Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

1. Batman: The Animated Series

2. So many great episodes to choose from, but I gotta go with Heart of Ice on this one.

3. Apokolips... Now!

4. Mr. Freeze, John Stewart, Green Arrow, Scarface, The Question

5. Mr. Freeze

6. Harley Quinn

7. Kevin Conroy/Mark Hamill

8. The Cadmus arc from Justice League Unlimited.
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

1. Favorite series from the Timverse.
    Batman The Animated Series

2. Favorite episode - stand alone.
    Almost Got'em

3. Favorite episode - multi-part
    Wild Cards - JL

4. Favorite repackaging of a character.
    Hawkgirl

5. Best repackaging of a character. Slightly different then the above because what character did you hate till it was retweaked in the animated universe and made you love them.
    No Idea

6. best new character: some of the characters that were created from this series have become a mainstay in this environment.
    I suppose Harley Quinn

7. best voice actor involved. Who did a simply excellent job becoming their character
    All around but I suppose the Default is Mark Hamill, Clancy Brown or Kevin Conroy

8. best story arc.
    No Idea

Best Moment
    Batman in Waller's shower :smile:

Favourite Animated Movie
    Crisis on Two Earths (mostly because of James Woods and Super Woman), Under the Red Hood, Return of the Joker.
    Last edited by Blackfist; 05-02-2014 at 06:05 PM.

BANNED

This is as good a place to talk about this as any, do you consider the Beyond books as part of the DCAU? Because apparenty a ton of people just don't, including the main editors of the DCAU wiki, even though I don't really see a reason as to why not, it clearly builds from it, the current arc on both books is a follow up on the Justice Lords arc of the JLU, and just before that there was a follow up on The Man Bat BTAS episodes that directly -flashbacks and all- referenced them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    This is as good a place to talk about this as any, do you consider the Beyond books as part of the DCAU? Because apparenty a ton of people just don't, including the main editors of the DCAU wiki, even though I don't really see a reason as to why not, it clearly builds from it, the current arc on both books is a follow up on the Justice Lords arc of the JLU, and just before that there was a follow up on The Man Bat BTAS episodes that directly -flashbacks and all- referenced them.
    I wouldn't count them for voting purposes, but they're clearly set in the Timmverse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I wouldn't count them for voting purposes, but they're clearly set in the Timmverse.
    Yeah, and it's not like a new DCAU show is going to come out any time soon to ''uncanonize'' it or whatever.

This is as good a place to talk about this as any, do you consider the Beyond books as part of the DCAU?
    Eh... good question.

Honestly... no, but that's only because I prefer not to, because I just didn't care for a few of the things in there. The main one is probably how Green Lantern and Hawkgirl get together, with Vixen's death, John killing Shadow Thief and then being expelled from the Green Lantern Corps, after which he settles down with Shayera in... Africa? I just prefer to think of that as non-canon. I would love to see Hawkgirl and Green Lantern get back together, but that was just... not a preferable way for it to happen, in my opinion.

For the matter, I also don't count those 'Adventure' comics that came out, either, like Batman Adventures and Justice League Adventures.

Speaking as someone who is currently enjoy Justice League Beyond 2.0, I consider it to be an AU of the DCAU. Like say, if DCAU exists on Earth 32 then the BB 2.0 and JLB 2.0 exist on Earth 34.

That's mainly because they mention the fact that Jay Garrick, Barry Allen and Bart Allen have operated in that universe. Yet, the only Flash we know of in the DCAU was Wally West.

However, I consider the comics that came out during the show's run such as 'Justice League Adventures', 'The Batman Adventures' and others to be part of the DCAU. If they conflict with the established canon of the cartoons, then they happened on some other universe. That's how I rationalize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Eh... good question.

Honestly... no, but that's only because I prefer not to, because I just didn't care for a few of the things in there. The main one is probably how Green Lantern and Hawkgirl get together, with Vixen's death, John killing Shadow Thief and then being expelled from the Green Lantern Corps, after which he settles down with Shayera in... Africa? I just prefer to think of that as non-canon. I would love to see Hawkgirl and Green Lantern get back together, but that was just... not a preferable way for it to happen, in my opinion.

For the matter, I also don't count those 'Adventure' comics that came out, either, like Batman Adventures and Justice League Adventures.
    Yeah, I hated the way they killed off Vixen. It was so cliche, the dialogue was horrible and there was no emotional investment. It was so very 'by the numbers', the characters deserved much better.

The book actually gets better though and it's currently it's one of my favorite DC books. The Brainiac arc was awesome and they are crushing it with the current arc with the return of Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    Favourite Animated Movie
    Crisis on Two Earths (mostly because of James Woods and Super Woman), Under the Red Hood, Return of the Joker.
    With the exception of Return of the Joker, none of those movies are part of the DCAU canon.

Last edited by John Venus; 05-03-2014 at 02:54 AM.

1. Favorite series from the Timverse. - Batman Beyond

2. Favorite episode - Out of the Past (BB) and the Darkseid episode in Brave and the Bold

3. Favorite episode - Starcrossed

4. Favorite repackaging of a character.- Brave and the Bold's Aquaman and Fire.

5. Best repackaging of a character - Brave and the Bold's Catwoman

6. Best New Character: - Terry

7. Best Voice Actor Involved - Will Friedle for Terry
    - Bruce Greenwood for Batman
    - Phil LaMarr - John Stewart

8. Best Story Arc - Season 1 for Young Justice I guess.

In hindsight I like DCAU but not as much. I mean I prefer watching Brave and the Bold and Young Justice to TNBA and JLU.

Extraordinary Member

1. Favorite series from the Timverse.

Justice League unlimited

2. Favorite episode - stand alone.

Epilogue

3. Favorite episode - multi-part

Alive and Destroyer

4. Favorite repackaging of a character.

Mr. freeze

5. Best repackaging of a character. Slightly different then the above because what character did you hate till it was retweaked in the animated universe and made you love them.

none
    6. best new character: some of the characters that were created from this series have become a mainstay in this environment.

Terry McGuinis

7. best voice actor involved. Who did a simply excellent job becoming their character.

Clancy Brown

8. best story arc.

Superman's hatred for Darkseid

9. Best Quote

The world of cardboard speech

10. best Moment

Flash defeating Brainthor

Extraordinary Member

Despite being a huge marvel fan. DC always win in terms of animation, I grew up on The Batman cartoon and I'm going to watch Beyond someday.
    Is it crucial that I watch the DC animated movies in chronological order?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Despite being a huge marvel fan. DC always win in terms of animation, I grew up on The Batman cartoon and I'm going to watch Beyond someday.
    You really should. Batman Beyond is a phenomenal series.

Is it crucial that I watch the DC animated movies in chronological order?
    Not really. A lot of them are just stand alone story arcs.

Extraordinary Member

Thanks. I'll watch one soon

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The book actually gets better though and it's currently it's one of my favorite DC books. The Brainiac arc was awesome and they are crushing it with the current arc with the return of Wonder Woman.
    Yeah, I've been reading Justice League Beyond. Good book!

Today we have lost a very important member of the DCAU. RIP Efrem Zimbalist Jr. (Alfred Pennyworth)
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!