Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wedge Antilles View Post
    Love the Cuckoos. In many ways they're like Emma Frost, but not quite.

The concept of having "triplets" on a team in a way, is very intriguing.
    I'm just curious, why do you think the Cuckoos are intriguing?

How do you think Mindee and Phobe got their hair done? Did they Magikbus into a town? I mean I guess Emma might have had some dye, but it'd be blonde...

They kind of remind me of the witches from the Gargoyles animated series now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    I'm just curious, why do you think the Cuckoos are intriguing?
    The Stepford Cuckoos are intriguing in their uniqueness. Funny as that may sound when speaking of three girls/women cloned from the same source. Not many other places will you find such a dynamic... the clone troopers of the Star Wars universe come to mind, but that is a ridiculous quantity. Anyway...

Just having three of essentially the same role is an interesting situation. In sports terms, a real life analogy could be made of the Sedin twins in the NHL's Vancouver Canucks, though there's only two of them. The Cuckoos provide redundancy/backup for each other (and Emma Frost), and are a force multiplier as well from what I've read/observed in the stories I've seen them in.

Just off the top of my head, why I find them interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    I vaguely remember that show... I think you may have good reason for that.

Left to right; Phoebe, Seline, and Luna.

HA! Good memory. Had forgotten all about this show and these three. The two groups do share a lot of traits.

The Stepford Cuckoos are intriguing in their uniqueness. Funny as that may sound when speaking of three girls/women cloned from the same source. Not many other places will you find such a dynamic... the clone troopers of the Star Wars universe come to mind, but that is a ridiculous quantity. Anyway...

Just having three of essentially the same role is an interesting situation. In sports terms, a real life analogy could be made of the Sedin twins in the NHL's Vancouver Canucks, though there's only two of them. The Cuckoos provide redundancy/backup for each other (and Emma Frost), and are a force multiplier as well from what I've read/observed in the stories I've seen them in.

Just off the top of my head, why I find them interesting.
    Very good explanation, I can only agree that is a great reasoning for liking the Cuckoos!

On another thought, I was wondering if this is the reason they seem to be more loyal to Cyclops than to Emma at times?

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Where is this one from?
    Uncanny X-Men #17, the start of a beautiful sismance. Surprised Celeste agreed to Eva's request and has been seen rather close around her as well. Sorta feels like that Celeste is trying to protect Eva.

Though Celeste wouldn't make much of a Knight in Shining Armor for Eva considering Eva is much stronger, physically, than her. Maybe a Mental Knight?

Gotta love the Cuckoos! <3 I was actually pretty bummed about Phoebe going red, but okay. Whatever floats your boat, Phoebes.

Very good explanation, I can only agree that is a great reasoning for liking the Cuckoos!

On another thought, I was wondering if this is the reason they seem to be more loyal to Cyclops than to Emma at times?

I don't get why the current JGS isn't more like this? I understand they have to go to regular class but when it comes to training to use your powers I think they should have teams like this! Every student having their mentor teacher was cool!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnaFrost01 View Post
    yes, Phoebe. I couldn't find any good image with all 3 of them with the new hair colors.

Does anybody know which issue she first appeared with her dyed hair? (The one that Celeste freaks out)

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Uncanny X-Men #17, the start of a beautiful sismance. Surprised Celeste agreed to Eva's request and has been seen rather close around her as well. Sorta feels like that Celeste is trying to protect Eva.

Though Celeste wouldn't make much of a Knight in Shining Armor for Eva considering Eva is much stronger, physically, than her. Maybe a Mental Knight?
    Thanks for the clarification Sardorim. Wonder what there is to hide, though.

I don't get why the current JGS isn't more like this? I understand they have to go to regular class but when it comes to training to use your powers I think they should have teams like this! Every student having their mentor teacher was cool!
    It would make things more interesting if certain students or younger mutants would be assigned to a mentor. Like with New X academy in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    I have to keep remembering that Irma is Mindee. I wonder why they can't stay consistent with her name.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

I need Phoebe and Jeen in one panel with both sporting their red hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who wore it best
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

It would make things more interesting if certain students or younger mutants would be assigned to a mentor. Like with New X academy in the past.

I have to keep remembering that Irma is Mindee. I wonder why they can't stay consistent with her name.
    I rather liked Irma being Mindee

Weren't their names chosen so that the initials spelled SPICE with Sophie, Phoebe, Irma, Celeste, and Esme, and then someone (Fraction?) forgot that was why Grant Morrison had given them those names and called Irma Mindee? I suppose the name change can be read now as another rebellion against being the three-in-one as opposed to them being individuals, as with the hair dyeing.

I always think there is a disconnect between the way Scott sees his relationship with the girls - seeing himself as their sort of stepfather because he was dating their sort of mother - and the way they see him as this hot guy Emma was banging whom they found rather attractive themselves.

Thank you for posting this thread. I have always like the Cuckoos and felt they are very unique among all the other young mutants.