Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Bring back the Justice Society of America/JSA!!!!

We the fans of the Justice Society of America/JSA are long over due for their return. Rebirth is the perfect opportunity to give so many fans the team that they have loved for so long. There are so many ways to bring them back and make them work. I just hope DC listens. Geoff Johns is a huge fan of the team and must understand how important they are to the DC Universe.

Heres to bringing the JSA back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    We the fans of the Justice Society of America/JSA are long over due for their return. Rebirth is the perfect opportunity to give so many fans the team that they have loved for so long. There are so many ways to bring them back and make them work. I just hope DC listens. Geoff Johns is a huge fan of the team and must understand how important they are to the DC Universe.

The Golden Age JSA is coming back, in this way I suggested in Post 11 of this thread. Unfortunately, it seems they're going to screw it up by adding modern characters to the team, in an attempt to "improve" it.

http://community.comicbookresources....Golden-Age-JSA

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    The Golden Age JSA is coming back, in this way I suggested in Post 11 of this thread. Unfortunately, it seems they're going to screw it up by adding modern characters to the team, in an attempt to "improve" it.

http://community.comicbookresources....Golden-Age-JSA
    This is exactly what Geoff Johns did when JSA last had an ongoing. replaced more and more of the originals with Legacy characters, many of whom he made up specifically for the series, so it's not like they were all hanging around waiting to be used. I have a suspicion it's going to be more of Alan Jay and Ted and the rest of the originals will be shuffled off to one side to make way for younger characters.
    it's about time that DC realized JSA is more than a team name, it suggests a specific cast/roster as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefalcon View Post
    This is exactly what Geoff Johns did when JSA last had an ongoing. replaced more and more of the originals with Legacy characters, many of whom he made up specifically for the series, so it's not like they were all hanging around waiting to be used. I have a suspicion it's going to be more of Alan Jay and Ted and the rest of the originals will be shuffled off to one side to make way for younger characters.
    it's about time that DC realized JSA is more than a team name, it suggests a specific cast/roster as well.
    I loved Johns run on JSA. Most of the old characters were around plus a bunch on new ones (legacy characters) that were pretty good.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

BANNED

You know, I appreciated Geoff's run on JSA. But that's what he does. He takes over a classic property and then very slowly and gradually he changes it, for the entire time he writes it.

I just don't want to see that again with JSA. I want their place and time to be changed, but that's all. LEAVE THE REST OF IT ALONE!
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 08-09-2016 at 08:53 AM.

Geoff Johns always includes his favorite star girl (based on dead sister) in his Justice Society. Star girl is also in Legends of Tomorrow. Star Girl was also in the Smallville Justice Society. Sylvester Pemberton was actually not part of the golden age JSA altho sometimes they do a retcon to include Sylvester Pemberton in the golden age JSA.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 08-09-2016 at 08:50 AM.

BANNED

I loved Johns run on JSA. Most of the old characters were around plus a bunch on new ones (legacy characters) that were pretty good.
    We have very different memories of Johns JSA run then. I don't think I recall above half a dozen golden age members appearing with any regularity. Jay, Alan, Ted Grant, Carter. Actually i'm struggling past four, Sandy the Golden Boy/Sand I guess although he's barely the same character. Anyone else I'm missing who was in it a lot? Rex was sort of in it with Rick's time gimmick but he wasn't Hourman.

Wes was killed off in the early few issues but James Robinson was still writing it then.

Most of Infinity Inc showed up, PG, Jade and Obsidian, Hector Hall and Fury.

We have very different memories of Johns JSA run then. I don't think I recall above half a dozen golden age members appearing with any regularity. Jay, Alan, Ted Grant, Carter. Actually i'm struggling past four, Sandy the Golden Boy/Sand I guess although he's barely the same character. Anyone else I'm missing who was in it a lot?
    I said "most". I did not say all.

We have very different memories of Johns JSA run then. I don't think I recall above half a dozen golden age members appearing with any regularity. Jay, Alan, Ted Grant, Carter. Actually i'm struggling past four, Sandy the Golden Boy/Sand I guess although he's barely the same character. Anyone else I'm missing who was in it a lot? Rex was sort of in it with Rick's time gimmick but he wasn't Hourman.
    Ma Hunkle? (She was the Golden Age Red Tornado and actually had a cameo appearance at the JSA's first meeting.

BANNED

I've never thought that there should be a huge number of characters on a team. Here's how I suggested they be split up. Yes, Batman would be a modern character in the Mystery Command comic, but he's the only one I'd use on either team.

http://community.comicbookresources....the-Golden-Age
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 08-09-2016 at 12:20 PM.

Fantastic Member

Couldn't have said it better myself!

The neat thing about the JSA is their very long history and the fact that they had families, grew old, mentored other heroes and - in some cases - died. There's so much about their crazy patchwork history that I love and I worry that a lot of it might get thrown out the window with REBIRTH. Where does Jack Knight, Hector Hall, Al Rosthein, Todd Rice, etc. fit into the plans for the new JSA? Will they just be written out of continuity? So many questions left to be answered regarding the world's very first assemblage of mystery men. Whatever happens, I just hope that the writer of the series has a deep love and respect for all that has come before and uses that not as a hindrance or a crutch, but as a way of progressing the JSA's stories into the next decade or so.

I would love to see the JSA return and I do regard Johns' run on the title highly. It was the right mix of old and new and, most importantly, worked hard to get across that the JSA isn't a team. It's a family.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself!

The neat thing about the JSA is their very long history and the fact that they had families, grew old, mentored other heroes and - in some cases - died. There's so much about their crazy patchwork history that I love and I worry that a lot of it might get thrown out the window with REBIRTH. Where does Jack Knight, Hector Hall, Al Rosthein, Todd Rice, etc. fit into the plans for the new JSA? Will they just be written out of continuity? So many questions left to be answered regarding the world's very first assemblage of mystery men. Whatever happens, I just hope that the writer of the series has a deep love and respect for all that has come before and uses that not as a hindrance or a crutch, but as a way of progressing the JSA's stories into the next decade or so.
    As far as I know Hector is still dead/ retired to the dream time to join his wife and son. If he's been brought back I've missed it entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I would love to see the JSA return and I do regard Johns' run on the title highly. It was the right mix of old and new and, most importantly, worked hard to get across that the JSA isn't a team. It's a family.
    I honestly felt he overdid the legacy thing towards the end of the run I felt like I needed a scorecard. Characters like Red Beetle seemed to be introduced for the sake of introducing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I've loved the JSA since I first "met" them in the mid-70s in an old JLA 100-pager, and Johns' JSA is one of my all-time favorite series. I agree that it was a great mix of old and new.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    I've loved the JSA since I first "met" them in the mid-70s in an old JLA 100-pager, and Johns' JSA is one of my all-time favorite series. I agree that it was a great mix of old and new.
    The whole point here is that they're going to be fish out of water. Modern characters aren't fish out of water. It doesn't need them. They won't make it better, they'll water it down, and besides, we've already seen that. And finally, this is supposed to be about rebirths, not births.