View Poll Results: Do you think Lois really died for good?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • She Dead

25 27.17%
  • She Not Dead

27 29.35%
  • Something more complicated.

40 43.48%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I don't think she is dead. Heck the cover of second issue is her getting out of a grave. In this case it might be more literal.

Formally: The Adventurer Jim Purcell's Avatar

Strickly speaking it's not actually clear that Lois is 'dead'? So I don't know how we can assume something we don't yet know can 'stick'.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    I don't think she is dead. Heck the cover of second issue is her getting out of a grave. In this case it might be more literal.

Nice interpretation. (Also a very nice cover).

Incredible Member

Red Eyes might indicate its Lana in Lois form.

Lana doesn't even need to shapeshift into a Lois form. She can just create a hologram or the like that looks like Lois. Its all photons and she got energy powers.

They should totes bring back Sharon so she can be her Superwoman Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    Red Eyes might indicate its Lana in Lois form.

Lana doesn't even need to shapeshift into a Lois form. She can just create a hologram or the like that looks like Lois. Its all photons and she got energy powers.

They should totes bring back Sharon so she can be her Superwoman Blue.
    Red eyes are just indicative of heat vision. Lana isn't brunette last I checked.

I think its more indicative that she's gone as opposed to being indicative of her coming back for the time being. Again I can't stress enough I don't believe for a second she's dead, she's been taken somewhere, but as far as Lana will know for quite some time she's dead just like everyone thinks Superman is dead.

This could end up quite the visceral psychological tale. Its almost as if the pieces are being set up for Lana to have a breakdown.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Rising from a grave means you're dead and gone?

I don't see the cover depicting her rising. I see it as her being dragged down.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post

Covers can always be misleading.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I voted "Something more complicated". I don't think she's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I voted "Something more complicated". I don't think she's dead.
    But if she isn't dead than neither is New 52 Superman so there's that, Maybe they both got transported somewhere and maybe they are Pre New 52 Lois and Clark like Sacred Knight has said but if that's not the case they're both dead for real. And I know they aren't sticking with two Lois Lanes for long so if the New 52 versions aren't the same as the Pre New 52 versions than they are staying dead which I hope isn't' the case.
    Last edited by GSman; 08-11-2016 at 04:02 AM.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Not a chance. Not because DC wouldn't be cool with killing off Lois, or the bait-and-switch...but c'mon. Hero shockingly dies at the end of the issue? How does that always end? The cover posted above gives a pretty solid answer, as does the cover for #3:

They wouldn't go out of their way to establish a character dynamic between Lana and Lois, and a *one's good at this, the other's good at that* dynamic, and establish the mystery of how Lois is connected to Superman's death, and go "actually, the main character of the book is secretly a much less well-known and bankable character with a less iconic hook who doesn't have the immediate, obvious idea of 'Lois is the new Superman' going for her. We're dropping all that stuff and the ongoing mystery to focus purely on the continuation of one of the most routinely mocked periods in the history of the franchise". Lois'll be back or on her way back by the end of the next issue.
    Buh-bye

But even if it is a fake out something will happen to New 52 Lois down the line she won't be around forever since they're giving Pre New 52 Lois her old job back, and we all know they have no intention of sticking with two Lois Lanes and there's only gonna be one eventually and it's gonna be Pre New 52 Lois so they might not get rid of New 52 Lois this soon but eventually they will just like with New 52 Superman it's only a matter of when.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    But if she isn't dead than neither is New 52 Superman so there's that, Maybe they both got transported somewhere and maybe they are Pre New 52 Lois and Clark like Sacred Knight has said but if that's not the case they're both dead for real. And I know they aren't sticking with two Lois Lanes for long so if the New 52 versions aren't the same as the Pre New 52 versions than they are staying dead which I hope isn't' the case.
    I dunno... we'll find out in the coming months what happened to her and to Superman. Honestly, I think it's a waste of time to wonder about what are DC's long term plans because they've proven many times to be unable to follow their "plans" for more than six months.

Phil Jimenez speak about this:

Very grateful for the #Superwoman love today. For those concerned about LL, the old cliche holds -- it ain't over til it's over!

https://twitter.com/Philjimeneznyc/s...61782774525952

She isnīt dead... FOR NOW..