Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default If you could write two titles for DC...

Which two would you write?

Cyborg

Young Justice

Ultimate Member

Hmm...I guess JLA would be an obvious answer, but I'd be afraid of editorial so I say...

The Doom Patrol

and I'd re-invent the Creeper

Dr. Fate for sure. There is an Inza Nelson story in me somewhere. I think positioning Inza as the force of balance was a brilliant move and should be a cornerstone of Dr. Fate lore. She is one of the few who tried to enact progressive change rather than be a reactive force like almost all superheroes. I think this a very important function and the DCU really could use her initiative.

Being a big fan of The Question, I'd like to think I have a Vic Sage story in me but what O'Neil did was quite complete. Until Veitch came along and kicked a door open. I'd like to tell a story where that one left off. Montoya as the Question was one of the better Vic Sage stories but I think she dropped the ball. We need to put Vic back in the driver's seat with Montoya as a collaborator who occasionally dons the no-face mask.
    Last edited by Ulysses; 08-11-2016 at 06:49 PM.

Vixen

Bronze Tiger

Suicide Squad- I would probably do away with the idea that we have a main consistant cast besides Flag and Waller, it doesn't exactly make sense to me that we keep the same three main villains all the time. I would use lesser known villains or completely new characters and have the team line-up be created depending on the mission the team is going on. I mean who would send a crocodile or Shark man on a sensitive stealth mission.

Superboy- Who doesn't want to write a story about an up and coming teenage clone or son of Superman who is working hard to be a good hero just like Superman.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

If I were ever lucky enough to actually write anything for DC I can honestly say I would never go after any of the A or even B list character out of fear of attracting crazy fanboys ire. I would instead ask for a lesser known character to write for. Probably would want to write a Captain Carrot or Ragman book.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

The Flash, and Justice League.

Cyborg: I would get him away from that tired trope of "have I lost my humanity?!?".

The Doom Patrol: I'd try to combine the fun wacky Silver Age with Morrison's mind bending stories.

Spectacular Member CaptainLiberty76's Avatar

1. World's Finest focusing on the adventures of Supergirl and Batgirl with a mix-in occasionally of Power Girl and Huntress and supporting cast guest appearances of Steel, Nightwing and Superman and Batman. Shake well and serve up mind-blowing self-contained stories.

2. House of Mystery showcasing the greatest Detectives of DC (one or two at a time) actually demonstrating deductive reasoning and searching out clues to solve some of the most puzzling conundrums of the DCU.

Added Bonus: since DC has the H-B characters I'd really love to do a series on the Herculoids mixing sci-fi with sword and sorcery (sort of classic Flash Gordon meets Conan the Barbarian). Sci-fi savagery at its best!!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Superman

The Legion of Superheroes

Spectacular Member Earth-2 Refugee's Avatar

New Earth-2
    This would be a flat out reboot of Earth-2, reinventing the vast history of the JSA, Golden Age heroes, and Golden Age mythology to create new epics.

The Talon
    This is one of my favorite books from the New 52, and I have a lot of ideas for where the character can go. Maybe even have a rotating cast of Batman Inc. members guest starring in every other story arc or something like that.

Wonder Girl (or Bunker)

&

Stargirl

Incredible Member

Black Lightning. Stripped down to his original basics. Divorced. No kids. Teacher. Dating his ex-wife. But use his friendships with other heroes. Appearances by his former Outsiders friends, a few JLAer appearances. Then build a supporting cast and rogues gallery.

Rose and the Thorn. Always liked the idea of a hero that in her civilian identity doesn't know she's a hero. I may even "rebirth" Lucy Lane so she isn't such a military daddy's girl and have she and Rose be friends.

Incredible Member

Cyborg

Green Lantern Corps