Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    I felt letdown by this issue. Way too much Lana. It felt like a bait and switch, and I and other Lois fans don't want Lois and us to be used to get people to actually read a Lana Lang book. Lana continues to get characterization in excess (new skills/job, new backstory) and lots of point of view. Meanwhile, Lois doesn't get to express her feelings about much. Readers don't get to know her backstory. Even the New 52 canon Jimenez is using is wrong and unfavorable to Lois, as it doesn't have it made clear Lois outed Clark to save his life (Lana still hasn't apologized for punching Lois) and in future issues he'll be saying she and Jonathan Carroll were engaged. Apparently Lois is helpless without Lana, too, and to top it off we get a death tease as a twist. It doesn't matter if it's obvious she'll live again, I'm sick of seeing Lois die and to have it done in an issue/series that was hyped as hers, to have her not get to be the protagonist here and to end with the image of her dead body just strikes the wrong note. It's so much that it makes it difficult to appreciate the good stuff that is actually in this issue and to be optimistic about future issues. I'm just very disappointed.
    much thanks for pak start to mary sue Lana and screw over lois. it is really paying off very nice

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Was it not Lois's idea that saved the ship, though? Didn't she also get Lana to be hero instead of sulking by herself? Lana wasn't the only one doing things in this issue. And again, I think the focus on Lana's perspective is just misdirection to make people think Lois could actually die. Not gonna happen. Lois needs to be in this book simply because she is more famous than Lana.
    it is not a misdirection, you don't do this on the first issue. they really want lana to be the protagonist;
    It's not really a idea, just a last minute action 9pretty obvious btw) and lois cherishing lana to get to be a hero doesn't do much to equal things, more like to worse things
    the book is really heavy to Lana and do little to nothing to Lois

You do have a point..... damn, now I'M second guessing. I wanna hope for Lois and Lana's adventures to continue but her apparent absence from the planet should give one pause (if that IS post crisis taking the job. That could be a misdirection as well. Jurgens did says nu52 fans might be happy.) Honestly, I'd be cool if we just had a Superwoman that stayed. Which seems to be the case with Lana. Different power set too.....

But I feel a real draw of the book will go away. Jiminez wanted to do a book with a new woman all together but DC wanted the brand recognition with Lois. It'd be weird to just discard that. A lot of people come to the book FOR Lois Lane. Just by that alone, I think it'd be suicide to just kill her off. No, I think this Lois will stay. On what circumstances, we'll have to see. (Who knows, maybe the two Loises would cover for each other. It would help her identity a lot). Also I just don't think people care enough about Lana on her own. Lana AND Lois? That seems like a book with more staying power to me.
    If Lana Lang got a solo book that stuck before Lois did (well, since Superman's Girlfriend: Lois Lane), using Lois to get that book off the ground, I'd be furious.

Seriously, as a Lois fan what I feel right now is something similar to if you ordered a pizza, paid for it, opened the box, and found a bunch of hamburgers in the box with one slice of moldy pizza. Even if I could enjoy the hamburgers, I can't because it's not what I was sold on receiving and not what I wanted. I wonder how New 52 Superman fans would feel if it was announced that Greg Pak was returning to write a new Superman book next year starring New 52 Superman with solicits only mentioning a friendship/alliance with Rebirth Superman, only to read the issue and find that it's Rebirth Superman narrating, teaching New 52 Superman, teasing New 52 Superman, and then ends with New 52 Superman apparently dead.

Jimenez can tell a fun and intriguing story, but it should have been more balanced and thus true to its namesake. I feel tricked and as a result, I feel like I can't trust this anymore, which is a shame. I'm tired of having to feel so on edge about this version of Lois specifically. She's been mistreated from the outset of the New 52, and it continues here.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    she wasn't abandoned, they simply died, this happens, it is life. Jimenez said that she lives with her boyfriend and niece, she isn't even alone. WTF
    But she feels as if she was abandoned by people who were supposed to be constants in her life. Her feeling aren't invalid, and they're totally understandably. You see it all the time with people who have PTSD or people who have lost a parent or sibling. That feeling of them leaving you isn't logically but it's what's totally possible.

there isn't a way of nuLois sending lois that letter after this issue, it was clearly before this issue. because this issue is after doomsday attack
    But I'm pretty sure that the Doomsday attack is before Superman: Son of Superman because in Action Comics Clark has a beard just before he goes to fight Lex and them DD. Clark starts Superman #1 without that beard so it's safe to assume that it goes on after.

NuLois already know about mama Lois for Last days of Superman, and she already seems to have done her homework on her since she found out where she lived even AFTER they moved and changed names (she's that good!). So I can assume she probably knows about Author X. She probably thinks that Mama Lois is best suited to pick up from where she left off as Lois Lane. She likely made a recording or video before her death to go to mama Lois. She probably thought that since she's getting into the hero gig that she may one day bite the dust (or I guess become the dust as the case seems to be) so she entrusted it all to mama Lois.

I'm almost 100% on this. Otherwise it makes no sense for NuLois to quite her job just because she's a hero. Lana and Clark didn't seem to have that issue.

Was it not Lois's idea that saved the ship, though? Didn't she also get Lana to be hero instead of sulking by herself? Lana wasn't the only one doing things in this issue. And again, I think the focus on Lana's perspective is just misdirection to make people think Lois could actually die. Not gonna happen. Lois needs to be in this book simply because she is more famous than Lana.
    I appreciate that Lois offered encouragement, but even that comes across as Lana aggrandizement. You're so great Lana. I can't do this all by myself. To have Lana even do the tough Lex interview, like Lois would normally, felt like Lana stealing more from Lois. Lana gets the meal, Lois gets scraps.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    spoilers:
    Lois is presumably dead, but that can't really stick...can it? The covers for issues #2 and #3 show Lois, not Lana.

...But the solicits only mention Superwoman, like there's only one. Could this actually be a Lana Lang solo book instead of a Lois Lane book or a Lois/Lana book? The issue was really about Lana, more so than Lois.

Has DC and Jimenez been leading us on by promoting it as a Lois Lane book? My initial reaction was, of course not, but with Lois's last words and with Post-Crisis Lois & Clark looking like they're here to stay, I'm not so sure.

And what could Lois have been referring to when she said she understood things. That New 52 Superman didn't really die? That neither he or she were the real Lois & Clark?
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, I think those solicitations were just red herring.

Like I said in the other thread, didn't get the issue but read CBR's article. I thought the same too, because she *saw* nu52 Superman, apparently. And if so, that means he isn't dead after all. I had this "theory" about Mr. Oz plucking Superman out from that universe right before his "death", which could very well be the same case with Lois.

You do have a point..... damn, now I'M second guessing. I wanna hope for Lois and Lana's adventures to continue but her apparent absence from the planet should give one pause (if that IS post crisis taking the job. That could be a misdirection as well. Jurgens did says nu52 fans might be happy.) Honestly, I'd be cool if we just had a Superwoman that stayed. Which seems to be the case with Lana. Different power set too.....

But I feel a real draw of the book will go away. Jiminez wanted to do a book with a new woman all together but DC wanted the brand recognition with Lois. It'd be weird to just discard that. A lot of people come to the book FOR Lois Lane. Just by that alone, I think it'd be suicide to just kill her off. No, I think this Lois will stay. On what circumstances, we'll have to see. (Who knows, maybe the two Loises would cover for each other. It would help her identity a lot). Also I just don't think people care enough about Lana on her own. Lana AND Lois? That seems like a book with more staying power to me.
    It's very up in the air right now. But I'm strongly leaning towards Lana as the Superwoman and mama Lois as a very frequent cast member if not costar (given the idea of the Clark's and Loiss being the same people). It just reads like a straight up Lana book. Why do that if it's Lois' book. Why say Lois is "back" at the planet if she's NuLois and never actually left, ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    It's very up in the air right now. But I'm strongly leaning towards Lana as the Superwoman and mama Lois as a very frequent cast member if not costar (given the idea of the Clark's and Loiss being the same people). It just reads like a straight up Lana book. Why do that if it's Lois' book. Why say Lois is "back" at the planet if she's NuLois and never actually left, ya know?
    Look, I love the idea of more female-led titles at DC Comics, and I love it even more that those female titles would be in the Superman office. But this? Lana Lang getting a modern solo title before Lois Lane is unacceptable. Using Lois to set up and sell a Lana Lang book makes it so much worse.

I appreciate that Lois offered encouragement, but even that comes across as Lana aggrandizement. You're so great Lana. I can't do this all by myself. To have Lana even do the tough Lex interview, like Lois would normally, felt like Lana stealing more from Lois. Lana gets the meal, Lois gets scraps.
    And this is what's so strange about the book, and where the disconnect or bait and switch from the cover is. It's not the DP but the Daily Star. Lana's new job. It's Lana meeting with Lex. It's Lana's internal struggle. Lana has the interesting new powers and look that differentiate her from any of the Clarks seen in the new 52 or post Rebirth. Lana has the heroes journey that she needs to go on.

And this is what's so strange about the book, and where the disconnect or bait and switch from the cover is. It's not the DP but the Daily Star. Lana's new job. It's Lana meeting with Lex. It's Lana's internal struggle. Lana has the interesting new powers and look that differentiate her from any of the Clarks seen in the new 52 or post Rebirth. Lana has the heroes journey that she needs to go on.
    You say strange, I say insulting and terrible. Lois shouldn't be used like this. Lana's new developments are actually things that are Lois related and could have been Lois' too. Anything good about Lana getting developed is ruined by the way in which they get there. The ends don't justify the means.

I don't think she could be affected by fear gas. She's a super now.
    Is an example..in injustice .. if I remember correctly .. superman killed his wife because Joker used kryptonite against him with fear gas..

Look, I love the idea of more female-led titles at DC Comics, and I love it even more that those female titles would be in the Superman office. But this? Lana Lang getting a modern solo title before Lois Lane is unacceptable. Using Lois to set up and sell a Lana Lang book makes it so much worse.
    Hey, I'm not endorsing it (though I did like the issue), I'm just calling it as I see it right now. I totally get where a Lois fan's frustration would be coming from right now. If they wanted a Lana book they could've just made one without Lois. But the two Lois thing had to be reconciled somehow, and since DC is pushing the classic takes of Lois and Clark it seemed strange have a Super-Lois around too. Messed up way to go about it though.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    But how would she return she died the same way New 52 Superman did and if she can come back from that why can't he? I do think the covers and solicits were misleading and Lana is the star, which I find really interesting.
    Indeed. Unless what I and others have said before has some truth in it: he's not dead. And perhaps he's being "trained" by Mr. Oz or something.

BANNED

But she feels as if she was abandoned by people who were supposed to be constants in her life. Her feeling aren't invalid, and they're totally understandably. You see it all the time with people who have PTSD or people who have lost a parent or sibling. That feeling of them leaving you isn't logically but it's what's totally possible.
    yet, she isn't alone. so the abandonement problems is bullshit. From nowhere she just got a brother that kille himself, this was superforced drama.
    anxiety isn't ptsd. ptsd is triggered by traumatic event, anxiety just there it doesn't show up from traumatic events
    But I'm pretty sure that the Doomsday attack is before Superman: Son of Superman because in Action Comics Clark has a beard just before he goes to fight Lex and them DD. Clark starts Superman #1 without that beard so it's safe to assume that it goes on after.

NuLois already know about mama Lois for Last days of Superman, and she already seems to have done her homework on her since she found out where she lived even AFTER they moved and changed names (she's that good!). So I can assume she probably knows about Author X. She probably thinks that Mama Lois is best suited to pick up from where she left off as Lois Lane. She likely made a recording or video before her death to go to mama Lois. She probably thought that since she's getting into the hero gig that she may one day bite the dust (or I guess become the dust as the case seems to be) so she entrusted it all to mama Lois.

I'm almost 100% on this. Otherwise it makes no sense for NuLois to quite her job just because she's a hero. Lana and Clark didn't seem to have that issue.
    It's not like Lois is any important, right? nothing on superwoman makes her standout.

what will she do then? she have been journalist her whole life and then now she just gave up her ID

I thought the pack was in action, but it is on superman. so it is likely after this.
    Last edited by Tayswift; 08-10-2016 at 12:19 PM.

This is simply clickbait
    Relax, Lois is not going to die and this is not a Lana Lang book.

Just wait for the next comic to come out.