Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

I'm glad they're back to looking the same, it adds to their whole spooky vibe and imagery. Giving them different hair colors and costumes never worked for me.

Nice to see the Cuckoo's back.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I'm glad they're back to looking the same, it adds to their whole spooky vibe and imagery. Giving them different hair colors and costumes never worked for me.
    This. It is such a lazy way to try and differentiate them by just giving them different appearances. Trying to turn them into the blonde one, the redhead and the black haired one. Was never a fan. Part of their charm was that they all looked the same and they had small differences that made them stand out, but they still acted as one which made them kind of eerie as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    This. It is such a lazy way to try and differentiate them by just giving them different appearances. Trying to turn them into the blonde one, the redhead and the black haired one. Was never a fan. Part of their charm was that they all looked the same and they had small differences that made them stand out, but they still acted as one which made them kind of eerie as well.
    They're meant to be identical.

I honestly think their physical change was because Bendis had the Cuckoos, Magik, Emma, and Dazzler.....6 different blondes! all on one team and changed them to differentiate the girls...which is dumb.

I've never liked Mindee/Irma's half shaved look. One, it doesn't fit someone who's meant to be an Emma Frost clone, and two, she looked too much like Iso, who wears the same look! That's right, she copied an Inhuman! Going red to match Jean isn't out of left field, considering Emma once wore the Phoenix costume when having sex with Scott. But Mindee's black shaved look... ugh.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I've never liked Mindee/Irma's half shaved look. One, it doesn't fit someone who's meant to be an Emma Frost clone, and two, she looked too much like Iso, who wears the same look! That's right, she copied an Inhuman! Going red to match Jean isn't out of left field, considering Emma once wore the Phoenix costume when having sex with Scott. But Mindee's black shaved look... ugh.
    Oh I agree...having two of them look like two other characters didn't make ANY sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    It wasnt a lazy way. They were still treated as a different within Uncanny where they got the different appearnces. With that said, I prefer them looking the same. Ironically I found it more confusing when they got the different looks bc Id confuse them with Jean Grey and Eva Bell many a time

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

How do you think they will cope with their "mom" being considered a rogue villainess? We didn't really get much reaction from them to the events of IvX did we
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I like them with little differences in their personalities. But when it comes to looks, it's better to have them looking alike. And as some pointed out, having them with different looks only made them look alike to other characters instead of Celeste and Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    How do you think they will cope with their "mom" being considered a rogue villainess? We didn't really get much reaction from them to the events of IvX did we
    Well, they had a moment in Jean grey on going.

Filming about to restart.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Well, they had a moment in Jean grey on going.

I may be in the minority but I'm gonna miss them having individuality. I felt them each getting their own distinct looks was a nice bit of development as it actually gave them a bit of character evolution, something that I enjoy seeing rather than characters being stuck in the same mold forever. Between Laura going back to X-23, Deadpool getting thrown back to being a pariah and the Cuckoos being forced back to being completely identical, it feels like no characters are allowed to keep any positive growth these days.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I may be in the minority but I'm gonna miss them having individuality. I felt them each getting their own distinct looks was a nice bit of development as it actually gave them a bit of character evolution, something that I enjoy seeing rather than characters being stuck in the same mold forever. Between Laura going back to X-23, Deadpool getting thrown back to being a pariah and the Cuckoos being forced back to being completely identical, it feels like no characters are allowed to keep any positive growth these days.
    Of course they're not. Hell, JDW outright said that he would have vetoed Taylor aging Laura up, to say nothing about keeping characters like the NXM in school in perpetuity. Who cares if the books become creatively sterile when you can keep mashing the Nostalgia Button?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Of course they're not. Hell, JDW outright said that he would have vetoed Taylor aging Laura up, to say nothing about keeping characters like the NXM in school in perpetuity. Who cares if the books become creatively sterile when you can keep mashing the Nostalgia Button?
    Pretty much. Problem with Marvel is that they don’t seem to know how to do nostalgia with a nuance so that it isn’t just backtracking. For example, Duggan’s use of Cable gave Cable a familiar look with the fact that he has a cybernetic arm without it being due to the TO virus. That way he kept the development that he had been cured but remained within his iconic look. But why put forth a little effort to honor character evolution when you can just take the lazy way out?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

What do you guys think about the possibility X-23 is going to be battling *against* them though? What's that about?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY