Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default The Mighty Mighty DC Rebirth DIscussion Thread

Well we have the new 52 one up there but I think it's time we left that time of DC behind and moved on into rebirth full time as I'm sure a lot of you have. If you already had a thread for this feel free to let me know otherwise I thought this could be a place to discuss everything DC rebirth!

To get the ball rolling can someone explain to me who Mr Oz is from the superman comics at the moment, he seems familiar but I'm drawing a complete blank right now.

That is the current mystery as we don't know who he is besides a strange figure who has knowledge about both the present and New 52 Superman, and is able to somehow monitor them.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Popular theory is that he's Adrian Veidt aka Ozymandias.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Popular theory is that he's Adrian Veidt.
    even my name is a damn joke to help the rebirth.. what a mess

I swear we had another thread for discussing DC Rebirth...

It'll be interesting to see what all ends up being in Phase 2 of Rebirth. So far, including the titles that have been moved later, we know about:

- Justice Society of America

- Super-Sons

- Legion of Superheroes

- JLA

- Shazam

- Atoms

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    even my name is a damn joke to help the rebirth.. what a mess

Your name is Adrian Veidt? Nice.

But yea, given how great Rebirth has been so far I would hardly call that a mess.

Getting back on topic though, I don't think we will have to wait long before we get an official reveal for who Mr.Oz is, be it Ozymandious or someone else.

And as for Rebirth in general, So far i've loved Action, Aquaman, Detective, Green Lanterns, Hal Jordan & The GLC, Superman, Titans & Wonder Woman.

As for the delayed & Wave-2 titles, I look forward to seeing how JLA, Shazam & Super-Sons turn out.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Don't forget about whatever they plan on announcing with Wildstorm in October.

I have to say that I'm definitely excited for Supersons and the JSA to come out eventually. I loved the JSA pre-flashpoint and earth 2 just haven't been doing it for me, so I'll just be glad to have that team back.
    Last edited by sifighter; 08-06-2016 at 07:45 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I stopped reading comics in ~2010, and I just started again with Rebirth. I'm liking Batman and Justice League. Green Arrow and Flash are very good. I'm liking Jessica Cruz, insecure Green Lantern. The Superman comics confuse me; Superman and Action Comics are seemingly two entirely different worlds, which throws me off.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ! View Post
    I stopped reading comics in ~2010, and I just started again with Rebirth. I'm liking Batman and Justice League. Green Arrow and Flash are very good. I'm liking Jessica Cruz, insecure Green Lantern. The Superman comics confuse me; Superman and Action Comics are seemingly two entirely different worlds, which throws me off.

Action & Superman are the same contiuety just at different points in time. Same with Batman & Detective, they are by no means two different worlds.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Action & Superman are the same contiuety just at different points in time. Same with Batman & Detective, they are by no means two different worlds.
    Thank you. That helps. Which is first, chronologically? (For both Superman/Action and Batman/Detective, which is first in each set?)

Thank you. That helps. Which is first, chronologically? (For both Superman/Action and Batman/Detective, which is first in each set?)
    I can't quite remember which comes first but it shouldn't really matter anyway. Any big reason why you stopped reading comics? Regardless of that I'm glad you are enjoying Rebirth, you should definitely check out Wonder Woman it's been really good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Don't forget about whatever they plan on announcing with Wildstorm in October.

I have to say that I'm definitely excited for Supersons and the JSA to come out eventually. I loved the JSA pre-flashpoint and earth 2 just haven't been doing it for me, so I'll just be glad to have that team back.
    I didn't even realize wildstorm was coming back so soon. Any other news on it?

Hopefully, wildcats will be back with majestic, zealot, grifter, voodoo, void, etc.
    Would also like to see a rebirth Legion as visitors from the future with secret identities in 21st century earth.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 08-06-2016 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I swear we had another thread for discussing DC Rebirth...

It'll be interesting to see what all ends up being in Phase 2 of Rebirth. So far, including the titles that have been moved later, we know about:

- Justice Society of America

- Super-Sons

- Legion of Superheroes

- JLA

- Shazam

- Atoms

This list fills my wallet with dread. So far I've only dropped 5 books before the end of the first arc and I'm down to try all of these new ones. I know if any of these end up favorites it's just gonna add pressure to the books already on my buy at full price list to stay amazing. I'm already ignoring Marvel and all but 1 Image (invincible) book to keep some sort of budget.

In a way it's good DC quality level is so high but adding so many it just competes with itself for my dollars. If they were not so short sighted about digital price drops I'd continue with most of the line but I think lots of hard cuts will have to be made.

It's really nice to have so much be good that even the titles I drop were mostly enjoyable. I think the Priest interview summed up why. He gave a pitch, then plotted it out with a couple editors, then Johns came in and made sure it was on point with what was happening elsewhere in DC. Basically real editorial that has talent and an eye for story instead of Didio and Lee. It explains a lot why no book has been truly bad. Even stuff I dropped it was mostly because the characters didn't interest me more than bad art or writing, like Flash I enjoyed each issue as I read it and then promptly forgot about the title till the next issue when I said that was really good but I'm just so sick of Speedsters. I blame the TV show for me dropping it not writing or art they were great.
    Last edited by Tony; 08-06-2016 at 10:47 AM.

From what I can tell Action happens before Superman. As for the bat-books its not quite as clear cut, But I would guess that Detective takes place before Batman as all of the bat-books will be tying into one another come September/October for the Monster Men event.