Default Make Krypto Like Battle-Cat.

For those who don't recognize the comparison, Battle-Cat is a really big green tiger that serves as He-Man's pet and steed. When He-Man is in his human identity of Adam, the cat is called Cringer and is a meek, cowardly animal. When Adam turns into He-Man Cringer turns into Battle-Cat, and is brave and fierce.

So, back to Krypto. In an earlier issue of Superman we saw a new, classic retriever version of Krypto which the Eradicator seemed to have created, or he changed the current direwolf Krypto. My idea has been since I read the issue that what Eradicator did was ingest Krypto, infuse the dog with Jon's genome (as Jor-El created Krypto initially with Kal's DNA), as probably a planned gift to Jon after it cleansed Jon himself. Thus the changed appearance.

Well, why can't Krypto be both at the same time? Say he now has Kal and Jon's genome within him. When he's docile and casual, he favor's Jon's genome and is the retriever. When its battle conditions, he favors Kal-El's genome and changes into the direwolf.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-12-2016 at 05:06 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

It's an interesting idea, and I love Cringer/Battle-Cat, but personally, while I thought New 52's take on Krypto was interesting, I'd be perfectly happy with just getting classic Krypto back .

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'd be okay with it. I love direwolf/more alien Krypto, and if this is the way to sneak his survival past Geoff Johns, I'm down.

Oddly enough, at one point during the New 52, I thought Krypto should have had some sort of image-inducer collar, that gave him the appearance of a regular dog when not doing super-heroics.

I do think that time has passed, though.