Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "All-New X-Men" #12 Features Surprise Return Of Major X-Villain

The issue also reveals a fiery new problem plaguing the mind of one of the teen team's members.

Full article here.

It's official. Marvel's so short on decent villains that they're having to import them from other realities.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    It's official. Marvel's so short on decent villains that they're having to import them from other realities.
    Eh, s'not like the 616/Prime/whatever it's called this week version had much left in the tank.

Anyways:
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Astonishing Member

....And it's not just any alternate X-Villian; but one with signifient history with the X-Men, regardless of whatever realities this person came from.

yes, please, finaly hopeless did something usefull with this book

Ugh, why does she have to show up in THIS book? I wanna see her on EXM trying to conquer limbo and fighting Jeen. That would be epic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Ugh, why does she have to show up in THIS book? I wanna see her on EXM trying to conquer limbo and fighting Jeen. That would be epic.
    Nope sorry dude, this version of Maddie already conquered limbo and killed Sinister and the X men, now she's back with a vengeance to kill... Tyke? Like it or not Hopeless wrote the best Maddie we got in years, so I hope this arc salvages his whole run. Now I understand why he runs off to champions
    Also the money shot

What's not to love?
    Last edited by somacula; 08-10-2016 at 09:51 AM.

Mighty Member

plus, half of the x men villains have joined the x men.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Eh, s'not like the 616/Prime/whatever it's called this week version had much left in the tank.
    I wouldn't particularly want Maddie Prime in on this book, tbh; she's gotten kicked around enough. I even thought the SW versions of the GQ and li'l Nathan were pretty cool. But there's something about this that's rubbing me the wrong way. Maybe it's just a writer being self-referential in a book that seems to be playing very fast-and-loose with prior characterization on core cast members. It's one of the things that annoys me about Bendis and I'm getting a whiff of it here.

Seems more like it's the writer re-using used characters between different series. Much like Bendis does as well.

BANNED

Poor Nightcrawler.

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Nope sorry dude, this version of Maddie already conquered limbo and killed Sinister and the X men, now she's back with a vengeance to kill... Tyke? Like it or not Hopeless wrote the best Maddie we got in years, so I hope this arc salvages his whole run. Now I understand why he runs off to champions
    Also the money shot

What's not to love?
    It's not about how she's written but about what stories could be told with her. She has nothing to do with the ANXM kids besides I don't know, trying to kill and possibly rape Cyke. She already conquered Limbo on BW, sure, but that doesn't exist anymore. X-Haven could be the opportunity to keep it that way AND kill the X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's not about how she's written but about what stories could be told with her. She has nothing to do with the ANXM kids besides I don't know, trying to kill and possibly rape Cyke. She already conquered Limbo on BW, sure, but that doesn't exist anymore. X-Haven could be the opportunity to keep it that way AND kill the X-Men.
    Baby steps buddy, baby steps. It's a brand new world and this is Hopeless version of Maddie, you gotta let her do his magic, if it fails nothing of value is lost since she isn't Maddie prime, if it rocks better for us plus she might show up in other books eventually. It's win win situation

Quote Originally Posted by myeldermoon View Post
    yes, please, finaly hopeless did something usefull with this book
    Unfortunately considering that happened in the same issue that he continued the Laurren relationship, which it seems most of the fanbase hates, he's stuck in neutral with this issue.

It might be fun to have regular/616-Cable meet kid Cable from SW Inferno.