Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    It looks like they will bring back the originals first from limbo using the Thunderbolt.
    That's what it seems might be the likely scenario . . . but who knows if they'll pull some crap like "Degaton went back and changed time AGAIN, so if we go back and stop Degaton before he changes time, we'll restore EVERYTHING that he wound up erasing"?

We can only wait (and wait . . . and wait . . . ) to see if / how they'll do anything with that (or if they'll keep delaying it forever).

For the return of the original Justice Society, they are probably still ironing out some of the details. For example, in the Smallville Justice Society, Geoff Johns plugged in Star Spangled Kid (also Hawkgirl) as part of the golden age Justice Society. Not sure if Johnny Thunder, Starman and WW were members or not of the Smallville Justice Society.
    http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/...20110815183518
    James Robinson seems to have Star Spangled Kid, Hawkgirl and Hippolyta in the golden age Justice Society.
    http://www.comics.org/issue/875513/cover/4/
    It is also possible to include the immortal Wonder Woman in the golden age Justice Society since in the movies, Wonder Woman was in World War 1.
    There are also many options on how to depict the golden age Hawkman and Hawkgirl to make them appear different from the Thanagarians :
    http://www.comics.org/issue/2634/cover/4/
    http://www.comics.org/issue/2767/cover/4/
    http://www.comics.org/issue/5982/cover/4/
    http://www.comics.org/issue/6115/cover/4/
    http://www.comics.org/issue/6404/cover/4/
    http://www.comics.org/issue/6612/cover/4/
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 10-23-2016 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    It is also possible to include the immortal Wonder Woman in the golden age Justice Society since in the movies, Wonder Woman was in World War 1.
    What are thoughts on a movie WW being active for decades leading to a reintroduction of her as a JSA member in WWII days? Me personally, I'm OK with it, but I'm old-scholl JSA fan and would appreciate as much being close to the original timeline as possible.

Wolverine also has a long history in marvel continuity so maybe Wonder Woman will be sort of Dc's Wolverine. Over at marvel, it is possible Thor, Valkyrie, Hercules and Ares could've participated in golden age stories (I am not a marvel expert).
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 10-23-2016 at 01:48 PM.

Still waiting for when DC will finally announce this.

(But also worried about what DC may try to pass off as the "JSA" under the Rebirth heading.)

I suspect tha JSA (and Legion) wil be spin off from Doomsday Clock.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I suspect tha JSA (and Legion) wil be spin off from Doomsday Clock.
    Unfortunately, that may be correct.

Which would suck as far as I'm concerned since I don't want to wait that long and I don't even know yet if I'm going to bother buying that. A twelve-issue (?) series by Geoff Johns that doesn't even begin until the latter half of November? And do we know how much DC will be charging for this?

I couldn't find a JSA appreciation thread so I figure I'll post it here. Just now read my first JSA book. The first trade of the 1999 series written by James Robinson and David Goyer (soon to be written by Johns). Enjoyed it quite a bit. Found the first three volumes for 7 dollars a piece at half priced books. Three trades for 21 bucks! Always wanted to read this book and I couldn't pass it up.

BANNED

As much as i love the JSA. I'd prefer if their book took place in the 40's. I just REALLY don't buy the concept of senior citizen superheroes running around. Am i suppose to believe that Dodds or Sloane are in tiptop shape when they're pushing 80? A case can be made for Jay and Alan though. I can see the speed force and Alan's ring keeping them at their physical peak, same with Rex Tyler.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild View Post
    As much as i love the JSA. I'd prefer if their book took place in the 40's. I just REALLY don't buy the concept of senior citizen superheroes running around. Am i suppose to believe that Dodds or Sloane are in tiptop shape when they're pushing 80? A case can be made for Jay and Alan though. I can see the speed force and Alan's ring keeping them at their physical peak, same with Rex Tyler.
    You mean like if they did it today? As I just said, I've just read the first trade of the 1999 series and Dodds dies in the first issue. It says he's 86. I think every elderly person that exists in the JSA books are given a reason why they can still be around, like what you said about Jay and Alan.

By the way, is there a more beautiful, mysterious costume than that golden age Sandman costume? Wow. You could have that same exact costume be on a character today and it would hold up. It's sort of creepy, very mysterious and all around bad ass.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    By the way, is there a more beautiful, mysterious costume than that golden age Sandman costume? Wow. You could have that same exact costume be on a character today and it would hold up. It's sort of creepy, very mysterious and all around bad ass.
    I always welcome costume changes. But Sandman should always rock his golden age clothes no matter what. I love the simplicity.

Yet you believe a man can fly. I don't know why this is so hard for some people to accept. All of the JSA that lasted that long had in-continuity reasons for their vitality, some of them had multiple reasons.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ultradav View Post
    Yet you believe a man can fly. I don't know why this is so hard for some people to accept. All of the JSA that lasted that long had in-continuity reasons for their vitality, some of them had multiple reasons.
    And i dont know why it is hard for you to accept my preferences. Unlike most on here i like a little realism in my comics. When i was younger i didn't really question it. I really don't see a problem with superheroes retiring when they get old. Would you still be fighting crime at 77? Hell there can be two JSA books. A classic traditional one in the 40s and a modern day team.

And i dont know why it is hard for you to accept my preferences. Unlike most on here i like a little realism in my comics. When i was younger i didn't really question it. I really don't see a problem with superheroes retiring when they get old. Would you still be fighting crime at 77? Hell there can be two JSA books. A classic traditional one in the 40s and a modern day team.
    I'm not on anyone's side here since I don't know much of the JLA, but who is still fighting crime at 77? There can't possibly be 80 year old super heroes that aren't enhanced.