6 10.53%
  • a bad comic book.

0 0%
  • a terrible comic book.

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Without a doubt my favorite Rebirth book so far. Priest did exactly what I was expecting him to do and he flat out killed out. Next time my son acts up I'm going to tell him I'm sending him to live with Slade.
    This is why comic book readers shouldn't be parents. So many assisted suicides every Batman reboot...

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Without a doubt my favorite Rebirth book so far. Priest did exactly what I was expecting him to do and he flat out killed out. Next time my son acts up I'm going to tell him I'm sending him to live with Slade.
    The Russian film I referred to is called simply The Return and was released in 2003. Stars a rather popular actor from the Night Watch series of films. I will not go into details but I can truthfully write that Slade is a better dad than what I had. As a result I am not as harsh upon him as some of you at least this issue. He should have been there. But I never doubted he loved them. Terrible trade or not. And he did provide some interesting training. Hopefully, we haven't become too sissified for a spanking or switching to be acceptable discipline. The kid did sneak away from camp and run the battery dead in the vehicle leaving them with a 50 mile walk in the ice and snow. You set him down with you. You explain clearly what was wrong. You spank them (not beat them) to reinforce the consequences to what you do. You tell him what he should have done. You hug him and make sure he knows you love him. You move forward. Done. No drama. No later regrets as it's just a spanking or whipping.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

BANNED

Waiting for Rose and Adeline and a thought just struck me, we haven't actually seen amny love making scenes between Slade and Adeline have we? for a character that sleeps around that feels strange to me.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Waiting for Rose and Adeline and a thought just struck me, we haven't actually seen amny love making scenes between Slade and Adeline have we? for a character that sleeps around that feels strange to me.
    Not sure what to make of that post. They have three kids together... Evidence enough? Unless you are complaining that they so often show Slade with hookers now?
    Last edited by Inhuman X; 08-11-2016 at 07:25 AM.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    Yeah, we all agree. Priest was great with this issue. But what made it great in your view? What was special here?
    for me it was great bc it felt the most realistic out of any of the rebirth books so far. this story could have easily taken place in our world, which was really good.

BANNED

I absolutely loved how political this was, please Priest! Have the Clinton Foundation hire Deathstroke for a job.

Astonishing Member

Whelp, this lived up to the hype.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    Not sure what to make of that post. They have three kids together... Evidence enough? Unless you are complaining that they so often show Slade with hookers now?
    Actually, I think the back story now is that Rose is a by-blow from a Hmong hooker....unlike most writers, I think Priest might make use of this background....

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    I absolutely loved how political this was, please Priest! Have the Clinton Foundation hire Deathstroke for a job.
    I didn't see it as political as much as another day in comic book Africa for a merc killer playing both sides to make the most of his contract. However, there could be fun had in having Deathstroke do a job for the Clintons. Maybe even Putin too. On the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Actually, I think the back story now is that Rose is a by-blow from a Hmong hooker....unlike most writers, I think Priest might make use of this background....
    Rebirth seems to be trying to dive back toward the basics of each character. What made us love them to begin with before NU 52 blew it? With that in mind, I am not sure how best to portray Rose in the current universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
    Alright Priest, I'm in. This was a well done story.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Priest. All ya got to say.
    +1

10char
    #MagnetoWasRight

This was really good. It feels very connected to the real world, and imbues Slade with a sense of morality that isn't tied to being a hero or villain, but rather one that's driven by well... Slade's way of life.

Mighty Member

I can't wait to pick this up. So glad DC hired Priest. I knew he would bring back the complexity with Deathstroke.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    for me it was great bc it felt the most realistic out of any of the rebirth books so far. this story could have easily taken place in our world, which was really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    This was really good. It feels very connected to the real world, and imbues Slade with a sense of morality that isn't tied to being a hero or villain, but rather one that's driven by well... Slade's way of life.
    I have observed a few of you make the comment that it felt real and I am a bit curious as to what in particular helped create this feeling? The current state of some regions of Africa? Or was it that Slade felt more human in his responses than many of the other characters getting a book lately? Is he somehow coming across as a more fleshed out character? What are we relating too in this... anti-hero that we miss in others?

BANNED

Priest killed this issue, absolutely crushed it.

I only voted good because I was a little confused at the end as to who Wintergreen is and why Slade was trying to get to him.

Also, Fantastic art. A very good beginning to a series that I will probably end up following.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    Priest killed this issue, absolutely crushed it.

I only voted good because I was a little confused at the end as to who Wintergreen is and why Slade was trying to get to him.

Also, Fantastic art. A very good beginning to a series that I will probably end up following.
    Similar to Batman's Alfred. Just crooked, cantankerous, and prone to be kidnapped by terrorists.

W.R. Wintergreen: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/William_Ran...en_(New_Earth)
    Last edited by Inhuman X; 08-12-2016 at 01:15 AM.