Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post
    So even her clone gets doubles, but 2 Jeans are just not possible eh?
    Laura also has a double

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    This isn't Wood's resurrected Madelyne, it's the Baron Pryor from Hopeless' Secret Wars Inferno miniseries. She must've used her Nightcrawler steed and hopped dimensions as Battleworld imploded.
    But that's the odd thing, didn't she kill Nightcrawler when Jean was being soft and tried reaching him?

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Really enjoyed this issue; which I was sort of surprised by because, as I have mentioned, I have no real investment in the Larren pairing. This issue almost manages to get me to ship it, or at the very least understand it/ consider it plausible.

I really don't understand the complaints of mischaracterization, to me it has been 100% spot on. I have a feeling most of those complaints are being leveled at his depiction of Laura, but after today's issue I really don't see how those complaints are valid. There is a difference between not liking the direction a writer is taking a character and claiming they are writing said character 'wrong'.
    It's only spot on if you ignore all of her previous character development, such as the entire point of the Liu series.

Mighty Member

Curious to see what happens... But it doesn't really solve my issue with the current state of the X-Men comics aka re-hashing stories and concepts... I mean, what would the Byrne/Claremont run have been like if they re-hashed all the Lee/Kirby/Thomas villains and concepts from the '60s?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post
    So even her clone gets doubles, but 2 Jeans are just not possible eh?
    I mean they have bend over backswords to bring back some characters in the most ridiculous ways... but they refuse to do so with the one character who has the whole "resurrection" thing as part of her power set more or less!? I mean Jean is "Pheonix" for crying out loud... I am so tired of waiting for this to happen...

Ehhhh. I liked SW Maddie but I think I rather an Inferno Book follow up than have her show up in 616. Guess the real Maddie gets to go unused further now.

Get this Nightcrawler fixed and our lovely 616 Fuzzy Elf will have a double.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Why fix what ain't broken?

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    We don't know. There was said some of Battle World had survived. The Maker and Maestro being two examples. Now Goblin Queen and her dragon as well. How and why, we don't know yet....
    If you're counting The Maker, then Miles Morales as well (they're both from 1610, the Ultimate Universe). A-Force's Singularity also arrived on 616 via Battleworld, as did Old Man Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    I mean they have bend over backswords to bring back some characters in the most ridiculous ways... but they refuse to do so with the one character who has the whole "resurrection" thing as part of her power set more or less!? I mean Jean is "Pheonix" for crying out loud... I am so tired of waiting for this to happen...
    that's kind of thing with God like Mary Sues...they kind are better off being symbols.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fissiks View Post
    that's kind of thing with God like Mary Sues...they kind are better off being symbols.
    I don't think it's about Jean being a Mary sue, but about readers having high expectations from her and marvel being unable to oblige. With teen Jean you've got the excuse that she's young

BANNED

So when someone has sex with Maddie, thats pretty much like getting away with having sex with Jean Grey, right?shes a clone. There is nothing different genetically except attitudes and morality.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    So when someone has sex with Maddie, thats pretty much like getting away with having sex with Jean Grey, right?shes a clone. There is nothing different genetically except attitudes and morality.
    That's like saying when someone having sex with X 23 is banging Logan...
    Maddie is her own person and doesn't take comparisons with Jean lightly...

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    But if we fix that Nightcrawler then he'd be our Nightcrawler's superior since he'd have a soul

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    But if we fix that Nightcrawler then he'd be our Nightcrawler's superior since he'd have a soul
    Poor Kurt! I just want our fuzzy elf to be happy!