View Poll Results: Do you think Lois really died for good?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • She Dead

25 27.17%
  • She Not Dead

27 29.35%
  • Something more complicated.

40 43.48%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I like it. Diversity is greatly needed in the Superman world.
    Not build on Lois lane dead body
    Last edited by Tayswift; 09-09-2016 at 02:16 PM.

BANNED

The cover for issue #2 made sense because of Lana's nightmare in issue #2, and now on Comixology the cover for issue #3 has changed from what was originally solicited.

Now I'm sure that even if New 52 Lois does come back eventually, she won't be a starring character in Superwoman. She'll probably come back depowered and merge with Post-Crisis Lois, or something will happen that leaves Post-Crisis Lois as the only Lois in the main Universe.
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 09-30-2016 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    The cover for issue #2 made sense because of Lana's nightmare in issue #2, and now on Comixology the cover for issue #3 has changed from what was originally solicited.

Now I'm sure that even if New 52 Lois does come back eventually, she won't be a starring character in Superwoman. She'll probably come back depowered and merge with Post-Crisis Lois, or something will happen that leaves Post-Crisis Lois as the only Lois in the main Universe.
    The same of the first chapter of AC of rebirth... First N52 Superman vs Lex Luthor... Then Superdad.. The Super world is very misleading now.

Revelations. I mean, it was obvious that Lois sticking around wouldn't be the case. Just didn't expect it to happen so soon. I hope we can get some answers on what got her, though.

Whether it was obvious New 52 Lois had an expiration date or whether she shows back up eventually in some capacity are irrelevant to how well this has been handled, which has been abysmally. Lana is currently suffering from the same worrying nosebleeds, concerns about her existence, and is grief over her insta-pal Lois that Lois either already had or could have been written to have as easily as Lana was. The same story being told now could have been told with Lois as the lead except instead of grieving Lana, Lois and Lana could have both been grieving Clark and wondering about what happened to him and what is happening to them. If Lois was the one who ultimately had to go, then instead of a bait and switch quasi-fridging, the story could have developed Lois properly and treated any death of hers with respect. None of that happened. The book is defined by its needless retcons, contrivances, and gimmicks. It's awful.

I knew that third cover would be changed, as all it required was a lifting out and replacing of one layer. But I disagree that it was obvious NuLois wasn't sticking around before this. Hell, I don't even think its obvious yet that NuLous and NuSuperman are dead. There's still the possibility something else happened to them and they'll be back, somewhere, sometime. Obviously I have certain ideas which I personally feel are more likely over the other but its all just speculation at this point. So to me, it was a surprise that this happened altogether. Not just that it happened in a surprise twist in issue #1.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Lana and Lois may not always get along, but they feel ‘We can work together well and make the world a better place’…they don’t work from places of angst…They might interpret what that S means differently.
    This is from New York Comic-Con.

Lois returning now seems guaranteed.

I still don't know. I mean, with how they are so determined to stomp on the grave of the New 52 Superman and destroy any hopes in that regards, to me that rather conflicts with the idea of new 52 Lois coming back. So I'm still not convinced she's returning.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I still don't know. I mean, with how they are so determined to stomp on the grave of the New 52 Superman and destroy any hopes in that regards, to me that rather conflicts with the idea of new 52 Lois coming back. So I'm still not convinced she's returning.
    Me neither. And, to me, that quote about Lana and Lois working together posted above doesn't sound like anything more than a synopsis of what their dynamic was like in the first issue. Unless there is more to the quote that suggests some collaboration in the future, I remain skeptical. It doesn't really matter to me anyway, though. Lois was still essentially fridged and kept out of the story that was originally pushed as starring her as the lead. To have her role reduced first to a plot device who's killed off and unseen, even in swapped out covers, for several months only to possibly return as a supporting character to Lana and who may still have an expiration date given her double status is not a Lois story I want to read about. The damage is done.

There's ALWAYS Hope ...

This is from New York Comic-Con.

Lois returning now seems guaranteed.
    This is good news, if it means that the Lois who was the first SuperWoman is returning - alongside the classic Lois, who has returned to the Daily Planet ...

Do you have any links to the story from the Comic-Con, please?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post
    This is good news, if it means that the Lois who was the first SuperWoman is returning - alongside the classic Lois, who has returned to the Daily Planet ...

Do you have any links to the story from the Comic-Con, please?
    http://www.cbr.com/nycc-dcs-superman...s-independent/

The portion about Superwoman is below the originally solicited cover for issue #3.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    Me neither. And, to me, that quote about Lana and Lois working together posted above doesn't sound like anything more than a synopsis of what their dynamic was like in the first issue. Unless there is more to the quote that suggests some collaboration in the future, I remain skeptical. It doesn't really matter to me anyway, though. Lois was still essentially fridged and kept out of the story that was originally pushed as starring her as the lead. To have her role reduced first to a plot device who's killed off and unseen, even in swapped out covers, for several months only to possibly return as a supporting character to Lana and who may still have an expiration date given her double status is not a Lois story I want to read about. The damage is done.
    Jimenez seems trying to save this book. He also said " this book was more about Superwoman than Lana"

If I had to take a guess, I think what's really going to happen is something like this: we get some flashbacks of Lana and Lois working together before the events of the first issue. What they do didn't have much public awareness hence the two Superwomen being a new deal to everyone else by the time of the first issue. But, they did do some things together, and that's where their relationship will be built. Or...and I'm not saying I'm championing this, but her current mental state, and knowing how mental illness is playing into Lana's character...I could almost see a situation where she develops a multiple personality disorder and another personality acts as Lois. Again I'm not suggesting I'd like this, in fact I think I wouldn't as its taking a more exaggerated view of a mental health issue where the appeal to me as of now is a real, grounded anxiety issue, but it wouldn't really surprise me.

But I am very very skeptical still on the idea of the New 52 Lois simply coming back. If New 52 Superman is simply gone and forgotten, no questions asked (as Tomasi seemed to make incredibly clear at the con), then I see no reason why then the New 52 version of Lois would be on the table. So I don't disbelieve that the relationship of Lana and Lois will continue to be explored, but I think the method of exploring it will be done in different ways in the narrative.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-06-2016 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If I had to take a guess, I think what's really going to happen is something like this: we get some flashbacks of Lana and Lois working together before the events of the first issue. What they do didn't have much public awareness hence the two Superwomen being a new deal to everyone else by the time of the first issue. But, they did do some things together, and that's where their relationship will be built. Or...and I'm not saying I'm championing this, but her current mental state, and knowing how mental illness is playing into Lana's character...I could almost see a situation where she develops a multiple personality disorder and another personality acts as Lois. Again I'm not suggesting I'd like this, in fact I think I wouldn't as its taking a more exaggerated view of a mental health issue where the appeal to me as of now is a real, grounded anxiety issue, but it wouldn't really surprise me.

But I am very very skeptical still on the idea of the New 52 Lois simply coming back. If New 52 Superman is simply gone and forgotten, no questions asked (as Tomasi seemed to make incredibly clear at the con), then I see no reason why then the New 52 version of Lois would be on the table. So I don't disbelieve that the relationship of Lana and Lois will continue to be explored, but I think the method of exploring it will be done in different ways in the narrative.
    Didn't sound like a "he's never coming back" but more of a "don't worry about it." Not that big a difference but we still do have a mystery that needs solving