Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Brainiac-He's the biggest Superman villain that hasn't been done yet.
    Metallo-I've just always like the idea of his character. Plus Superman+Terminator=awesome.
    Parasite-Another villain that Superman can't just punch, cool.
    Darkseid-Although I consider him more of a DCU villain. So he should probably be the villain of a JL movie.
    Maxima-We need more female villains and as others have already said, she's not entirely evil. It makes for an interesting dynamic.
    Livewire-A good "henchmen" villainess, perhaps working for Lex.
    Doomsday-They'd probably need to tweek him so that he has at least SOME kind of personality of his own.
    General Sam Lane-An antagonist who has the power and authority of the government/military on his side. Plus it'd give Lois more character moments.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lois View Post
    Maxima would be a super idea!
    *Please pardon the pun* LOL
    I'm no mod, but as far as I'm concerned, "Super" puns are ALWAYS acceptable on this board!

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    General Sam Lane-An antagonist who has the power and authority of the government/military on his side. Plus it'd give Lois more character moments.
    Totally agree. I can't believe I forgot him.

Yeah, Sam Lane is another villain that Superman can't punch, so that makes him interesting right there. Add his family connection to Lois, and you've got a great story in the making.

I'd love to see them do a real "divided loyalties" kind of story for Lois. On the one hand, she loves Clark and knows he's a good person. On the other hand? She loves her father and doesn't want to see him get hurt, even if she wants to see him fail.

Done right, that's a powerful story in the making.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I think making General Lane a villain is a bad idea, therefore I don't care to see him in a movie. As many others here have stated, Thunderbolt Ross did it first, and did it better.

Re: Mxy, I've only seen the Lois & Clark version, and that take was mostly underwhelming. Well, not exactly. It kind of worked in the episode, but it was generally lacking compared to what we normally get.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I think making General Lane a villain is a bad idea, therefore I don't care to see him in a movie. As many others here have stated, Thunderbolt Ross did it first, and did it better.
    Couldn't agree more. I get a general doing his job, but a villain? Why can't I just watch the Hulk for that?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I like Sam Lane as somewhat of an adversary but never a full on villain. In WORLD OF NEW KRYPTON he was just a mustache twirling mad man. He should be a hard ass, sure, and wouldn't really be too keen on letting superman save the day all the time...that said he ultimately should be a real person with real motives and even help Big Blue if it meant protecting the planet.

I think Darkseid deserves the silver screen treatment more than any other villain. We've seen plenty of Clark's classic villains, but Darkseid is on another level compared to Lex Luthor. I know he's usually associated with the Justice League and not just Superman, but it's usually Superman who ends up having the biggest fights with him. It was rumored for a while that Darkseid would be the main villain in the Justice League movie. I hope this is true, but I wouldn't mind seeing him in the Man of Steel sequel either.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Brainiac is LONG overdue. Like, seriously, when I heard that General Zod was going to be the villain in Man of Steel instead of him, I spent an hour in my room nerd-raging at the sheer injustice of it.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

I'm glad we got Zod since Michael Shannon rules, but Brainiac really needs to make his curtain call.

penetrator of things

Brainiac for sure.

He's one of the few characters that if you mess up, he's easy enough to fix too, because giant swarm of robots!
    Johns' retcon for that pretty much made everything possible ever.
    Last edited by tako; 07-01-2014 at 05:46 AM.
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

What about Lobo as an onscreen villain?
    Don't think he's totally evil like Maxima, but, he'd be fun to see too.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lois View Post
    What about Lobo as an onscreen villain?
    Don't think he's totally evil like Maxima, but, he'd be fun to see too.
    Yeah, Lobo isn't evil at all really. He's pretty much totally neutral.

For that reason, I don't think he'd be a great main villain, but he can certainly make an appearance, even an important appearance, in one of the movies. No problem there at all.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yeah, Lobo isn't evil at all really. He's pretty much totally neutral.

For that reason, I don't think he'd be a great main villain, but he can certainly make an appearance, even an important appearance, in one of the movies. No problem there at all.
    No man, what you do is you throw Lobo into a Justice League movie as a hired gun for the bad guy. And he proves to be the tipping point that gives the villain the edge. Then at the eleventh hour you have Batman pay Lobo off to switch sides and turn the tide of battle. Totally obvious, totally cliched, and done with even a modicum of talent, it'll be sweet guilty enjoyment.

As for the others, Sam Lane should be what he's meant to be; a pain in the ass military general who really hates Superman but is still a good man. He belongs, especially in the MoS universe, but he's not villain material.

I would have said Darkseid should be the next Superman movie foe, but he's most likely going to be in Justice League first. So if I can't have Darkseid as my Superman villain, I'll take Starro instead. Think about it. Face-hugging Aliens (like, Ripley Aliens) hivemind? That forces a really different type of Superman story, where he cant punch the problem away and has to really get creative to win.

Brainiac of course. Superman vs. The Matrix, basically. Its so obvious even Geoff Johns could see it (and did!)

Bizarro, but only if done right. None of that comedy crap, that'll just destroy the whole thing. Bizarro is at his best when he's a tragic character, a Frankenstein's Monster. Do it like that or dont do it. And odds are, better to just not do it.

Not Parasite. He drains the thing that makes Superman visually fun. Maybe as a minor henchman, just to get a subplot out of, with one good depowered fight scene. That's it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Just to make the narrative flow of the MoS series, I wouldn't use Brainiac yet. Earth was already invaded. Metropolis has been destroyed. Brainiac wouldn't make a big enough splash, just invading the Earth right now. He needs build up. Maybe Lex has some mysterious entity he talks to, a monotone voice in the darkness. Perhaps this being gives him a lot of ideas on how to rebuild Metropolis in exchange for information on the alleged Kryptonian visitor. Lex figures he can scam whoever it is, and it ends up being Brainaic in a giant skull ship with legions of droid armies and full control over the biggest city in the United States. Bam.

Then Lex will have to work with Superman, his bitter enemy, to save mankind from extinction by the Collector of Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Just to make the narrative flow of the MoS series, I wouldn't use Brainiac yet. Earth was already invaded. Metropolis has been destroyed. Brainiac wouldn't make a big enough splash, just invading the Earth right now. He needs build up. Maybe Lex has some mysterious entity he talks to, a monotone voice in the darkness. Perhaps this being gives him a lot of ideas on how to rebuild Metropolis in exchange for information on the alleged Kryptonian visitor. Lex figures he can scam whoever it is, and it ends up being Brainaic in a giant skull ship with legions of droid armies and full control over the biggest city in the United States. Bam.

Then Lex will have to work with Superman, his bitter enemy, to save mankind from extinction by the Collector of Worlds.
    Sold. Though I fear that if Darkseid does turn out to be the JL villain, we'd have an overabundance of alien invaders. Three seems like a lot for a movie-verse.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Sold. Though I fear that if Darkseid does turn out to be the JL villain, we'd have an overabundance of alien invaders. Three seems like a lot for a movie-verse.
    Yeah and sadly Brainiac doesn't seem as big of a threat after Superman has wrestled Darkseid on screen.

Me personally, I'd keep most of the action against Lord Darkseid off Earth. Show us the horrors of Apokolips, a world of utter order. Make the threat more to time and space itself rather than just to the planet Earth. There's a war going on in "heaven" and Earth's greatest heroes just sort of get caught up in it trying to ensure our survival.

I'd go with a screwed up Lovecraftian STARRO for the first JUSTICE LEAGUE film. Maybe the White Martians worshiped it and I think that would be a better first film to unite the League. More INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS mixed with AT THE MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS, than THE AVENGERS. Also it would give AQUAMAN something to do since it technically is a giant starfish and other wise he'll be pretty bored when Superman and Green Lantern show up.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-01-2014 at 07:02 PM.