Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #2

"Sinestro's Law" part two! As Sinestro's grip around the universe grows tighter, Guy Gardner takes on the mission to bring the Green Lantern Corps back from the edge of oblivion to reclaim their role as protectors of the cosmos.

Full preview here.

I wonder if Guy is going to meet Hal on his recon?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if Guy is going to meet Hal on his recon?
    If so, I hope RV makes their reunion an interesting one.

Astonishing Member

i gotta say i'm really digging the art on this title.

Yup, the art is great.

Green lanterns, a bit iffy. I think they used 3 pencilers and 6 inkers last issue

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    If so, I hope RV makes their reunion an interesting one.
    It's probably going to be better then Hal and John reuniting if Venditti is still going off Lost Army's ending (I liked the little tease to the story here).

I guess we can also finally get some reaction to what happened to Hal from the other GL's now.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Great preview, can't wait to pick this up tomorrow. The Green Lantern books have been spectacular so far.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Great preview, can't wait to pick this up tomorrow. The Green Lantern books have been spectacular so far.
    Which, given the lack of GL movie news and having endured the quality of Venditti's previous work on the title, is a nice consolation .

The GL books have been really good. Not too sure why they put Hal Jordan's name on the front though as this series (thankfully) seems to be giving all the lanterns the spotlight. Only reason I could think of to put Hal's name on the front is to promote the GL corps movie closer to the time.

Always Rakzo

Thought this was solid. Good characterization all around and it was nice to see the GLC being reestablished.

Nice art too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's probably going to be better then Hal and John reuniting if Venditti is still going off Lost Army's ending (I liked the little tease to the story here).

I guess we can also finally get some reaction to what happened to Hal from the other GL's now.
    I honestly miss the dysfunctional relationship between Hal & Guy.

Did Guy know Hal was not a true renegade, but a willing scapegoat?

If not, things should be fun, at for a few panels.

I really want to see a misunderstanding brawl.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vericc View Post
    The GL books have been really good. Not too sure why they put Hal Jordan's name on the front though as this series (thankfully) seems to be giving all the lanterns the spotlight. Only reason I could think of to put Hal's name on the front is to promote the GL corps movie closer to the time.
    I took the new 'Hal Jordan & the Green Lantern Corps' title and premise to be a combination of the previous GL and GLC titles. Instead of 2 separate comics we're getting them folded into 1 bi-monthly. DC didn't want to call it 'Green Lantern & The Green Lantern Corps' so we get Hal Jordan singled out. I'm not a huge fan of the title myself but that's how I saw it. Two GL titles a month merged into one published twice a month.

Anyway, yeah this looks good again.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

So many splash pages, double page spreads, and huge panels! D:

Venditti is so far doing a pretty good job of capturing the voices of all the characters well, which is great Eespecially since Hal in these three issues (counting the Rebirth issue) has probably been the best he's been portrayed in Venditti's entire tenure on the title .

Here's hoping that improvement in portrayal and characterization also stretches to Carol when she finally shows up...

Soranik is realizing once again just how much of a manipulator her father is, and how he just can't let go of his desire for absolute control through fear. He's even willing to manipulate his own daughter's emotions and morality to his own ends .

Sinestro's reaction to Hal being back was perfect, though I was under the impression that he knew Hal was the one creating those reverberations in the Emotional Spectrum which was part of the impetus for him fusing with Parallax again. But I guess not.

I wonder if Soranik is going to jump ship now or stick with the yellows to make sure she can help Hal and the other GL's?

So it looks like the next issue is going to be Guy-centric, or at least divided between Hal/Guy/Sinestro and maybe Soranik.

Sandoval's art is still top-notch. I wonder how long before Ethan comes back though?
    Last edited by Frontier; 08-10-2016 at 12:16 PM.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Overall another solid issue, I am glad the corps are back in the main DCU, looking forward to hopefully seeing Guy going up against some Sinestro corps members in the future.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!