Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I'd go with a screwed up Lovecraftian STARRO for the first JUSTICE LEAGUE film. Maybe the White Martians worshiped it and I think that would be a better first film to unite the League. More INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS mixed with AT THE MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS, than THE AVENGERS. Also it would give AQUAMAN something to do since it technically is a giant starfish and other wise he'll be pretty bored when Superman and Green Lantern show up.
    Like it, but since Hollywood is tragically unlikely to go for Starro the Conquerer, how about The Centre?

It would differentiate itself from the Avengers by giving the heroes one big threat to combat, rather than an army of mooks. It's rooted in a story revolving around the sort of tensions regarding superheroes place in the world that'll likely define the upcoming DCCU, and as a silent figure, it allows the heroes to remain center-stage. More importantly than any of that, it would allow a major motion picture in which the Justice League fought dinosaurs.
    Buh-bye

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'm all for dinosaurs, if there's also monkeys. I worry the Centre isn't a large enough threat though and might turn into the scene in Ang Lee's HULK where Hulk fights like his daddy who now is a mountain or something but everything is just dimly lit CGI. Done right it could be cool though!

I like the idea of an ancient and primordial evil coming forth and screwing stuff up. Besides how cool would it be to see AQUAMAN up against a sort of CTHULHU? If we're fighting aliens again than poor Aquaman is going to be stuck watching it all on the TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Zod is done and Lex is coming up next. I think for future installments Brainiac need to show up.

You guys?
    I think that for "Batman v Superman" to work, the threat has to be far more personal for Superman. Evidently, it would be difficult to follow the Kryptonian invasion in "Man of Steel" with another consecutive alien invasion and top the former, or keep some of the originality. I think for "Batman v Superman" to work, the villains have to be Lex Luthor, and a secondary henchman, either Metallo or Bizarro.

Personally, I would favor Metallo since it opens many possibilities, such as how to portray Superman's weakness to kryptonite in a novel way. One thing that "Man of Steel" did, was to show that because he spent so many years living on Earth, he had difficulty adjusting to the atmospheric conditions of his native planet, as evidenced by his poisoning while he was on Zod's ship.

Also, as I have said earlier, the dynamic for "Batman v Superman" has to be to confront Superman with a threat that is really going to challenge him personally. The good thing about Lex Luthor is that Superman cannot simply overcome him with sheer physical force. In a way, Lex Luthor makes Superman a better hero, since he forces Kal-El to claim his humanity and stand even more resolutely as a symbol of hope. And really, the main theme of "Batman v Superman" should be about trust, that is, whether the general populace will ever trust Superman since he was the reason for the Kryptonian invasion in the first place. I foresee that the movie should be about the initial antagonism between Superman and Batman, and then the opposition between Superman and Lex Luthor, and of course, his henchman.

As far as alien invasions go, I can see Brainiac be the main villain in "Man of Steel 2", and also have the detection of Superman on Earth, be the cause that draws Brainiac to Earth, and invades it. The interesting aspect with Brainiac would be that he would prove a challenge for Superman, both physically and intellectually, which would cause the latter to really capitalize on his resources. It would be also interesting if Superman were the reason for Darkseid to also invade. Perhaps, it would be because compared to other Kryptonians, Kal-El would be genetically different, since he was the first child in centuries who was born naturally. Darkseid would then be aware of this particularity and possibly see Superman as the key to unraveling the Anti-Life Equation.

There would then be three separate alien invasions in which Superman would be the cause. That, I think, might be repetitive, but it would also be an interesting direction to take.

I think that for "Justice League", there are really a lot of possibilities. I would favor Darkseid, Doomsday, Vandal Savage, or the White Martians. In fact, I can see Superman die either in "Justice League" and then come back in "Man of Steel 2". Otherwise, I can see him die in "Man of Steel 2", at the hands of Doomsday.
    Last edited by NorrinGalan; 07-01-2014 at 09:14 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

SUPERMAN dying on screen is the last thing we need.

I wish we could all just forget Doomsday. Yeah Rodger Stern made a decent book out of it, but it's in the past. Leave it there.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    SUPERMAN dying on screen is the last thing we need.

I wish we could all just forget Doomsday. Yeah Rodger Stern made a decent book out of it, but it's in the past. Leave it there.
    Yeah let's leave that kind of storyline in the 1990's.

I can't see Hollywood ever making a Superman film featuring one of his lesser villains. Both Brainiac & Sam Lane are great ideas, but Superman's rogues gallery is a bit lacking in comparison to Batman's or Spider-Man's. Superman is such a powerful, compassionate & flawless character that suitable villains are difficult to pitch for him. Someone like Mr. Freeze or the Green Goblin (Marvel I know) wouldn't last 2 minutes.

Darkseid would be terrific too but, as stated previously, would be better served in a JL film. I'd love to see Starro too but Hollywood would just laugh at that idea (their loss).

It will always revolve around Luthor or Zod unfortunately.

The thing about Brainiac...is that they missed the mark to introduce him in MOS. Would have been perfect if it was like in SMTAS.

Now that I think about it. Brainiac should be the villain for JL. And he comes to Earth to reclaim Superman just as Zod did. Since Superman is the last kryptonian left, Brainiac wants to reclaim him and add him to his collection.

Fantastic Member

A cool way to introduce Brainiac to the cinematic DC Universe is combine him with Hank Henshaw and have them be this double threat that Superman has to take down.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    A cool way to introduce Brainiac to the cinematic DC Universe is combine him with Hank Henshaw and have them be this double threat that Superman has to take down.
    Speaking of combining, I kinda think that Metallo and Hank Henshaw should be combined into one uber-villain (they're too similar in terms of looks and powers).

My problem with Brainiac is that all the basic plot beads you'd want from a theatrical Brainiac story were used in Man of Steel.

I've always been partial to a Bizarro movie myself, but I think to do one of those well, you'd still need to have Lex.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Movie superman villains I would like too see

Brainiac
    Metallo
    Parasite
    Doomsday
    Manchester Black
    Conduit
    Bloodsport
    Eradicator

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Bizarros! Some comical, some terrifying, some incomprehensible. Each one should represent opposite aspects of Superman's personality. Zibarro too!