Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    were you guys aware that the woman that Tony Stark is currently dating created a "Mutant Cure?" I wonder if that will come into play, at some point.

That was never mentioned again after that issue. I doubt even Bendis remembers it .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That was never mentioned again after that issue. I doubt even Bendis remembers it .
    if it had come out of another character's mouth, sure. but he, imo, was setting Amara up to play a role in his Infamous Iron Man book. we know very little about her. what we do know is that she's working on Alzheimer's research and has a mutant cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I think it's entirely reasonable for the X-Men want to destroy the mist. Given the choice between life and death vs. loss of powers and identity, I think the answer is clear. That being said, I also think it's reasonable for the Inhumans to want to stop them and say "no, we're working on a cure, don't do anything rash give us a chance." Now, despite their best intentions, whether they can actually fix this is an open question.
    rash was unleashing the T-mists on the entire population w/o considering the results (and I'm being generous since they knew that the mists had killed humans and mutants, in the past). are they really working on a cure? I see a lot of the Beast outside of his lab. don't the Inhumans have a healer or two?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Unfortunately they are running out of time from what understand Beast discovered inhuman mist will cover the entire planet in a matter of days and when that happens mutants will no longer be born and will die.

In other words waiting for a miracle cure is no longer an option because will be too late after it happens.

Many say Storm could have already gotten rid of the mist but did not to avoid a war with the Inhumans but now the situation has changed if she waits may be the end of all mutants.
    I'm speaking from a bit of ignorance here but, if it's that saturated already, it feels like it would be beyond destruction. It's basically like blowing up the hydrogen in the air at that point.

rash was unleashing the T-mists on the entire population w/o considering the results (and I'm being generous since they knew that the mists had killed humans and mutants, in the past). are they really working on a cure? I see a lot of the Beast outside of his lab. don't the Inhumans have a healer or two?
    They isn't the Inhumans, though, they would be two people: Black Bolt and Maximus. Blaming an entire race for the actions of two people can't be justified.

Fantastic Member

I'm speaking from a bit of ignorance here but, if it's that saturated already, it feels like it would be beyond destruction. It's basically like blowing up the hydrogen in the air at that point.

They isn't the Inhumans, though, they would be two people: Black Bolt and Maximus. Blaming an entire race for the actions of two people can't be justified.
    It is what has always been done with the mutants. They came to exterminate virtually all mutants in the world of rachel summers for a murder, In the world of Bishop, they locked all mutantss in concentration camps by the actions of Hope Summers. What happened vith Cyke has served so there genocides mutants worldwide.

But apparently this is justified only when they are mutants. But when the x-fans point out that not x-fans not sees the injustice, the mutants are a bunch of extremists apparently exaggerated...

The cover looks amazing. This could be an interesting event and while I will be siding with the X-men, I just hope by the end both the Inhumans and X-Men can get on with their lives. The whole Inhumans/X-men thing has been drawn out for far too long and is just giving ammo to those who think Marvel want to destroy anything mutant related.

Black Bolt is the Inhumans and vice versa

they've pledged allegiance to the royal family

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Black Bolt is the Inhumans and vice versa

they've pledged allegiance to the royal family
    Allegiance, not a eternal magical blood oath.
    Because of their actions BB lost his throne and family, Medusa is now the ruler of Attilan. And while the inhumans who live there are her subjects, they are free to choose if they want to come to New Attilan and when they want to leave.
    Everything Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    Because of their actions BB lost his throne and family, Medusa is now the ruler of Attilan. And while the inhumans who live there are her subjects, they are free to choose if they want to come to New Attilan and when they want to leave.
    And if Magneto does something especifically against Black Bolt, Medusa would bring an army of Inhumans to his front door; so what's the difference ?.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    For what it's worth I thought AvX worked out pretty well for all sides.

Avengers and X-Men came together in the end to save the world and the mutant gene was restored. That was pretty much a win win for everyone.

It's possible this event could end up that way too. But ya never know.
    For how bad people complain about the event. You make good points.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-13-2016 at 07:05 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You're right. She's barely been in the book since she said that.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    but what are we talking about here? the X-Men (and i don't know who the instigator will be in this one) aren't going after individual Inhumans. they are going after new Attilan, right? I doubt that they'd hunt down anyone who left New Attilan or who opted not to fight them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    You're right. She's barely been in the book since she said that.
    that's because Bendis only introduced her to be Doom's love interest/foil. whenever she shows up, she talks about her research. just seems weird that Bendis, who is writing this big inhumans vs mutants event, would have his new pet character invent something to take out the recently restored x-gene.

I'm not an Issue Zero fan but, as someone who follows the Inhuman side of things, but, while familiar with the X-Men side, doesn't follow it day to day, I'll appreciate a summary. Let's face it, this has been an X-Men story, not an Inhuman story so far aside from the occasional lip service to the fact that this is a thing.

I like the cover, but strongly dislike that font.

And the powers of all future Inhumans, though. Let's be fair. Suppose they could make it so the mist wouldn't kill anyone but would depower all future mutants, would any mutant be happy with that?
    Like the Scarlet Witch's spell ?.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bubibartra View Post
    It is what has always been done with the mutants.
    Which means they should uniquely know why this is a bad thing.

But apparently this is justified only when they are mutants. But when the x-fans point out that not x-fans not sees the injustice, the mutants are a bunch of extremists apparently exaggerated...
    What? Who in the world is Team Sentinel? No one is advocating Mutant Genocide.