Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It's so quaint that people making a would-be blockbuster for a mega-corp refer to themselves as "artists." Surely the remaining majority of humanity can tell the difference?
    The worst thing about comics these days are definitely the 'true fans'

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Agree with some folks here in that, while the actors getting motivated is all well and good, the people in charge need to:
    1) Hire writers/directors that actually understand and like the characters
    2) Get a grand vision for what they want their film universe to be besides grim-n-gritty
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

All-New Member

Issue is the cast is the best part of the Suicide Squad movie. Davies, Margot, Smith and even Leto are what makes it worth seeing and pretty fun. That's not what needs fixing, sadly.

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

That's nice but IMHO, that's the problem because you are NOT going to satisfy everybody.

Studios, producers, directors and actors just need to focus on telling the story and bringing their A-game when doing it.

If the crowd is unhappy, their unhappy, it's hit-or-miss sometimes, you just never know.

When DC/WB relax into themselves, stopping looking at Marvel/Disney and look at the rich DC verse in front of them and just jump in and do them... then we're going to see something.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Fantastic Member Iluvitloud1976's Avatar

I see a movie no matter what the reviews are. I make up my own mind but I gotta agree with the majority here. Suicide Squad was terrible & despite it having some cool moments they were far in between. A very lackluster flick especially if you consider how much hype & anticipation this was getting since the first teaser. It was like a bad music video. I couldn't help but roll my eyes through a majority of this movie which sucks because I'm a big DC guy & I wish nothing but the best for the DCEU. The best parts of SS were the Batman & Flash cameo's, & Will Smith's Deadshot portrayal. Say what you will about Zack Snyder but his MOS & BvS movies were way better than SS.
    ".......he's wrong, we're not wearing costumes" -Leonardo, 1984

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by square View Post
    It's so quaint that people making a would-be blockbuster for a mega-corp refer to themselves as "artists." Surely the remaining majority of humanity can tell the difference?
    It's still possible to make a big blockbuster and be an artist. See, well, every Marvel movie made

Oh great, the cast is motivated. With Snyder at the helm, we'll get another front loaded movie with terrible legs that made enough money early on to appease the studio. This in cause will have the DC loyalists cheering about another mediocre movie and how they are satisfied and thrilled with the direction the DCEU is heading. Just fantastic.

Will strike 3 be Snyders last at bat? Somehow I doubt it.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    LOL. More like "random thought."
    hehe i know. it's just funny to me to see different interpretations on the same thing. and i honestly couldn't care less. DC has a lot to prove if it thinks it's movies are going to be looked on favorably. When I look at Doctor Strange, Guardians, Avengers, and anything else under the Marvel umbrella, I know for the most part I am getting a good film. They've earned that. With DC, they stacked the deck against themselves in a rush to try and compete instead of methodically building out their universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    If anyone needs to receive this message, it's the studio heads. They're the ones who keep screwing these movies over with their ham-handed hatchet job editing.
    Bingo. Can someone please just gag them until the movie is released?
    Life is but a dream

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

"Justice League Part 2 cast motivated by negative Justice League Part 1 reviews"

In all seriousness though, I wish these blokes the best. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
    Oh great, the cast is motivated. With Snyder at the helm, we'll get another front loaded movie with terrible legs that made enough money early on to appease the studio. This in cause will have the DC loyalists cheering about another mediocre movie and how they are satisfied and thrilled with the direction the DCEU is heading. Just fantastic.

Will strike 3 be Snyders last at bat? Somehow I doubt it.
    Are we going to keep blaming Snyder when the studio heads are the ones that can't keep from frantically re-editing these movies?
    Last edited by MikeP; 08-11-2016 at 06:45 PM.
    Life is but a dream

apparently, ezra miller is receiving personal coaching from grant morrison himself! motivated and supported by the legends. that's incredible to me. i hope to hear more of these types of encounters between the comic pros and the film cast and crew.

http://screenrant.com/flash-movie-ez...-grant-gustin/