Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

I really hope Kara sings 'It's Super-Nice' from the Superman musical!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    I don't get it, DC shows have been featuring musical items since back in those days of DCAU

that is a cartoon most of the time they hire singers to do the voice role like the Lion King and The Prince of Egypt. either way this is the dumbest decision the producers make i hope it doesn't bite them in the long run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBatman82 View Post
    that is a cartoon most of the time they hire singers to do the voice role like the Lion King and The Prince of Egypt. either way this is the dumbest decision the producers make i hope it doesn't bite them in the long run.
    As much as I'm not a fan of the music episode idea, I think the decision to basically do a straight repeat of Season One's Reverse Flash storyline with Zoom was actually a worse decision. The musical will only take up one episode, but the missteps they made with the Zoom story were resident throughout the entire season.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    As much as I'm not a fan of the music episode idea, I think the decision to basically do a straight repeat of Season One's Reverse Flash storyline with Zoom was actually a worse decision. The musical will only take up one episode, but the missteps they made with the Zoom story were resident throughout the entire season.
    yes you do have a point about the repeated villain and they could have focused on the rogues. it wasn't as intense as the first season i hope they correct that but making a musical episode is already showing doubts. i hope the dip in ratings is only temporary for that episode

BANNED

yes you do have a point about the repeated villain and they could have focused on the rogues. it wasn't as intense as the first season i hope they correct that but making a musical episode is already showing doubts. i hope the dip in ratings is only temporary for that episode
    I think you're seriously overestimating the negative fallout from the musical episode. At worst, a small handful of regular viewers may skip that one week, but I expect most of the people who aren't crazy about the idea (myself included) will probably watch anyway, if only not to risk missing any significant plot developments. In the grad scheme of things, it's unlikely to have any lasting effects on the show's health. Ultimately, it's really not that big a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I think you're seriously overestimating the negative fallout from the musical episode. At worst, a small handful of regular viewers may skip that one week, but I expect most of the people who aren't crazy about the idea (myself included) will probably watch anyway, if only not to risk missing any significant plot developments. In the grad scheme of things, it's unlikely to have any lasting effects on the show's health. Ultimately, it's really not that big a deal.
    Has anyone considered this may actually boost the ratings? First off, it's a cross-over. Any cross-over usually gets a boost in the ratings. Second people that were fans of Glee or musicals in general but hadn't been watching either show may just tune in to see what their favorite stars are up to these days. I doubt there are enough music haters to seriously impact the ratings in a negative way. I think it is a very tiny but very vocal minority that is doing all the complaining. Probably a few dozen at most out of the millions who watch either show.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Has anyone considered this may actually boost the ratings? First off, it's a cross-over. Any cross-over usually gets a boost in the ratings. Second people that were fans of Glee or musicals in general but hadn't been watching either show may just tune in to see what their favorite stars are up to these days. I doubt there are enough music haters to seriously impact the ratings in a negative way. I think it is a very tiny but very vocal minority that is doing all the complaining. Probably a few dozen at most out of the millions who watch either show.
    Depends on how much of Supergirl's CBS audience follows her to CW. The show pulled in larger viewer numbers on CBS than any of the CW-verse shows did, but I expect those base numbers to fall off when the show moves to CW. But even if there is a ratings bump, it'll likely only be for the duration of the crossover. Like I said, the musical episode is unlikely to have any lasting effects on the show's health--positive or negative.

And branding anyone who's not on board with this a "music hater" is just as judgemental and reactionary as claiming anyone who criticizes a show's weak points is "not a fan." I love music, but Flash and Supergirl are not musicals and I don't particularly want them to be. It's that simple, really.

Incredible Member

Yeah, if only The Flash had some singers amongst the cast. It's not like Grant Gustin, Tom Cavanagh, or Jesse L. Martin have been on Broadway, right? Or that Carlos Valdes has musical, theatrical experience? Keiynan Lonsdale and Tom Felton have both also dabbled in music. Plus, it could be a chance to get Andy Mientus (Pied Piper) to return for the episode, he's also been on Broadway.

Supergirl also has its share of people with singing talent, so it's not like they're lacking it here. They may not be Taylor Swift/Justin Bieber/etc. but the cast is still made up of many singers.