Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

I wasn't planning on checking this out, but the big twist convinced me to get it. Lana Lang has always been one of my favorite supporting characters, so it is great to see her finally given the chance to have the spotlight. I hope the book stays focused on her. I'll definitely keep reading if it does.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    I doubt, that Lois was killed. Lana not have successful as Lois. Comics about and with her will not be sold. AC already proved it.
    it was never about sales, it is all about stealing from Lois to give lana a better character

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Reaction To Lois Lane’s Fate In Superwoman #1 Is Angry But Measured: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/08/...ured-spoilers/

BANNED

people aren't angry over the twist, people are angry over whole book

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    people aren't angry over the twist, people are angry over whole book
    Yeah, I know... the twist is just the insult added to injury for Lois' fans.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-11-2016 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    it was never about sales, it is all about stealing from Lois to give lana a better character
    This is a business.... it's always about sales

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    It's funny how we've been talking on here about Lana's transformation from "simple farm girl" to also engineer, journalist, responsible for Superman's development, to more lucky, so far, with the gift of super powers, and just you know an all round superstar person...and now apparently she has flaws, she has anxiety, ahhh boo hoo....

I suppose there is the recognised personality trait of a bold confident person actually being more "shaky" on the inside...it's been done before, a bit of a cliche, and I think that's what it's looking like for this comic book.....seems like the Lana character is either way going to be a wind up...taking light from Lois, to wind up Lois fans, and for fans of a strong, bold capable woman character whoever it is, well she's got to be a nervous wreck really underneath hasn't she...sigh...

On the points of trying to explain or come up with logic with regard to all the continuity/timeline/other worlds issues all I can say is what a bloody mess! For me I'm afraid it isn't worth trying to work that out, but good effort from those on here who are trying to.

Cheers

Jon
    Even the personality trait of projecting confidence and courage on the outside in order to mask personal anxieties and insecurities is more commonly associated with Lois Lane as a character. Lana Lang, in my opinion, has always been a more open book character. She is more willing to be emotionally accessible and vulnerable. What attracted me to the idea behind this book was seeing the juxtaposition of these two distinct personalities, but the more Lois-like Lana becomes, the more I have a difficult time embracing the character and the story DC and Jimenez are trying to tell.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    This is a business.... it's always about sales
    since when Lana ever proof to be a spin off character? never lol

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Reaction To Lois Lane’s Fate In Superwoman #1 Is Angry But Measured: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/08/...ured-spoilers/
    If there are fans of the pre-flashpoint angry... I never understand this.. All this is for superdad family existence and plan for fix them in superman comics..

and because DC does not use a new character(better option for the problem of rebirth), because in this case would be stupid kill this character(even with 2 superwomen) in the first chapter...

I am disappointed, but I not see his final death, maybe in 1 year.. With 2 lois... we know that someday 1(N52 lois) is going away and we know that.
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-11-2016 at 08:57 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    If there are fans of the pre-flashpoint angry for this.... I never understand this.. All this is for superdad family existence..

and because DC does not use a new character(better option for the problem of rebirth), with a new character people would not have much fear because it would be stupid kill the main character in the first chapter.
    no, it isn't. it has all to do with Lana, to give her a book in stealth way

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    If there are fans of the pre-flashpoint angry for this.... I never understand this.. All this is for superdad family existence.. and because DC does not use a new character(better option for the problem of rebirth), with a new character people would not have much fear because it would be stupid kill the main character in the first chapter.
    These fans accept and understand that New 52 Lois has an expiration date as long as New 52 Superman is considered gone for good. The problem here is that Lois fans want Lois to be written well regardless of the continuity. New 52 Lois has been poorly handled and marginalized since the New 52 launched. Superwoman was DC's last chance to fix this version of Lois before sending her off to join her continuity's Superman. So far, all her fans are seeing are the mistakes of the New 52 repeating themselves.

BANNED

I really enjoyed how much writing, dialogue and just world building this issue had.

Formally: The Adventurer Jim Purcell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It's 'Hail Hydra' all over again. Do people understand how a monthly serial even works any more?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Purcell View Post
    It's 'Hail Hydra' all over again. Do people understand how a monthly serial even works any more?
    of course we understand

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Purcell View Post
    Do you understand that if the very first issue of Lois Lane's very first solo title in this millennium featured her as a supporting character in Lana Lang's story before she was killed off for a "twist" is not something that Lois Lane fans find appealing? Of course, Lois is coming back. The problem is that this first issue sets a tone for the rest of the book, and the tone it set is Lana Lang is the real Superwoman and Lois Lane is cannon fodder. Also, just to be clear, Marvel's "Hail Hydra" stunt was not well-received before AND after the twist played itself out.
    Last edited by misslane; 08-11-2016 at 09:13 AM.