Super Moderator

Default "Legends of Tomorrow's" Vixen Unleashes the Beast in First Photo

Maisie Richardson-Seller's Vixen channels the power of her ancient totem in the first photo of the character from "Legends of Tomorrow."

Full article here.

i'm excited for vixen, but i'm not necessarily excited to see a vixen who isn't mari mccabe.

understood that the other vixen actress wasn't available. but in that case, they should have simply re-cast her. no need to be unnecessary and complicate matters.

BANNED

Nice loo, but will it affect Future Vixen appearance given that Mari doesn't know her grandmother that well ?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    i'm excited for vixen, but i'm not necessarily excited to see a vixen who isn't mari mccabe.

understood that the other vixen actress wasn't available. but in that case, they should have simply re-cast her. no need to be unnecessary and complicate matters.
    Because that would also mean recasting her for the animated show. Anyway it's not like a show about time travel doesn't already complicated

I don't think i like the costume; it definitely looks like it came from the 40's.

Fantastic Member

Don't get me wrong...I love most everything about the Arrowverse...but the JSA is near and dear to me and so far they have dropped the ball in almost every way possible with the Golden Age Characters. I have been a fan of them ever since All-Star Squadron and Young All Stars. Jay is not from Earth 3 (should be Earth 2) and he's a member of the JSA...they got both of those wrong here. The Hawkman and Hawkwoman they used on the show are from Earth 2...not Earth 1 and are members of the JSA (and All Star Squadron). How could Smallville get the GA characters so right and these guys get them SOOOOOOOO FKNG WRONG? Vixen was never in the JSA! Obsidian and Steel were both members of Infinity Inc. Constantine introduced Dr Fate and the Specter...where are they?
    ngN

It's kind of funny how much her costume resembles Mari's when Mari didn't design that until decades later and with no clue about her grandmother .

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRain666 View Post
    Don't get me wrong...I love most everything about the Arrowverse...but the JSA is near and dear to me and so far they have dropped the ball in almost every way possible with the Golden Age Characters. I have been a fan of them ever since All-Star Squadron and Young All Stars. Jay is not from Earth 3 (should be Earth 2) and he's a member of the JSA...they got both of those wrong here. The Hawkman and Hawkwoman they used on the show are from Earth 2...not Earth 1 and are members of the JSA (and All Star Squadron). How could Smallville get the GA characters so right and these guys get them SOOOOOOOO FKNG WRONG? Vixen was never in the JSA! Obsidian and Steel were both members of Infinity Inc. Constantine introduced Dr Fate and the Specter...where are they?
    ngN
    Nothing you see on TV or movies is going to be an exact replica of what's in the comics. Some changes will be good, some will be bad, some won't matter. But complaining that it's not the comic book JSA is pointless.

Sandy Hausler

I dont understand why when comic stuff gets made for tv or film the creators just refuse to bring over some of the easiest things that make the characters recognizable.

Why do both of the Vixens dont have short hair?

Yes, i know she had long hair during first appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's kind of funny how much her costume resembles Mari's when Mari didn't design that until decades later and with no clue about her grandmother .
    Well, the neck piece is definitely different, which makes me wonder how mari gets the upgraded version.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Nothing you see on TV or movies is going to be an exact replica of what's in the comics. Some changes will be good, some will be bad, some won't matter. But complaining that it's not the comic book JSA is pointless.

Sandy Hausler
    Smallville got it spot on....thats the only place they got it right. Even if it was just cameos. This is the JSA in name only in the Arrowverse. They totally fucked Jay up making him be Henry from Earth 3.

BANNED

Not crazy about the costume, but I think the actress could do a solid job with the character.