All-New Member

Default Is DC Rebirth a reason to go back to single issues?

Will you get DC Comics now in single issues because of Rebirth or will you wait for trades?

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I think if you aren't already getting single issues Rebirth is definitely a good place to jump on board.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

Why? I don't get how Rebirth changes anything. If you want to buy monthly (twice-monthly in this case) floppies, buy 'em.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon Based Stickler View Post
    Why? I don't get how Rebirth changes anything. If you want to buy monthly (twice-monthly in this case) floppies, buy 'em.
    Well Rebirth is the beginning of a new era for DC.

I've been away from the world of comics for years now. Rebirth got my interest going again and what better time to jump back in. I'm actually looking into trades now trying to catch up on the whole 'New 52' thing now since it seems they are continuing that history.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Well Rebirth is the beginning of a new era for DC.
    Eras don't seem to last as long as they use to.

i buy single issues, but of the books i've picked up so far (detective, batman, nightwing, action, superman, green arrow, hal jordan/gl corps, green lanterns, flash, justice league, suicide squad) literally every single one is an extended story built for the trade.

basically whatever works best for you.

Spectacular Member

I guess it depends, it's not like they're not going to continue with trades. The biggest benefit though is that it's easier to keep up with the story. Sometimes with once-monthly issues I have to go back and quickly re-read the last issue to catch up before reading the latest issue. The twice-monthly format moves at a pace where it's easier to remember the finer details about what's going on in a particular story arc. Granted, not all of the Rebirth titles are getting the twice-monthly treatment, but a majority of the "heavy hitter" characters are.

I'd see a twice a month book as being more of a reason to trade-wait. With a trade coming out every three months instead of every six, there's less of a wait.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'd see a twice a month book as being more of a reason to trade-wait. With a trade coming out every three months instead of every six, there's less of a wait.
    I don't know if tpb turn around is going to be any faster from DC just because the arcs are finished sooner.
    "Logic" has nothing to do with the DC publishing schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Eras don't seem to last as long as they use to.
    lol...aint that the truth

I will keep buying singles issues because it gives me a reason to go to the shop once a week
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

BANNED

Rebirth is cool and all but I don't know that there is anything about it that would make one change one's preferred format.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Rebirth is cool and all but I don't know that there is anything about it that would make one change one's preferred format.
    I always wait for trades for the series I follow but now I am interested in DC Rebirth. It so hard to choose between reading the latest stories and waiting for trades for lower prices.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by socratesmalig View Post
    I always wait for trades for the series I follow but now I am interested in DC Rebirth. It so hard to choose between reading the latest stories and waiting for trades for lower prices.
    Check out the pricing for single issues at Discount Comic Book Service (www.dcbservice.com). Depending on how many you buy, you may be able to get comparable discounts on a per-page basis but get the books sooner.