Super Moderator

Default "Batman: The Killing Joke" Cast Bring 'Really Dark' Adaptation to Life

"Batman: The Killing Joke" voice actors Kevin Conroy, Tara Strong and Ray Wise talk to CBR about the "really dark" animated adaptation.

Full article here.

Good article, thanks.

The movie was crap. Time to move on.

Amazing Member

agreed, it was a bad movie and then didnt have the ending right

First, The Joker did NOT rape Barbara. Second, this movie sucked for 30 minutes then got good once they got to the actual Killing Joke story.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by knawimean? View Post
    First, The Joker did NOT rape Barbara. Second, this movie sucked for 30 minutes then got good once they got to the actual Killing Joke story.
    In the movie, they kind of went out of their way to imply he did. However, even if he didn't, what he -did- do is still sexual assault. It always was. Hell, he even sexually assaulted the commissioner.

Fantastic Member

I just watched Batman: The Killing Joke on DVD, and was pleasantly surprised. The movie had similar animation to what we saw in the '90's Batman: The Animated Series, which was one of my favorite superhero cartoons - and, it used some of the same voices from that show.

I was surprised by how close it mirrored the graphic novel - down to trying to recreate some of the panels. Very cool. The story itself was extremely disturbing & even stomach-turning at times - but, again, it was following the source material.

That all being said, it didn't come close to being as good as the original Alan Moore/Brian Bolland graphic novel - which was a masterpiece.