Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Batfamily Will Preval UnderTheRedHood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Fire Commissioner Gordon
    How would that help?
    Jason Todd, Cassandra Cain, Helena Wayne, Bruce, Harper, Kate, Dick, Barbra, Thomas, Brenna, Tim, Damian, Duke , Stephanie, Luke, Terry,

#BATSQUAD

Fantastic Member

I'd build a wall.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheRedHood View Post
    What laws would you pass?

How would you deal with Criminals?

How would you insure that the people of Gotham Are safe?

Would you tolerate Vigilantes? and if you don't if not how would you deal with batman?
    Well, I'm assuming this is being in charge of some kind of large organization, or being incredibly rich and having pull with tons of administrators, the people who really control what happens. I believe I would focus on passing a much, much stricter penal code for serial offenders, and work at really getting the anti-corruption squad in the police funded and trained. I would also spend a lot of time making sure really solid, intelligent lawyers in the city were funded and kept accountable.

But honestly, I can't actually argue against No Man's Land or nuking the place.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Stop putting the criminals in Arkham. When Batman takes one down, they go to a high tech prison that has cells designed to neutralize each of their own unique powers, etc.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Invincible Member

How would that help?
    I like Gordon as character, but his pet vigilante doesn't reduce the crime rate. Realistically the first thing James should have done was get rid of all the corrupt cops. Then he should have gone to the public and let it be known that he wasn't going to stand for any hijinx and that anyone that had a problem with the cops should step forward. Work with the community to establish outside review boards. Then do outreach like they did in the 70's and 80's have cops go to schools etc and talk to kids "Officer Friendly" and "McGruff the Crime Dog".

Next, someone needs to shut down Arkham. It's terrible and half the villains don't meet the legal definition of insanity away.

Hire cops that are from the neighborhoods they patrol. And even if they aren't from those neighborhoods, do programs that let the citizens know who their beat cops are.

Then do a massive PR program like New York did in the late 70's. "I Love New York"..."I Love Gotham!"

The mayor should do whatever he could to convince big business to come to Gotham. Change the image of the city from a cesspool to a global city. Let the big wigs know that there's opportunities here and let the city folks know that hey can benefit as well.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    I'd build a wall.
    they did that

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Let Batman just do his thing.

The Batfamily Will Preval UnderTheRedHood's Avatar

I like Gordon as character, but his pet vigilante doesn't reduce the crime rate.
    I don't know about that. when ever batman disappears things tend to go into complete chaos. and hes usually the one who stops the big catastrophic events that hit the city from completely destroying it. take Mr Bloom for example pretty sure that black star would've destroyed Gotham had bruce not came back lol
    Jason Todd, Cassandra Cain, Helena Wayne, Bruce, Harper, Kate, Dick, Barbra, Thomas, Brenna, Tim, Damian, Duke , Stephanie, Luke, Terry,

#BATSQUAD

I like Gordon as character, but his pet vigilante doesn't reduce the crime rate. Realistically the first thing James should have done was get rid of all the corrupt cops. Then he should have gone to the public and let it be known that he wasn't going to stand for any hijinx and that anyone that had a problem with the cops should step forward. Work with the community to establish outside review boards. Then do outreach like they did in the 70's and 80's have cops go to schools etc and talk to kids "Officer Friendly" and "McGruff the Crime Dog".

Next, someone needs to shut down Arkham. It's terrible and half the villains don't meet the legal definition of insanity away.

Hire cops that are from the neighborhoods they patrol. And even if they aren't from those neighborhoods, do programs that let the citizens know who their beat cops are.

Then do a massive PR program like New York did in the late 70's. "I Love New York"..."I Love Gotham!"

The mayor should do whatever he could to convince big business to come to Gotham. Change the image of the city from a cesspool to a global city. Let the big wigs know that there's opportunities here and let the city folks know that hey can benefit as well.
    What's the legal definition of insanity in regards to the rogues, in your mind? I mean, a bunch of them are straight up nutcases.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I don't know about that. when ever batman disappears things tend to go into complete chaos. and hes usually the one who stops the big catastrophic events that hit the city from completely destroying it. take Mr Bloom for example pretty sure that black star would've destroyed Gotham had bruce not came back lol
    Except that there was actually only one supervillain attack for the year that Bruce had amnesia - Mr. Bloom.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Fantastic Member

they did that

It was too small.

I'll build a bigger one. Biggest you've ever seen.

And I'll make the Kryptonians pay for it!

BANNED

I don't know...

Gordon has been replaced and it didn't help.

Arkham has been shut down and it didn't help.

The corrupt cops have been purged from the GCPD, several times, and it did not help.

Bruce Wayne routinely convinces other big corporations to invest in Gotham (in runs that actually have Bruce Wayne as a character anyway) and it does not help.

ETA: and Batman has supposedly massively reduced crime. Or at least he has according to some writers.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    What's the legal definition of insanity in regards to the rogues, in your mind? I mean, a bunch of them are straight up nutcases.
    Clinical insanity is different from legal insanity. You can be unbalanced yet still responsible for your actions. Legal insanity usually mean the person can't tell the difference between fantasy and reality to the point where he doesn't know right from wrong. The Joker might be nuts in a sense but he knows what he's doing.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I don't know...

Gordon has been replaced and it didn't help.

Arkham has been shut down and it didn't help.

The corrupt cops have been purged from the GCPD, several times, and it did not help.

Bruce Wayne routinely convinces other big corporations to invest in Gotham (in runs that actually have Bruce Wayne as a character anyway) and it does not help.

ETA: and Batman has supposedly massively reduced crime. Or at least he has according to some writers.
    They haven't worked because it would disturb the formula too much.

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    It was too small.

I'll build a bigger one. Biggest you've ever seen.

And I'll make the Kryptonians pay for it!
    That will be kinda difficult considering almost all of them are dead.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics