Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default EXCLUSIVE: Walker Explains "Occupy Avengers'" Real-World Ties, Reveals First Team Member

David Walker discusses sending Hawkeye on a cross-country journey, and the heroes who will join the Avenger of the people.

Full article here.

BANNED

Okay so I'd never have guessed the reveal in a million years. So if powered heroes are off the table who is likely to make up the other couple of slots Walker is talking about. What non-powered heroes are not appearing anywhere at the moment? Echo?

Hopefully one of the Sons of the Tiger makes the team, they should all be non powered but still very capable.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Not very excited about the reveal of the second member of the group, but the interview and the premise of the series got my interest. Waiting to learn more about the rest of the core team. I totally loved the idea that Walker is going to use existing characters instead of creating new characters.

Pass. Man the last time I went this long without buying a Marvel comic it was before the 90s crash.

I'm kind of excited about this now with the reveal of Red Wolf as one of the cast. His solo wasn't that great but I really enjoyed the 1872 mini series with Red Wolf, so hopefully this is pretty good. I'll give the first couple issues a try.

Finally. I'm glad someone else is considering the notion of "who is the Kingpin of Des Moines"?
    It makes sense, strategically-- You figure any Marvel U super-criminal would have to know at this point that robbing a bank in NYC or Los Angeles is probably going to have super-hero consequences by default, so why NOT move to small town America and knock over some banks and keep moving on?

Mighty Member

I will give this a look. I liked both "1872" and "Red Wolf". And, I know I have seen Williams' name before, on things that did not make me furious.

The idea of addressing crime that is outside of major cities comes up every few years. But, yes, it does make sense for criminals to avoid the heroes.
    Last edited by CentralPower; 08-09-2016 at 06:39 AM.

You know I'd pick this up just to see how Walker can help fix Barton after what Bendis did to him in CWII, not to mention Walker has proven he can be a fun writer with Powerman and Iron Fist.

As for the team, I'm interested to see who else is on the team. The idea of a line-up of Avengers who would never usually be an avenger and have no powers is a unique one to be sure, and I would never have guessed Red Wolf. I'll wait for reviews first though.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Didn't expect Red Wolf, of all people. It's a good thing that Marvel is not giving up on him.

Maybe 3-D Man should joint the team. He knows one thing or two about murdering a fellow hero.

"characters who don't necessarily have super powers, or maybe they have really limited super powers " Do I smell Bobbi here? PLEASE.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Didn't expect Red Wolf, of all people. It's a good thing that Marvel is not giving up on him.

Maybe 3-D Man should joint the team. He knows one thing or two about murdering a fellow hero.
    I hate 3-D Man. From his debut as Triathlon on. What he did to poor Crusader was awful.
    Cyclops was right

I'm hoping for Danielle Moonstar. Pretty please?

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I like this the non-superpowered everyday man. I'm hoping Shang Chi appears does he fit the criteria?

So I don't keep up with the event books anymore. How did Hawkeye kill Hulk?
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store