Default Action Comics 961 spoilers

This issue was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed Lex looking down on Superman and Wonder Woman for leaving with Doomsday and thinking of Metropolis as his, Thinking he's the better hero for staying and cleaning up the mess. I also liked Superman Telling Diana that he trusted her with his family and all the emotional beats that went in to him separating from his family to face down Doomsday again. The kid is especially well written this issue and I loved his reaction to the JLA watchtower.

I wonder if next issue we'll get a conversation between Superman and the men removing Doomsday or if they go through the portal with him.

Art was top notch I really love everyone doing art on the Superman titles

The other Clark thing is pretty interesting. Wonder if that will somehow play into Supes getting back his secret identity.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I think he will. If I was guessing I'd say he was like the old Superman robots, just in reverse, a Clark Kent robot. It would be cool because he'd be able to use them in the future. It may have been made by New 52 Superman while he was alive trying to figure out a way to get his secret identity back. Superman robots were more pre-crisis but I'm thinking it was easier do do a Clark one with no powers.

Incredible Member

The ending seems parallel to the Metropolis part of the first Doomsday fight.

Original: Superman fights in Metropolis, alone, full of people, hi-tech military dudes try to help (ineffectively), plays Doomsday's game, "wins" and dies.

Parallel: Superman fights outside Metropolis, with help (Wonder Woman), away from people, hi-tech military dudes try to help (effectively?), doesn't play Doomsday's game, loses, still alive.

Am I just seeing things?

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    The ending seems parallel to the Metropolis part of the first Doomsday fight.

Original: Superman fights in Metropolis, alone, full of people, hi-tech military dudes try to help (ineffectively), plays Doomsday's game, "wins" and dies.

Parallel: Superman fights outside Metropolis, with help (Wonder Woman), away from people, hi-tech military dudes try to help (effectively?), doesn't play Doomsday's game, loses, still alive.

Am I just seeing things?
    I don't think that you are? It does seem to be doing just that not that I mind it. It feels like not only a callback to that fight but also as if that event was echoing through time somehow. I wonder if Oz is pulling events from the missing ten years and dropping them back into the timeline at another point to assess the reactions and strength of the people involved. To me it feels like there's a huge experiment being run here and the Super family are the lab rats.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Astonishing Member

Action is still good. I don't think it's gotten bogged yet, though the four-issue-fight-scene stuff is definitely taking our attention away from the cooler elements of the first couple issues, like seeing Jimmy be the bravest photographer on Earth and Maggie back at the head of the SCU. (Is she Metropolis's Commish now?) Obviously this Doomsday fracas is meant to be ominous and play at the Oz stuff and give us a look at Superman and his familial relations with some tangential stuff like Wonder Woman's reaction to Classic Supes and so on and so forth. But I'm always more interested in B-Plots and they've shifted out of focus for a couple weeks in a row and I'm eager to get back to them. But man oh man, the biweekly schedule really works for me because while I'm ready to get back to the B-Plots, I don't feel like I've been waiting forever and will never get it. I feel hopeful that I'll see Jimmy or Maggie again next week or so, and that the big pow-wow story arc will wrap soon and we'll get back to exploring the new corners of Metropolis.

Still in it.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I don't think that you are? It does seem to be doing just that not that I mind it. It feels like not only a callback to that fight but also as if that event was echoing through time somehow. I wonder if Oz is pulling events from the missing ten years and dropping them back into the timeline at another point to assess the reactions and strength of the people involved. To me it feels like there's a huge experiment being run here and the Super family are the lab rats.
    That's an interesting Idea. If Oz thought the heroes needed some of the removed life experiences in order to defeat Doctor Manhattan. Superman and his family do seem to be the center of the two year story. I'm still wondering how long it will take for him to have a confrontation with Oz. I'm just not sure if they will get brought together because he's a focal point, or if Bruce and Barry will hunt him down to pull in the rest of the Justice League. I think I'd prefer Superman meeting him first.