Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default If you could write two titles for Marvel...

Which two would you write?

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Which two would you write?
    Squadron Supreme and Superior Foes of Ant-Man

1. X-men-I wouldn't have a set cast of characters, I'd try to include every mutant I could as it pertains to the story or mission they are on, change up the power sets depending on the situation. Just try to have them be the classic heroes I know they can be while exploring the background characters we wouldn't get a chance to see in action.

2. Punisher- I'd try to connect him more to the marvel universe, maybe it's just me but he feels like he's just in his own little corner of the MU when he could be getting involved in a whole lot of weirdness. He is an man with military training and guns in a world full of Inhumans, mutants, gods, demons, aliens, and etc. so let's see more of that instead of just mafia and gangsters. Although to be fair I'm not a big punisher reader so maybe I'm completely wrong in my assessment of him.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

1) Inhumans : I would go a very different way with them. Make them more alien and different. At the moment, they come across too linked to Mutants. The Inhumans are an ancient culture and almost completely alien. I would do that and amp it up.

2) Guardians of the Galaxy : I would use it to explore the big galactic empires and races. Make space interesting and cosmic. I don't feel the current run does that.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

If I could write SERIOUSLY and was good at it...

Black Panther or Blue Marvel

Storm

BANNED

Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze)

and

The Punisher.

Incredible Member

Ms. America Chavez (but I'd probably suck at it)
    and
    Agents of Atlas (but it would feel sacrilegious and would pale in comparison to Jeff Parker)

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

X-Men would be my first choice. I'd like to be able to tell done-in-one or small 2-3 issue arcs focusing on different characters and groups while having several larger plot points connecting them all and moving them toward an end goal blockbuster 6-8 issue arc. Then continue with that same formula. I really like when I see a character or group in the background of an issue as wallpaper then get to see what they were doing in a later issue or arc. I would seed a ton of that type of stuff throughout my issues.

My second choice would be a Daken solo. It would be him building a secret empire while seeking out any and all the people, places, objects and stories connected to Logan's life. He would create a monument or library for Logan to return to and learn more about himself. It would help Daken understand his father better and maybe himself. I would be able to explore all of Daken's complex character and maybe add in a love interest or two.

Spectacular Member CaptainLiberty76's Avatar

Hmmmmmm...veeeeerrry interesting question.

1. Captain America (Steve Rogers)--none of the 'Captain Hydra' stuff (I really hate this storyline when Marvel ought to be celebrating the character's 75 Anniversary). I'd do stories from a diverse time periods (pre-iceberg WWII and post-iceberg modern-day) showcasing WHY it is that Steve is the most moral and profound hero in the Marvel Universe (although that would require mopping up the MESS made to the Captain's character since Civil War I--which really damaged and tarnished Steve in the eyes of a lot of fans).

2. Avengers (focusing on a reunion of Cap's Kooky Quartet) and putting the Avenging Fab-Four through the paces with modern-day challenges dealing honestly with social issues like the original series did on occasion--the FIRST Sons of the Serpent storyline is the best story told of that group bar none). I'd find a way to bring back Bill Foster Goliath (none of this Black stuff---just good ol' Goliath) and Dane Whitman and Janet Van Dyne as semi-supporting characters.

On both titles the focus would be to tell engaging and self-contained stories of a shared universe that would not exceed 3 issues to tell a story. They would be thought-provoking, action-driven and built on character interactions. Ahhhh...if it could only be...one can dream

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Fantastic Four and Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell).

X-Factor Investigations: Madrox and a very pregnant Layla Miller reopen Jamie's detective agency. Shatterstar, Rictor, Danger and Warlock would round out the cast. Warpath and a non-Morrigan powered Siryn would live in the building with the rest but would have outside jobs and may assist the team once in a while.

The New Mutants: Magma, Dani Moonstar, Cypher, Karma, Havok, Polaris and Rachel Summers are tasked with teaching the next generation of mutants. Field trips to Asgard and the Savage Land. Rivalries, jealousy, friendships and hook ups abound.

Dazzler, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Secret Wars has left a mess of things in the Marvel Uni. Irregular monsters and beings are appearing one and another, foreign to this universe. Maria Hill tasks Dazzler along with a secret squad of trained killers to investigate. Though, when all but her remain after one mission, Dazzler learns there is more to this mission than meets the eye. She uncovers secrets and abnormalities that SHIELD has not only hidden from the world but from SHIELD itself. Dazzler enters this cosmic-fueled, eldritch abomination infested, spy thriller. (Artist: Chris Samnee w/ Matt Wilson on colors)

Mighty X-Men - The remnants of the X-Treme X-Men (Sage, Howlett, and Corporal Summers) are joined by Rachel Summers and 616 Hercules ( courtesy of Howlett ;} ) to explore what is happening out in the multiverse. New and different worlds created by Franklin Richards, filled with mysteries and horrors that could very well destroy the foundations of the Mighty X-Men. Sometimes run into The Ultimates and Guardians of Knowhere. (Artist: Ken Lashley w/ Nolan Woodard)

Spectacular Member CaptainLiberty76's Avatar

If those first two choices wouldn't be available I would choose:

1. Shang-Chi MoKF: I'd bring back the gang somehow--Shang, Wu, Reston and Black Jack Tarr--then I would find someway to include Sir Denis (there has got to be a way to work around the legal conundrums) on occasion. Cat would be included as a sometime ally and sometime adversary. My inspiration would be to follow the pattern set by Caniff of Terry and the Pirates (not Wunder) and tell the best stories of game of deceit and death that I could using the diverse classic cast imagined by Monech, Gulacy and Zeck.

2. Namor--the Sub-Mariner: My inspiration would be the classic Thomas-Buscema era with a smattering of the Gil Kane period.

BANNED

1. Incredible Hulk/Bruce Banner

2. Skaar: Son of Hulk

Others that I would interested in writing are Maestro, The Eternals, She-Hulk, Thor, Silver Surfer, Thanos, etc.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

1. NAMOR -- in an epic fantasy mode, developing the underwater world, with magic and mystery! Also, back to basics and the speedo! There's a reason why the Olympic flag bearer from Tongo trended on twitter. ;p

2. SUPER-VILLAIN TEAM UP!

I almost put FANTASTIC FOUR because it sucks that Marvel canceled that book, and DOCTOR STRANGE done properly.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?