Civil War had its problems it's still one of the better superhero movies).

Iron man would have taken it if not for Iron man 2. I loved Iron man and Iron man 3 but the second one was too god damn boring).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The Cap series is definitely the best.

Not many series carry on the quality from the second movie to the third (even though Civil War had its problems it's still one of the better superhero movies).

Iron man would have taken it if not for Iron man 2. I loved Iron man and Iron man 3 but the second one was too god damn boring).
    Hmmph I thought the 3rd one was boring with him running around doing the Macgyver thing. The race track scene in IM2 beats anything in IM3 imo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Winter Soldier is basically a Captain America and SHIELD movie. Winter Soldier even cuts away from him, Black Widow, and Falcon so we can watch pointless scenes of VanCamp at SHIELD HQ. It's not Captain America that brings down Robert Redford, he's off trying to unplug something (plug something in? I don't remember) that ties into a person story for him while Black Widow is bring down Hydra (which ties into a personal decision for her). A SHIELD movie not being its own thing does mean it doesn't have the same kind of feeling as Civil War, which no matter how it started, what we got was an Avengers movie where Iron Man is a lead, and two halves of the Avengers are fighting.

BANNED

Hmmph I thought the 3rd one was boring with him running around doing the Macgyver thing. The race track scene in IM2 beats anything in IM3 imo.
    It doesn't beat Tony Stark just haven't a glove and a gun, which turns the action scene into a over-the-top Hong Kong style bullet ballet style shootout. Iron Man 3, more than any Marvel movie that's been made, does a better job of changing up the style of action scenes it's giving you.

Ultimate Member

The third one definitely divides opinion.

I feel the movie had some of Marvel's better action sequences. The barrel of monkeys scene was breath taking and even the end with Tony getting torn out of his suits was pretty awesome.

The movie just didn't conform with what people expected at all and I loved that.
    Last edited by Username taken; 08-11-2016 at 10:35 PM.