• an average comic book.

6 10.53%
  • a bad comic book.

0 0%
  • a terrible comic book.

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Sometimes we need to be reminded just what else goes with the violent tendencies we tend to idolize.

I may be misunderstanding you but it kind of seems like you're defending something that I never attacked.

I agree with all of this but there's no way that watching kids get abused is an experience I'll love. It can be important and brilliant story telling that I will support by reading and buying the book but I will not enjoy the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    What's wrong with criticism?

I didn't mean to seem defensive or anything. I was just opening the conversation as to why in order to get interesting ideas flowing for a good thread. I fully get that some story content for various books can touch on subjects we each might find sensitive and a turn off.

There is nothing wrong with criticism. But in this case, I didn't mean it as such. It was a good book that was not an enjoyable read because kids are getting abused.

I will still buy the book because it is good. But yeah, I won't jump up and down with joy when the next issue arrives. "Yay! Child abuse! So great!"

Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

Deathstroke told those guys that they'd already killed their sons, and to wait ten minutes for him, and they actually waited? They sat there for ten minutes thinking they were about to die? Wow. They don't even have names, but I hope we see those guys get out of the Al Lajna camp. If they never show up again I'm just going to assume they made it back to their families.

This was an interesting book. Not my favorite Rebirth title, but it's pretty good so far. Like Ulysses I'm no fan of villains, but an action/adventure book with great, realistic art that's set in the seedy international underbelly of the DC universe could be fun. And the writing is honest in how it portrays Slade: he's no hero. I'm not sure how long I can follow a book about a guy I don't like, but as long as it's a realistic exploration of his character and isn't attempting to make him an appealing "anti-hero" then I'm on board.

Easily one of the best Rebirth issues so far. Priest wrote a perfect Deathstroke. Completely cold and calculating on the surface but showing that he's full of regret on the inside. Some writers have a tendency to make Slade overly sympathetic. Priest did not do that here. He wrote Slade Wilson warts and all. The Wilson clan is one of the most dysfunctional families in comics. I can't wait until Rose shows up. One of my favorite characters and I love her rocky relationship with Deathstroke.
    Jericho has been treated poorly by DC for years. I'm really curious to see how Priest handles him.

This is great. No love, no hope, no heroism. Just a little cruel and devastating dose of reality. I like to see this kind of things in the comics so people will don't forget the kind of world we live. And Deathstroke is a perfect herald for this.

It's only eight days until the next issue. I fear DC going twice monthly with some titles will soak up more of my comic budget. I may end up dropping books to feed off what title I feel is coolest twice each month rather than looking for more variety of just cool titles. Anyone else in the same boat?
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

So so excited to finally see Deathstroke the villain and not the semi-anti-hero he's been portrayed as the past few years. Bring it on Priest I'm so in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Easily one of the best Rebirth issues so far. Priest wrote a perfect Deathstroke. Completely cold and calculating on the surface but showing that he's full of regret on the inside. Some writers have a tendency to make Slade overly sympathetic. Priest did not do that here. He wrote Slade Wilson warts and all. The Wilson clan is one of the most dysfunctional families in comics. I can't wait until Rose shows up. One of my favorite characters and I love her rocky relationship with Deathstroke.
    Jericho has been treated poorly by DC for years. I'm really curious to see how Priest handles him.
    It's amazing because Priest could barely remember who Deathstroke was when he was offered the job. Priest is such a professional. He did his extensive research, got the beats of the character down, and hit the ground running writing the character well.

BANNED

DC or priest or whoever trying too hard to make him a Dc punisher character. I found this issue blaND, VERY PAINT BY NUMBERS AVERAGE.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    DC or priest or whoever trying too hard to make him a Dc punisher character. I found this issue blaND, VERY PAINT BY NUMBERS AVERAGE.
    How is he a Punisher character??

Mighty Member

One of the best Rebirth issues I have read so far! This is Slade!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    Huh? I could see the Punisher comparison leveled at either the upcoming Vigilante or Wild Dog but not Slade at all. He has no interest in punishing guilty criminals he is one and is pretty proud of being the worlds greatest assassin. In some ways he is everything Frank Castle would hate. I do wonder if you read the comic. He didn't care who he wiped out this issue as long as he got paid. I didn't see him behave anything like Frank.
    Last edited by Inhuman X; 08-21-2016 at 12:12 AM.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    Huh? I could see the Punisher comparison leveled at either the upcoming Vigilante or Wild Dog but not Slade at all. He has no interest in punishing guilty criminals he is one and is pretty proud of being the worlds greatest assassin. In some ways he is everything Frank Castle would hate. I do wonder if you read the comic. He didn't care who he wiped out this issue as long as he got paid.
    Yep, he's an amoral hired gun who profits off of bloody conflicts in third world countries.