Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    And if he did watched it and hated it.You'll be complaining about how he made up his mind that the movie was bad before seeing it and is therefore biased.

Look,not going to see a movie he mostly likely wasn't going to like was one of the most mature decisions that came out of this mess.Unless you're actively paying him to go see the film you have no right to say that he should be mocked for not seeing it.
    Nah, I'd respect him more if he watched it and would welcome even a negative opinion. Since he's such a fanboy of the original I assume he would hate the new version, and that's OK.

I am paying him, a little bit. I subscribe to his channel and he gets ad revenue from me watching his videos.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    I wanna know how the courtship went.

"mom, I'd like to introduce you to my boyfriend, the angry video game nerd"

"mom, dad, the angry video game nerd proposed... and I said yes!"
    I don't know if he was married before he became big at this or not. I do remember he did have a normal job and then the AVGN deal exploded on youtube and he became a star with it. I'm sure she told her parents either before or after , "James makes his living doing a character on a video channel..."

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    He should be mocked, not necessarily for being sexist but for taking such a dramatic, childish stand. He's a professional reviewer that's well-known for reviewing Ghostbusters content and, critically, for reviewing the worst Ghostbusters content by reviewing the bad early games. Watching a movie he doesn't like wouldn't hurt him. And he will never know if he likes it or not if he doesn't try it. Most people learn that at the dinner table before they hit 10.
    He already saw he wouldn't like it. It would be worse if he knew he hated it , came out and went full AVGN on it. Imagine the anger then and people proclaiming "LOOK AT THIS SON OF A BITCH ! HE HATED THE FILM BEFORE HE SAW IT ! SEXIST !!"

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Yes, not watching a movie, so dramatic, so childish, so worthy of mockery and ridicule. How dare someone refuse to watch (and pay money to) something they have no interest in seeing.
    Well those people became a joke as Pat and others rallied around Rolfe. I remember Pat (NES Punk) on his CUPodcast and Ian calling those slamming James to get a life. That 1 guy refusing to see the film in a nice way , isn't sexist or misogynist. Hell at the same time Rolfe shot his video Comicbookgirl19 , shot her video and it was rougher on the trailers and she got no criticism.

I'd say you're operating on an Olympic level when it comes to mental gymnastics, but then you're falling on your face in this regard at every turn. When a article about James Rolfe's video begins with "sexist outcry against Ghostbusters gets louder" it's saying it's getting louder because of the video, and if it isn't saying it or he is sexist, then it's a pretty weird way of starting the article. Usually the headline of an article isn't completely unrelated to the article itself. This was a headline so stupid that at some point it was changed to something far less inflammatory, if anything else directly calling him a sexist was also removed I don't know. But The Atlantic article sure as hell still implies he's a sexist. It's not the only one that very strong implies he's sexist either.

And you still can't seem to answer why some many reviewers (and some others) became enraged when he said he wouldn't review a movie he has no interest in seeing. Keep in mind the "use Vs them" "political climate" these outraged people created around this shitty comedy. One of them tries to paint it as Rolfe being childish for not wanting to watch it...this ironically starts with a really stupid and unfunny Hitler dick kick "joke", (Yes, Virginia, there does exist a person so unfunny that he can render Hitler cock kicks totally unfunny) and then really gets childish. No doubt the writer of that terribly unfunny article also truly did end up loving the new Ghostbusters movies later, because clearly they have zero taste when it comes to comedy, and things like humor elude them.
    If its the article where an idiot proclaimed James Rolfe was a soft sexist , that dude is clearly a fucking moron. And should be mocked til he issues an apology from jumping to that from a 6 minute video. But he likely won't because....he's a fucking moron.

Nah, I'd respect him more if he watched it and would welcome even a negative opinion. Since he's such a fanboy of the original I assume he would hate the new version, and that's OK.

I am paying him, a little bit. I subscribe to his channel and he gets ad revenue from me watching his videos.
    You'd be angry since the movie review of his wouldn't be fair . Because as I posted , you'd say Rolfe walked into the film with a negative opinion and clearly wouldn't be fair to the film. He reviews bad games and discusses his love of the original Ghostbusters games and cartoons he likes. But he's not a professional reviewer of films per say. He plays bad games and does a character that rips into them.

In all the criticism of Rolfe also hurt the film. If your trying to attack a guy who clearly isn't being mean at all , just saying I have no interest in a film ...examine what your doing. Its not childish of a man to say , I refuse to go see a film because I know I won't like it. And why do that ? Those who were childish were the ones who quickly jumped and wrote articles like the moron who accused Rolfe of being a soft sexist and more.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

That is not even a little true. You would rip him apart and he knew that is what would happen so he didn't bother. Saying you would respect him more is just total bullshit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    That is not even a little true. You would rip him apart and he knew that is what would happen so he didn't bother. Saying you would respect him more is just total bullshit.
    Nope, I'd give him mad props. I'd probably disagree with him, but I'd respect him for his candor.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 08-12-2016 at 10:17 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    You'd be angry since the movie review of his wouldn't be fair . Because as I posted , you'd say Rolfe walked into the film with a negative opinion and clearly wouldn't be fair to the film. He reviews bad games and discusses his love of the original Ghostbusters games and cartoons he likes. But he's not a professional reviewer of films per say. He plays bad games and does a character that rips into them.

In all the criticism of Rolfe also hurt the film. If your trying to attack a guy who clearly isn't being mean at all , just saying I have no interest in a film ...examine what your doing. Its not childish of a man to say , I refuse to go see a film because I know I won't like it. And why do that ? Those who were childish were the ones who quickly jumped and wrote articles like the moron who accused Rolfe of being a soft sexist and more.
    I would not be angry. I understand reviewers often have pre-existing biases. I'm not one of those GamerGaters demanding "objective reviews," an oxymoron. I'm a huge fan of his reviews, even the ones where he goes out of the way to be unfair to my favorite games like Simon's Quest.

He is a professional reviewer. He makes money for doing reviews. That's the definition of professional reviewer. He's far from the first reviewer to review in character, see the great Joe Bob Briggs.

It was extremely childish. It's like a kid who won't even try the broccoli, if the kid made a dramatic video that positioned his refusal as an ethical stand.

I would not be angry. I understand reviewers often have pre-existing biases. I'm not one of those GamerGaters demanding "objective reviews," an oxymoron. I'm a huge fan of his reviews, even the ones where he goes out of the way to be unfair to my favorite games like Simon's Quest.

He is a professional reviewer. He makes money for doing reviews. That's the definition of professional reviewer. He's far from the first reviewer to review in character, see the great Joe Bob Briggs.

It was extremely childish. It's like a kid who won't even try the broccoli, if the kid made a dramatic video that positioned his refusal as an ethical stand.
    I think that it's as childrish as complaining about someone who simply doesnt want to pay for a bad movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I think that it's as childrish as complaining about someone who simply doesnt want to pay for a bad movie.
    If you think the movie ticket price was the issue you're way off the plot here.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The James Rolfe situation was completely bonkers. Rolfe shot a 6 minute nice video saying he had no intentions of seeing the film (since fans were asking him repeatedly bout it) and that why go watch something if your not gonna like it. So of course folks got angry because Rolfe wouldn't go see it and he was mocked online. With some angry women asking how a woman could possibly marry him. Because...he chose not to go see a fucking movie and one he wouldn't like.
    Also those that went after him for this, I mean Rolfe and his appeal and why he does this stuff and why he has fans is that his whole thing is about Nostalgia!

He plays and reviews old videogames and movies! He even has all the old videogames players. Just look at his room where he does his online reviews, it's a museum.

That's what he is all about. Of course the guy would not be attracted to this. It's like oil and water.

They attacked a guy for being who he is. He was the wrong target.

But at the same time, it shows how misguided and wrong these attacks were.

BANNED

The dramatic thing is making a six minute video and saying "I refuse." He took a stand. it would have been easier just to not do it.
    He's known for being a big Ghostbusters fan among his fans, making a short video talking about, among other things, that he isn't going to watch it is by no means dramatic, or childish. People only got pissy about him saying he wouldn't watch this shitty comedy because of whatever stupid perceived importance that isn't actually there at all they places on it. If only the movie they got behind wasn't total crap.

I wanna know how the courtship went.

"mom, I'd like to introduce you to my boyfriend, the angry video game nerd"

"mom, dad, the angry video game nerd proposed... and I said yes!"
    Are you seriously mocking a guy for being a nerd, and making a living off it, on a comic book website?
    Life is but a dream

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Are you seriously mocking a guy for being a nerd, and making a living off it, on a comic book website?
    It would seem to be so. Also for having a internet handle that isn't his actual name, so the irony just keeps on rollin'.

Yes absolutely I'm mocking the angry video game nerd and his self-important video about how he's not going to do something. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.

BANNED

Yes absolutely I'm mocking the angry video game nerd and his self-important video about how he's not going to do something. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.
    Making a video sure is self-important. Are forum post self-important too?

Making a video sure is self-important. Are forum post self-important too?
    Yours sure are.

Spot on....