Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

I hate this. Killed for pathetic shock value. Used and misused for his abilities. I only hope that when he does come back (resurrection is the X-Men's stock in trade) that he's more aligned with his exiles counterpart so that he doesn't have to use be the O5 mimic but rather an amalgamation of other abilities that would suit him better. Mimic has always been criminally neglected and I hope that a writer will come around and bring him back to relevance again.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Judd Winnick’s use of the Mimic was my all time favorite. I hope Marvel writes this Exiles Mimic back into the 616 universe.

I would rather there be a comic based in Exiles Mimics universe staring him. If Exiles Mimic were to be implanted into the 616 I would want to keep him away from the X-Men. Like have him join the Avengers or Defenders. Having him on the X-Men will just ensure that he gets misused for a few issues then thrown back into limbo.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Marvel needs to instate a no kill rule.

I also find this very annoying, just like when they killed Alchemy who could have been a cool X-Man.

Didn't Michael Pointer rely on Mimic to keep his powers in check?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I would rather there be a comic based in Exiles Mimics universe staring him. If Exiles Mimic were to be implanted into the 616 I would want to keep him away from the X-Men. Like have him join the Avengers or Defenders. Having him on the X-Men will just ensure that he gets misused for a few issues then thrown back into limbo.
    Agreed. Exiles Mimic was a great character, but bringing him into the 616 would, IMO, ruin what made him special. I'd rather see him returned to his home universe, or hopping the multiverse as an Exile. If he were to be folded into 616, 'though, definitely an Avenger or Thunderbolt or something.

As for 616 Mimic, I always wondered what he'd be like if he had glommed onto five other mutants, such as the original Brotherhood, or New Mutants, or Mutant Force, or 5 members of the All-New, All-Different X-Men, or Mystique's Brotherhood. A 'Mimic' with the powers of 'Berto, Dani, Rahne, Shan and Sam, for instance, would be a very different sort of fighter.

His short-lived team up with Rogue was particularly interesting, and I would have liked to see the two explore the nature and limits of their abilities (in a non-romantic relationship!). Their personality dynamic seemed interesting, since she's had so much development over the years, and he, despite having been around so much longer, still comes off as 'the newbie.' For that matter, 616 Mimic would make an interesting older sidekick/mentor type for Hope Summers, as there are similarities in their powers as well (and Cable isn't around to be her grizzled mentor, these days).

Astonishing Member

are we sure this isn't irrelevant?

it seems to me like Mimic was killed in the future, present Mimic should still be alive

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post

it seems to me like Mimic was killed in the future, present Mimic should still be alive
    If they killed his younger self Mimic should be dead or an alternate timeline should have been created. So in truth 616 Marvel is currently a divergent timeline or the timeline the O5 went back to is one. Latter more then likely being the case.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    If they killed his younger self Mimic should be dead or an alternate timeline should have been created. So in truth 616 Marvel is currently a divergent timeline or the timeline the O5 went back to is one. Latter more then likely being the case.
    for me this happened in a future that was prevented, so it's irrelevant. Mimic still exists. His death happened years in the future, and that future may have been prevented by sending the o5 back to the past.

for me this happened in a future that was prevented, so it's irrelevant. Mimic still exists. His death happened years in the future, and that future may have been prevented by sending the o5 back to the past.
    But they took a teen Mimic from the Past. Therefore if a younger version of himself died then present/adult Mimic should cease to exist because he never reached adulthood. Which is why I said that if present/adult Mimic is even still alive then the young O5 had to be sent to a divergent timeline. Otherwise it doesn't make any sense. (However, Im fully aware that many of Marvel's current writers/editors are a sleep at the wheel so even they probably don't realize the blunder they potentially made there)
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 12-26-2018 at 05:04 AM.

Sorry, but no, that was in the present day.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extermination: Every Major Change Made to the X-Men

https://www.cbr.com/extermination-x-men-breakdown/3/