Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Baby steps buddy, baby steps. It's a brand new world and this is Hopeless version of Maddie, you gotta let her do his magic, if it fails nothing of value is lost since she isn't Maddie prime, if it rocks better for us plus she might show up in other books eventually. It's win win situation
    Yeah I can see your point. It's mostly that I just don't really like the current ANXM book.

>SW Maddie? GRRRRLLL!!! Unexpected but I can't wait to see Nightdemon vs Pickles.
    >Wow. Hopeless addressed two of my concerns in a single issue: the effects of the Black Vortex energy wings on Warren AND the Larren relationship. At least Larren now has something like a foundation to stand on. Kinda. I'll take it. And it looks like any version of Warren just can't escape having altered wings and extremely enhanced violent urges.
    >Seeing Tyke literally speak Laura's tactical language was so sweet, then asking for mission reports so he doesn't go completely stir crazy. SO cute.
    >I enjoyed a further look inside Hopeless's take on Laura and her Wolverine behaviour vs her normal behaviour.
    >Best issue of the series... ever?
    Last edited by nx01a; 08-10-2016 at 11:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Maaaaaaaaaaddie!

Also Bamf the Magik Dragon. But mostly Maaaaaaaaddie!

The other 21 pages were fun too.

Cosmic Angel vs Goblin Queen. This'll be good! ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

The issue itself was disappointing, but this last page reveal keeps me interested in this series. I feel it was overdue. Brain Wood brought Maddie back during his run. After that, she and Selene kind of fell to the wayside, most likely due to Secret Wars overshadowing everything. I had hoped that she'd show up at some point to torment the time-displaced X-men, especially O5 Cyclops. It took way too long for her to show up again, but I'm glad she did. I think she could give the all-new team a menacing villain that they've lacked since this series began. They'll need that after the Marvel NOW 2.0 shakeups. After doing such an admirable job in the Secret Wars Inferno tie-in, I'm all for Dennis Hopeless giving Maddie another chance.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    The issue itself was disappointing, but this last page reveal keeps me interested in this series. I feel it was overdue. Brain Wood brought Maddie back during his run. After that, she and Selene kind of fell to the wayside, most likely due to Secret Wars overshadowing everything. I had hoped that she'd show up at some point to torment the time-displaced X-men, especially O5 Cyclops. It took way too long for her to show up again, but I'm glad she did. I think she could give the all-new team a menacing villain that they've lacked since this series began. They'll need that after the Marvel NOW 2.0 shakeups. After doing such an admirable job in the Secret Wars Inferno tie-in, I'm all for Dennis Hopeless giving Maddie another chance.
    Waiting for your review buddy, finally there's hope for the all new Hopeless x men

BANNED

This isn't Wood's resurrected Madelyne, it's the Baron Pryor from Hopeless' Secret Wars Inferno miniseries. She must've used her Nightcrawler steed and hopped dimensions as Battleworld imploded.

I kind of like what Dennis Hopeless did with Angel's character in this issue. He actually dealt with the negative consequences for keeping the Black Vortex upgrade, and how if he doesn't unleash himself every now and then, it'll take over.

Laura's characterization on the other hand ... yeah.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Really enjoyed this issue; which I was sort of surprised by because, as I have mentioned, I have no real investment in the Larren pairing. This issue almost manages to get me to ship it, or at the very least understand it/ consider it plausible.

I really don't understand the complaints of mischaracterization, to me it has been 100% spot on. I have a feeling most of those complaints are being leveled at his depiction of Laura, but after today's issue I really don't see how those complaints are valid. There is a difference between not liking the direction a writer is taking a character and claiming they are writing said character 'wrong'.

So is Baby Nathan gone/dead?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Really enjoyed this issue; which I was sort of surprised by because, as I have mentioned, I have no real investment in the Larren pairing. This issue almost manages to get me to ship it, or at the very least understand it/ consider it plausible.

I really don't understand the complaints of mischaracterization, to me it has been 100% spot on. I have a feeling most of those complaints are being leveled at his depiction of Laura, but after today's issue I really don't see how those complaints are valid. There is a difference between not liking the direction a writer is taking a character and claiming they are writing said character 'wrong'.
    Have to agree. I think Hopeless is trying to follow Bendis more directly but also reconcile that with Laura's previous established traits (self-harm, consciously normalizing, social awkwardness, etc). I think most of the hate stems from even acknowledging Bendis rather than outright refuting it, but I feel like Hopeless is doing an okay job of dealing with what he was given.

On the other hand Taylor's version gets constant praise and bizarrely I find her completely flat and more than a little Mary Sueish. But idk maybe that's what the fanbase really wants; a perfect boring big sister.

MADELYNE PRYOR!!! <3<3<3 I was very, very close to dropping his book as it has been so very boring and I'm not really enjoying Hopeless's writing at all. However I loved the SW:Inferno mini and I love Maddie. I'm wondering if this Madelyne has just straight up replaced the original 616 Maddie as though she was never there or there will be two of them. I do have a feeling that Hopeless is just going to ignore her resurrection in 'X-Men'.

BANNED

There should be two Madelynes in 616 Prime now. Two Nightcrawlers too. And actually two Logans as I believe the Wolverine from Dazzler's X-Treme X-Men should still be around. Not to mention two Beasts, Icemen and Angels.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    So is Baby Nathan gone/dead?
    We don't know. There was said some of Battle World had survived. The Maker and Maestro being two examples. Now Goblin Queen and her dragon as well. How and why, we don't know yet....
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

So even her clone gets doubles, but 2 Jeans are just not possible eh?