Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 158
  1. #136
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If its brought up, I'd imagine it would be in passing, same with Superman's death and Batman's breaking. Just offhand remarks reflecting on a time when the facility helped them out. Other than that I don't see it being remotely a meaningful plot point, though.
    That seems sensible! I'm still irritated that Rucka has never gotten to deal with that storyline.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

  2. #137
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    492

    Default

    WW 55 Frisson Variant.jpg

    Here's the Frisson variant for #55.
    Last edited by Frank; 09-05-2018 at 10:14 AM.

  3. #138
    Incredible Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    n 55 David Yardin
    For the people who think Wonder Woman should be invulnerable and bulletproof, this image points out why I disagree. If that were indeed the case the scenario presented on this cover would pose no threat to her. All the drama it holds would be nonexistent. That would be a shame because it's tension is palpable. The vertigo inducing perspective is amazing, so are the looks on the other Amazon's faces. I like it a lot.

  4. #139
    Mighty Member richalex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Chi
    Posts
    1,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    For the people who think Wonder Woman should be invulnerable and bulletproof, this image points out why I disagree. If that were indeed the case the scenario presented on this cover would pose no threat to her. All the drama it holds would be nonexistent. That would be a shame because it's tension is palpable. The vertigo inducing perspective is amazing, so are the looks on the other Amazon's faces. I like it a lot.
    It could be an enchanted blade though. So the drama would be there regardless.
    Richard Alexander

  5. #140
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    For the people who think Wonder Woman should be invulnerable and bulletproof, this image points out why I disagree. If that were indeed the case the scenario presented on this cover would pose no threat to her. All the drama it holds would be nonexistent. That would be a shame because it's tension is palpable. The vertigo inducing perspective is amazing, so are the looks on the other Amazon's faces. I like it a lot.
    You'd also have to suspend your believe that she could easily snap those ropes with her super strength and quickly disarm her opponent with a dagger with her super speed and reflexes as well to believe she's in danger. I mean if you want those gone as well then how is she a wonder anymore?

  6. #141
    Incredible Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    It could be an enchanted blade though. So the drama would be there regardless.
    Could be's don't count. If you see someone holding Superman at knife point you yawn and turn the page. With Wonder Woman you know she's in danger because she bleeds when cut. You also notice she looks drugged and incapacitated, so her speed and strength are effectively useless.

  7. #142
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    17,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    For the people who think Wonder Woman should be invulnerable and bulletproof, this image points out why I disagree. If that were indeed the case the scenario presented on this cover would pose no threat to her. All the drama it holds would be nonexistent. That would be a shame because it's tension is palpable. The vertigo inducing perspective is amazing, so are the looks on the other Amazon's faces. I like it a lot.
    We don't know the context for this. She could be depowered or is faking being captured.

    Also, it's a variant image not a depiction of what actually happens in the issue.

  8. #143
    Incredible Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    We don't know the context for this. She could be depowered or is faking being captured.

    Also, it's a variant image not a depiction of what actually happens in the issue.
    Covers very rarely depict what happens in the actual book, variants even less so. Despite that fact the image is compelling and tells it's own story.

  9. #144
    Astonishing Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,533

    Default

    To be honest if bullets have to harm it. It shouldn’t be life threatening. Just small injuries. The reason why she doesn’t let them bounce off is simply because of her training.
    Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

    https://www.change.org/p/comic-fans-...part-2-back-on

  10. #145
    Astonishing Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    3,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    For the people who think Wonder Woman should be invulnerable and bulletproof, this image points out why I disagree. If that were indeed the case the scenario presented on this cover would pose no threat to her. All the drama it holds would be nonexistent. That would be a shame because it's tension is palpable. The vertigo inducing perspective is amazing, so are the looks on the other Amazon's faces. I like it a lot.
    This is a beautiful and powerful cover, reminescent of some of the older issues where WW was in peril. I like it

    And even if WW can escape, she still might find herself in that situation prior to escaping.

  11. #146
    Ultimate Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    14,952

    Default

    Wonder Woman 56 Jenny Frison cover variant


    Wondr Woman 57 cover


  12. #147
    Mighty Member richalex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Chi
    Posts
    1,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Wonder Woman 56 Jenny Frison cover variant

    I LOVE THIS! I love this like the cover she did with the mirror breaking and you can see Diana's reflection in it.
    Richard Alexander

  13. #148
    Astonishing Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,533

    Default

    Despite having one comic, am I the only one who thinks Diana should have gotten a editor by now.

  14. #149
    Fantastic Member Fuzzy Mittens's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Despite having one comic, am I the only one who thinks Diana should have gotten a editor by now.
    Well she does have an editor. His name is Chris Conroy and hes been editoring the series more or less straight since new 52 started. Im not sure what he even does.
    If you mean a line editor, then yeah, that would be nice. Especially if we could get a couple more Wonder Woman comics.

  15. #150
    Mighty Member richalex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Chi
    Posts
    1,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Despite having one comic, am I the only one who thinks Diana should have gotten a editor by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Well she does have an editor. His name is Chris Conroy and hes been editoring the series more or less straight since new 52 started. Im not sure what he even does.
    If you mean a line editor, then yeah, that would be nice. Especially if we could get a couple more Wonder Woman comics.
    She needs her own Editor. Not connected to the Superman/Batman Titles. imo. She was best when Karen Berger was over the book. (And the Vertigo titles. And it's funny that she's now staring in a Vertigo-Lite book with Justice League Dark.)
    Last edited by richalex; 09-17-2018 at 11:11 AM.
    Richard Alexander

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •