These boards getting rebooted without any warning was a bit of a surprise. And then seeing the flood of all these appreciation threads for every single x-character instead of threads about the actual comics themselves felt weird at first. But then I thought that if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! So I decided to make my own appreciation thread for one of my favorites: Mimic, one of the most underutilized x-characters of them all.

Mimic made his first appearance in X-Men #19 and was Xavier's first new recruit to the X-Men since O5 in X-Men #27. After that he has been mostly forgotten about by most writers but has appeared every now and then either as an antagonist and a member of Brotherhood of Mutants and Dark X-Men or as an ally to X-Men, even rejoining the team before leaving once again.

An alternate reality version of the character was a leader of the X-Men who was recruited to the reality hopping Exiles where he had a relationship with Blink from Age of Apocalypse and even acted as the leader of Exiles in her absence.

So if you're a fan of either of these two or a fan of some other version, then this is the thread for you!