Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default If DC rebirth Justice League International?

Justice League International had some good stories and characters such as Booster Gold, Blue Bettle, Guy Gardener etc. Should DC rebirth another Justice League team for international missions?

If so, Who would be your members for JLI?

And how would you pitch your idea for the title?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'd go with:

Blue Beetle(Jamie & Ted)
    Booster Gold
    Dr. Light(Kimiyo)
    Guy Gardner
    Fire
    Ice
    Martian Manhunter
    Vixen
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I'd go with:

Blue Beetle(Jamie & Ted)
    Booster Gold
    Dr. Light(Kimiyo)
    Guy Gardner
    Fire
    Ice
    Martian Manhunter
    Vixen
    I like this line-up.

I was going for this one, myself:

Blue Beetle (Ted)
    Booster Gold
    Fire
    Ice
    Guy Gardner
    Vixen
    Robotman

But with Doom Patrol being a thing right now, I'd swap him for Martian Manhunter.

With semi-regular appearances by:
    Mister Miracle & Big Barda
    Tasmanian Devil
    Crimson Fox
    Dr. Light (Kimiyo)
    Power Girl
    Bluejay
    Silver Sorceress (in a silver based costume this time, instead of brown)
    Red Star
    Geo-Force
    Katana
    Agent Liberty
    Blue Devil
    B'Wana Beast

As for tone, I'd dial it back to early JLI (the first three years) which was more balanced between serious adventure and funny moments.
    Similar to Excalibur and early Peter David X-Factor, both of which were in the same style.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 08-09-2016 at 07:21 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Woops. Double post.

I want Blue Devil on the team. Interested to see what he's up to nowadays.

Astonishing Member

I'd call the team the Global Guardians instead of the JLI.

Justice League International (or Global Guardians)
    Owl Woman (America)
    August General in Irons (China)
    Godiva (England)
    Red Star (Russia)
    Fleur de Lis (France)
    Centrix (Canada) - revised character
    Ice (Norway)
    Rising Sun (Japan)
    Impala (Africa)
    Tasmanian Devil (Australia)
    Pampero (Argentina) - revised character
    *New magical character (India)

A rogue ape from Gorilla City gains followers and they set out to find a new home base. Countries are terrorized and the U.N. sanctions a new JLI to stop them.
    Also, I'd have Vandal Savage and Kobra become main villains for the group.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I'd call the team the Global Guardians instead of the JLI.
    Me too. I'd rather have the Justice League remain a single organization not answerable to anyone, and have a GG working under the UN, in an ocassionaly antagonstic position.

They'd be:

Global Guardians – Headquartered in France, Liaison, Catherine Cobert.

Lionheart – England. Sir Richard Plante. Nominal leader. Not very well accepted, nor good at His job. Rich, entitled. Bought his powers (the armor) and his place on the team. Eventually turns against them.
    Booster Gold – Canada. Michael Carter. 2nd in command. The one the others listen to.
    Fire – Brazil. Beatriz DaCosta. Fiery powers to match a fiery temper.
    Ice – Norway. Tora Olafsdotter. Serene as the polar vastnesses of the caps.
    August General in Iron – China. Great strategist. Strength, invulnerability, power lance and, above all, wisdom.
    Vixen – South Africa. Mari Jiwe McCabe. Healed by her animal avatars.
    Dr. Prism – Japan. Kimiyo Hoshi. Astrophysicist. Full control of the Light spectrum. A genius, but a bitch.
    Red Star – Russia. Leonid Kovar. Superman level strength and durability. Loyal and courageous. Engineer and Biochemist.
    Tasmanian Devil – Australia. Hugh Dawkins. Great speed, strength and bestiality. Can increase his size. Fun loving and gay.
    Captain Atom – U.S.A. Nathaniel Adam. Field tactician. Team’s powerhouse. Alongside Booster, shares the defacto command of the team. An accidental merger with a temporal duplicate from another time-line (the pre-Flashpoint Captain Atom, that was actually lost in the timestream after the events of Justice League Generation Lost, and may have escaped the effects of Flashpoint) stabilizes Adam’s energy form and powers but also changes quite a bit his personality, back to the military man/action hero.

Peace

Amazing Member

I know its impossible but i would love the Dibneys and Maxwell Lord back i guess Max is evil nowdays.....even if it does not make much sense : /

Quote Originally Posted by Jonte View Post
    I know its impossible but i would love the Dibneys and Maxwell Lord back i guess Max is evil nowdays.....even if it does not make much sense : /
    In a reality somewhere there's Maxwell Lord, Oberon, Sue Dibney, Catherine Cobert, Dale Gunn and Snapper Carr all hanging out as supporting characters at a yearly JLI (or Global Guardians) barbecue.

Astonishing Member

a jli rebirth? count me in.

how about we have

captain atom
    booster gold
    blue beetle (ted kord)
    fire
    ice
    dr. light (kimiyo)
    rocket red
    and that girl from india with the magic bow, "maya" i think

I'd get the OG crew back minus Batman.

J'onn
    Guy
    Blue Beetle
    Booster Gold
    Fire
    Ice
    Rocket Red
    Captain Atom
    Mister Miracle (With Barda)
    Doctor Light

And some new ones to pick up the other sites.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Me too. I'd rather have the Justice League remain a single organization not answerable to anyone, and have a GG working under the UN, in an ocassionaly antagonstic position.

They'd be:

Global Guardians – Headquartered in France, Liaison, Catherine Cobert.

Lionheart – England. Sir Richard Plante. Nominal leader. Not very well accepted, nor good at His job. Rich, entitled. Bought his powers (the armor) and his place on the team. Eventually turns against them.
    Booster Gold – Canada. Michael Carter. 2nd in command. The one the others listen to.
    Fire – Brazil. Beatriz DaCosta. Fiery powers to match a fiery temper.
    Ice – Norway. Tora Olafsdotter. Serene as the polar vastnesses of the caps.
    August General in Iron – China. Great strategist. Strength, invulnerability, power lance and, above all, wisdom.
    Vixen – South Africa. Mari Jiwe McCabe. Healed by her animal avatars.
    Dr. Prism – Japan. Kimiyo Hoshi. Astrophysicist. Full control of the Light spectrum. A genius, but a bitch.
    Red Star – Russia. Leonid Kovar. Superman level strength and durability. Loyal and courageous. Engineer and Biochemist.
    Tasmanian Devil – Australia. Hugh Dawkins. Great speed, strength and bestiality. Can increase his size. Fun loving and gay.
    Captain Atom – U.S.A. Nathaniel Adam. Field tactician. Team’s powerhouse. Alongside Booster, shares the defacto command of the team. An accidental merger with a temporal duplicate from another time-line (the pre-Flashpoint Captain Atom, that was actually lost in the timestream after the events of Justice League Generation Lost, and may have escaped the effects of Flashpoint) stabilizes Adam’s energy form and powers but also changes quite a bit his personality, back to the military man/action hero.

Peace
    I really like this team! I'd totally read that book. And I agreed about making them the new Global Guardians instead of JLI.
    DC should focus on building the popularity of their other teams instead of making every one of them JLsomething.

Ultimate Member

My two 'must haves;'
    Booster Gold
    Vixen

Other 'international heroes' I'd love to see;
    Fire/Green Fury
    Ice/Icemaiden
    Tuatara (can see into the past and immediate future, ultimate detective and practically a Jedi in hand to hand, sadly underused)
    Thunderlord (Chinese hero with sonic abilities)
    Golden Pharoah (if Harley can start out in animation and jump to comics, then surely we can have a team member who started out as an action figure!)

To properly answer the thread's question...
    I wouldn't do a JLI Rebirth per se. As much as I love the original run, I have some problems with the concept, mainly:

1) It never was that international to begin with. Mostly just American heroes as usual.
    2) If there was a Rebirth, I'd imagine they'd want to keep the comedic tone. As much as I want a comedy oriented team book, I don't really think a book dealing with international issues is the best place for that right now.

So I think I'd take the things that interest me and actually have two "JLI: Rebirth"s. In spirit if not name.
    One book would take the international vibe and the other would get the comedy.

So I'd have these 2:

GLOBAL GUARDIANS:

International team sponsored by the UN to handle with threats across the globe.
    The book would deal with a lot of "real world" issues like terrorism, war, social injustice etc.
    Cast:
    Vixen: leader and spokesperson. Deserves to be the in the League, but leading a new team is the next best thing.
    August General in Iron: right hand and strategist.
    Fire: former spy with deep Checkmate connections.
    Ice: the most idealistic of the bunch.
    Kymio Hoshi as Lady Light or Dr. Prism as suggested by Nomads. The team's scientist.
    Rocket Red: the new pilot would be a Russian gay man. Lots of story potential.
    Captain Atom: Would thing he was in charge and would be having an affair with Nightshade, who'd be spying on the team.

SUPER POWERS

Now this would be the fun book while GG would be a lot more serious.
    Take all the comedy from JLI and bring to a fresh new team.
    Booster Gold and Ted Kord are back together, leading a team that responds to emergency calls from regular citizens.
    Amidst many prank calls, they'd also have to deal with some surprinsingly big threats.
    Other members would be Plastic Man as the reformed villain trying to do good and make a living, Element Woman, the ever positive superheroine and Shazam, the kid with god powers that'd think nobody noticed he wasn't an adult.
    There'd be tons of cameos (Harley to boost sales!!) and possible new members like Mr. Terrific and Barda.