View Poll Results: Do you think Lois really died for good?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • She Dead

25 27.17%
  • She Not Dead

27 29.35%
  • Something more complicated.

40 43.48%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    This book doesn't seem to be a limited run, so it has to go to someone who doesn't have an expiration date. The other woman named Superwoman seems the obvious answer.
    If it is the answer, then I'm done. I've heard plenty of behind the scenes horror stories about the hows and the whys explaining DC's horrific treatment of Lois Lane as a character for years now, but if this is their next move, then I'm done with DC Comics. This is NOT OKAY. This is not a GOOD IDEA. You're describing a solution to a problem DC created for themselves. This title could have always been a solo title for Mama Lois after New 52 Lois disappeared along with her New 52 Superman. The only person who should take over the book is Lois Lane. Lois can replace Lois. Lois can be a Superwoman because she's an investigative reporter, wife, and mother. If DC wants a superpowered Lana, then create a Steel or Superfamily title for her and other characters like her.

Yeah I totally agree. I know I wouldn't want a Jimmy book where he has powers (though now that I think about it a book about him getting a new power everyday would really fit him...) But anyways I basically agree.
    DC manages to completely miss the point with Superman mythology. World building, character development, and supporting characters have been struggling under this company's stewardship for far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    there isn't dynamic about who is good at this and who is good at this. Lana is good at everything, and lois is just there.

well editorial and male readers are in love with mary sue lana, so I don't really doubt it
    That's a lot to general. I don't like this version of Lana and I have boy parts lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Phil Jimenez to an upset Lois fan on twitter: "I am sorry you took it so hard and I'm grateful that you shared with me why. I know what's ahead and that gives me different perspective. Still, it's never my intention to hurt fans of comics. I hope I can make it up to you one day."

https://twitter.com/Philjimeneznyc/with_replies
    He seems like a pretty classy guy and I'm glad he's back at DC. I feel we owe him for all the amazing work over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    The only person who should take over the book is Lois Lane. Lois can replace Lois. Lois can be a Superwoman because she's an investigative reporter, wife, and mother. If DC wants a superpowered Lana, then create a Steel or Superfamily title for her and other characters like her.
    DC manages to completely miss the point with Superman mythology. World building, character development, and supporting characters have been struggling under this company's stewardship for far too long.
    I for one would Love a Lois Lane solo title sans superpowers. As much as you may have wanted Superwoman to focus on a Lois you have to admit she's in the main Superman books a whole lot more than the new 52 runs. I don't like Super Lana, but I do think it's still world building, just with different characters to spread the love around. I'll go so far as to say I think it's a mistake to permanently give anyone of Superman's human supporting cast powers.

..According Jimenez exist surprises in the first 3 issues.. some of them related with the rebirth(bad thing)

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

If it is the answer, then I'm done. I've heard plenty of behind the scenes horror stories about the hows and the whys explaining DC's horrific treatment of Lois Lane as a character for years now, but if this is their next move, then I'm done with DC Comics. This is NOT OKAY. This is not a GOOD IDEA. You're describing a solution to a problem DC created for themselves. This title could have always been a solo title for Mama Lois after New 52 Lois disappeared along with her New 52 Superman. The only person who should take over the book is Lois Lane. Lois can replace Lois. Lois can be a Superwoman because she's an investigative reporter, wife, and mother. If DC wants a superpowered Lana, then create a Steel or Superfamily title for her and other characters like her.
    Yeah I'm totally smellin what you're steppin in. I'd be completely down for a Superwoman book where the title was more symbolic than anything. Have it be about Mama Lois dealing with being an investigative reporter, wife to basically the president of superheroes, and mother to the next generation of heroes. That sounds compelling as hell honestly.

I'd also be more than down for a sort of anthology Superman family book that takes a look at the super characters without books of their own. Jimmy, Steel, and Lana could be the focus. Take us back to the more condensed and face 25 cent style comics. Give us a pulp flavor that Lana and Steel seem to have going for them in the new 52. Or make it DC's answer to indy books like Wicked and the Divine. A fun off beat look at the DCU that takes advantage of the larger history coming in from Rebirth.

In a perfect world we've got both these books along with Superman, Action, Super Sons, and Trinity.

But for now it seems DC doesn't have faith in a Lois without powers book. And like I said the Lois with powers has a death clock above her head and a book that will need a new main character named Superwoman.

The Rebirth Superman books seem to be on track to fix some of this, but it's slow moving. I think Superman is doing a good job so far, and Action looks like it's gonna devote an arc to Lois as a supporting character to firmly establish her in the world outside the farm.

Lets just pray that as time goes on a nice balance is struck, because no matter how into supporting cast I am, I still think Superman's story remains top priority in his books. The supporting cast should be strengthened at least partly in service of the main character in some way. That said, I still like a bit random fleshing out just for the sake of deepening the world around the main character.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I for one would Love a Lois Lane solo title sans superpowers. As much as you may have wanted Superwoman to focus on a Lois you have to admit she's in the main Superman books a whole lot more than the new 52 runs. I don't like Super Lana, but I do think it's still world building, just with different characters to spread the love around. I'll go so far as to say I think it's a mistake to permanently give anyone of Superman's human supporting cast powers.
    I agree with this, but a good writer could convince me to buy a book where Jimmy has been cursed to gain a random seemingly useless power everyday for the rest of his life or until they fix him. I've always liked this underlying idea that Jimmy isn't quite comfortable in his own skin as is. The idea that he almost seeks out these fantastic situations as an escape from his averageness.

I think there's a whole lot to work with there. Fun metaphors for the awkwardness of being a teen or aimlessness of being in your early 20s. Jimmy is that way in. I've been ready for a strange off beat solo book with him as the star since forever. Rebirth's resurrection of DC history (Jimenez even said that because of Rebirth they're now allowed to "do funny") seems like the right time for at least a mini or maxi for Jim.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    That's a lot to general. I don't like this version of Lana and I have boy parts lol.
    there is always a first

BANNED

If DC wanted old Lois could even have powers and be on superwoman book if they wanted.

it is a serious problem that Lois can never be solo, even lana can go. editorial, eddie berganza have so much hate for the character.

new 52 was a way to show lois (that was bullshit for sure), than after new 52 when they have a chance to do a solo they gave it to parasite Lana.

I really want DCWKA to spill out everything she knows about Lois suffering at DC editorial
    But for now it seems DC doesn't have faith in a Lois without powers book. And like I said the Lois with powers has a death clock above her head and a book that will need a new main character named Superwoman.
    DC simply doesn't want to give Lois a solo book. they had Lois with powers ready to be the lead.

put Lana even with powers is more risk than Lois without powers, no wonder they mislead and market this as Lois solo

meanwhile Lois have 3 YA books and without powers.
    Lets just pray that as time goes on a nice balance is struck, because no matter how into supporting cast I am, I still think Superman's story remains top priority in his books. The supporting cast should be strengthened at least partly in service of the main character in some way. That said, I still like a bit random fleshing out just for the sake of deepening the world around the main character.
    tha tis why lois should have a solo
    Last edited by Tayswift; 08-11-2016 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    DC simply doesn't want to give Lois a solo book. they had Lois with powers ready to be the lead.
    Giving New 52 Lois a book while DC is actively trying to phase out New 52 stuff in favor of pre-52/Rebirth stuff was suspect to begin with honestly. New 52 Lois basically has a death clock above her head like New 52 Clark did. Giving her a book that was ongoing was almost inviting another character to take it over afterwards.

Lois could come back next issue and stick it out for a year or so, but it just doesn't seem likely that they'd keep her when there is a clear push for more classic takes on Clark and Lois. They put themselves in a position where Lana is likely to get the title by default.

BANNED

It'll be curious to see how Lois's sudden revelation regarding New 52 Superman will be handled, if she does come back in the next issue.
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 08-11-2016 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    It'll be curious to see how Lois's sudden revelation regarding New 52 Superman will be handled, if she does come back in the next issue.
    See that's the thing. How do you handle that without random memory erase, or unclear secret keeping?

Eh, nevermind, not the place for a public rant, just don't like seeing my name mentioned on other sites disparagingly by internet trolls I don't know.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-11-2016 at 05:33 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Giving New 52 Lois a book while DC is actively trying to phase out New 52 stuff in favor of pre-52/Rebirth stuff was suspect to begin with honestly. New 52 Lois basically has a death clock above her head like New 52 Clark did. Giving her a book that was ongoing was almost inviting another character to take it over afterwards.

Lois could come back next issue and stick it out for a year or so, but it just doesn't seem likely that they'd keep her when there is a clear push for more classic takes on Clark and Lois. They put themselves in a position where Lana is likely to get the title by default.
    that still don't justify why market it as Lois superwoman. I don't see any problem of having new 52 as superwoman on a solo will outshine and take away from pre52 Lois.
    maLois will already get on daily planet, so I don't see why another one on a different role would be awful. they aren't exactly same character and are on different ositions on their own life.
    Just cancel the book when sales go down or pass the matle to her sister Lucy, but never to insuferable lana

Marvel just made possible have two gwens with solo books, if you have something popular you can double down as long as different concepts.

so let's suppose they wanted to give up on new 52 lois, at least give her a heroic dead not be fridge to advance lana story.
    Then why not give maLois the powers? so we have a Lois solo but with powers.

but well the editor loves Lana, so it is lana stealing lois place again

a solo for Lois is long due even before ne 52

I think that's the rub though...I think they ARE exactly the same character. I don't think they're getting rid of her, giving up on her, or anything like that. This is all a progressive narrative leading to the reveal that they're the same versions all along, in the same place at the same time only because of time travel. They can't say that right now and give it all away, so they're going to have to play it like she's dead and just give the occasional hint that all might not be as it seems, same as they did with New 52 Superman's "death".

Thus once all is revealed this will be more justified. Once the operating masquerade that the Lois's were two different beings is done, we'll see this for what it is; the first step in Lois's journey to become who she is in the main Superman books. The reporter (soon), the wife, and the mother. Hell this is what Lois fans have wanted again for five years. So they got that back and more with the addition of her being a mother. Lana has none of those things because she didnt' end up with Clark. So it will make more sense when all is said and done why this was for Lana instead of Lois. That's still not giving a pass for the advertising method they chose though, I get that complaint.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-11-2016 at 06:35 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El