View Poll Results: Do you think Lois really died for good?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • She Dead

25 27.17%
  • She Not Dead

27 29.35%
  • Something more complicated.

40 43.48%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Phil Jimenez speak about this:

Very grateful for the #Superwoman love today. For those concerned about LL, the old cliche holds -- it ain't over til it's over!

https://twitter.com/Philjimeneznyc/s...61782774525952

She isnīt dead... FOR NOW..
    But which LL is he talking about ?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    But which LL is he talking about ?
    In the end it did not matter... even if "she rise again" the mistake of use Lois Lane, it will be the end of this character...

DAMN Convergence, Lois/Clark, Rebirth and Superdad Family... ALL Superman World only serves for pre-flashpoint for readers... Something similar with Wonderwoman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Not a chance. Not because DC wouldn't be cool with killing off Lois, or the bait-and-switch...but c'mon. Hero shockingly dies at the end of the issue? How does that always end? The cover posted above gives a pretty solid answer, as does the cover for #3:

They wouldn't go out of their way to establish a character dynamic between Lana and Lois, and a *one's good at this, the other's good at that* dynamic, and establish the mystery of how Lois is connected to Superman's death, and go "actually, the main character of the book is secretly a much less well-known and bankable character with a less iconic hook who doesn't have the immediate, obvious idea of 'Lois is the new Superman' going for her. We're dropping all that stuff and the ongoing mystery to focus purely on the continuation of one of the most routinely mocked periods in the history of the franchise". Lois'll be back or on her way back by the end of the next issue.
    there isn't dynamic about who is good at this and who is good at this. Lana is good at everything, and lois is just there.

well editorial and male readers are in love with mary sue lana, so I don't really doubt it

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Phil Jimenez to an upset Lois fan on twitter: "I am sorry you took it so hard and I'm grateful that you shared with me why. I know what's ahead and that gives me different perspective. Still, it's never my intention to hurt fans of comics. I hope I can make it up to you one day."

https://twitter.com/Philjimeneznyc/with_replies

BANNED

make up for you one day

this doesn't inspire confiance for me

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCoyote View Post
    Totally Dead, but that's okay. She wasn't REALLY Lois just like N52 Supes wasn't Superman. Maybe they're tied to them somehow, but as a seperate Lois Lane she is gone.

So it's gonna be complicated, but no more N52 Lois or Clark
    I, for one, HOPE that it's this.

I don't think she's dead. It's some kind of fake-out - they wouldn't have show-cased that Loise nose-bleed in that case - it has to be something revealed later, as to why she's dying.

Or, alternatively, if she did die - she actually became ENERGY, and is now, an uh... Part of Lana! 0_o Meaning that henceforth, when Lana transforms into Superwoman, she becomes LOIS!

Formally: The Adventurer Jim Purcell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    I don't think she's dead. It's some kind of fake-out - they wouldn't have show-cased that Loise nose-bleed in that case - it has to be something revealed later, as to why she's dying.

Or, alternatively, if she did die - she actually became ENERGY, and is now, an uh... Part of Lana! 0_o Meaning that henceforth, when Lana transforms into Superwoman, she becomes LOIS!
    Having Lana and Lois 'Shazaming' between each other would be incredible. Especially since they work for competing News Papers!

Edit: though I suppose characters like Firestorm have done this sort of thing before?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

"all I can promise is that Lois' story is hardly over (as far as I'm concerned)."

https://twitter.com/Philjimeneznyc/s...66447483092992

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    "all I can promise is that Lois' story is hardly over (as far as I'm concerned)."

https://twitter.com/Philjimeneznyc/s...66447483092992
    That's funny. Lois didn't have a story in the New 52 or in the first issue of Superwoman to begin with. I'd love to read a Lois story. Where can I find one?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I think all I'll say is that if Lois does come back next she might stay for a while. But I genuinely doubt she'll keep this book. That doesn't mean the book will be going away though. I think Lana is being set up as the person who's gonna have the book long term after Lois.

It's just gonna be strange to reconcile the fact that Lois seemed to get what happened to Clark. That's supposed to be a mystery for a little while longer is what I thought. When she comes back, doesn't she explain the situation to Clark's best friend?

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I think all I'll say is that if Lois does come back next she might stay for a while. But I genuinely doubt she'll keep this book. That doesn't mean the book will be going away though. I think Lana is being set up as the person who's gonna have the book long term after Lois.

It's just gonna be strange to reconcile the fact that Lois seemed to get what happened to Clark. That's supposed to be a mystery for a little while longer is what I thought. When she comes back, doesn't she explain the situation to Clark's best friend?
    If Lana Lang gets a solo title in this millennium before Lois Lane, then I'm done with DC. I was okay with this book as a stopgap measure to explain what happens to New 52 Lois after her New 52 died, but the idea of turning Superman's supporting cast into a cast of all superpowered heroes is not my cup of tea. I would even go so far as to say it damages the mythology. Neither Lana nor Lois should be a superhero for any sort of extended period of time. Their greatness, charm, and value comes from showing how ordinary people can be extraordinary.

If any New 52 fans had a problem with the way Superdad replaced New 52 Superman, then I cannot see how this scenario works for you. The way Lois Lane's swan song is being handled is awful so far, and only continues to compound the problems with the company's treatment of the character since 2011. Lana Lang has consistently benefited from the mishandling and marginalization of New 52 Lois Lane. Superwoman is shaping up to continue the trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

I suppose she would - but I also suppose the writers will make it so that it's a secret that cannot be shared - until the time is right.

Hence, there will be increased tension between Lana and Lois for quite some time!

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    If Lana Lang gets a solo title in this millennium before Lois Lane, then I'm done with DC.
    This book doesn't seem to be a limited run, so it has to go to someone who doesn't have an expiration date. The other woman named Superwoman seems the obvious answer.

Neither Lana nor Lois should be a superhero for any sort of extended period of time. Their greatness, charm, and value comes from showing how ordinary people can be extraordinary.
    Yeah I totally agree. I know I wouldn't want a Jimmy book where he has powers (though now that I think about it a book about him getting a new power everyday would really fit him...) But anyways I basically agree.

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    I suppose she would - but I also suppose the writers will make it so that it's a secret that cannot be shared - until the time is right.

Hence, there will be increased tension between Lana and Lois for quite some time!
    Depending on how it's done that could be cool. It would also explain why Lois gives up her job to mama Lois in Superman issue 2 when she sends the package. Maybe she speaks with Oz or something?